Dodgers at NY Yankees Weekend

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This was going to be huge before Juan Soto left Thursday nights game early. It's still big though. Some are labeling this as a potential World Series preview but there's such a long way to go. Game 1 is a matchup that heavily favors the Dodgers. Yamamoto vs Poteet. If Soto can't go, that favors the Dodgers even more. However, I wonder if Soto hits the IL, The Martian (Jasson Dominguez) will be called up. IMO, game should slightly favor L.A.. Gavin Stone vs Nestor Cortes. The finale should be a gem. Tyler Glasnow vs Luis Gil. I sure hope this series doesn't disappoint.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is really the WS match up the MLB needs and I really want to see again.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the dodgers take them apart. Off topic, so apologies, but I was in town earlier and it was awash with Phillies fans. What a bunch of arrogant pricks. Seemed to have the attitude we should be pleased that they are here. Wish they’d fuck off home to be honest.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope the dodgers take them apart. Off topic, so apologies, but I was in town earlier and it was awash with Phillies fans. What a bunch of arrogant pricks. Seemed to have the attitude we should be pleased that they are here. Wish they’d fuck off home to be honest.
There's a huge difference between Philly fans and Yankee fans. Philly fans are a bunch of arrogant pricks who've witnessed 2 World Championships (if they're old enough). Yankees fans are confident from experience (if they're old enough). 27 World Championships doesn't hurt. I'm old and I've only witnessed seven.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'd love "ump cam" if they could guarantee the ump would keep his head still! Just give me the CF camera. That's all I need.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yamamoto had his best game of the season. His fastball was hitting 98 in the 6th and 7th innings. I don't how much stock the Yankees put in this series compared to others but the Dodgers said it felt like a playoff game. Although their offense was stymied again. They've had some offensive struggles lately with the occasional break out game.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Agreed. This would be a marquee matchup between two of the leagues iconic teams.
As we all know, no two teams have matched up in the World Series more often. But it's been 43 years since the last one. Definitely NEED another NYY/LAD World Series!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers have a complete lineup. Yankees lose Soto and they have nothing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And it crosses over to all sports. No offense to @PhillyRam but every time I have gone to a sporting event where the philly team was playing, their fans were absolute dickheads.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Dodgers have a complete lineup. Yankees lose Soto and they have nothing.
Soto is the difference. I wouldn't say 'they have nothing' though. Best pitching in baseball.....without Cole. I'd like to see them trade Grisham and bring up the Martian for good.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And it crosses over to all sports. No offense to @PhillyRam but every time I have gone to a sporting event where the philly team was playing, their fans were absolute dickheads.
I would have to disagree when it comes to the Phillies...yes same fans, but much different atmoshere. Fans wearing opposing team jerseys do not get harassed like they do at Eagles games. I am actually a partial season ticket holder for the Phillies.

A fun team to watch with a great culture, and just a great group of dudes. I will also say that their fans support that team like no other fan base. You can go to a Tuesday night game during the school year and get 40k fans. However, I do hate it when the fans occasionally break out into an Eagles cheer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soto is the difference. I wouldn't say 'they have nothing' though. Best pitching in baseball.....without Cole. I'd like to see them trade Grisham and bring up the Martian for good.
Good thing they didnt trade Grisham before last night!
Judge sure did his best, and Verdugo was the only other Yankee to show up in the series. I'm just so sick of Stanton.
Martian is still a couple of weeks away, will make for some interesting decisions once he's ready and god willing, Soto is back

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You would think with all the negative perception they might tone it down. But those people wear it like its a badge of honor.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
You would think with all the negative perception they might tone it down. But those people wear it like its a badge of honor.
You don't understand the geographic relevance. They wear it like a badge of honor. They're fucking morons. But they're consistent. They behave that way in sports and life. City of brotherly love is an oxymoron.