Do you recognize the ex Ram in this pic...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Let me try and set the stage with this.

I deal with a large number of adult students everyday on my job. Yesterday a student comes into my office and says, "Holy Shit, you're a Ram fan?". I've got a shelf full of Ram stuff. So I'm figuring he wants to ask me about the Bradford trade. I'm like Hell YES I'm a Ram fan.

So this guy pulls out his phone and asks me if I know who this is and shows me this pic.....

unnamed_3.jpg

Right away I say Alex Barron! Hahahahahahahhaaaaaaa

So this student is one of Alex's best friends. Alex was in his wedding (where the pic was taken).

We had a long talk about Alex. It was really cool hearing some of the very positive stories about him that I never would have known. I may share some of them if he doesn't want to come on here and do a Q & A... I asked my student to tell Alex that we'd like to invite him to do one here at ROD. (y)

I'll let you know.

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The only thing Alex Barron didn't have was the desire to be great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We had a long talk about Alex. It was really cool hearing some of the very positive stories about him that I never would have known. I may share some of them if he doesn't want to come on here and do a Q & A... I asked my student to tell Alex that we'd like to invite him to do one here at ROD. (y)
Well in that case, Barron was a remarkable teammate. Great guy.
And that rumor about his start-up landscaping company? That's false. I'll bet $10 he doesn't work on yards.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well in that case, Barron was a remarkable teammate. Great guy.
And that rumor about his start-up landscaping company? That's false. I'll bet $10 he doesn't work on yards.

Hahahahaha

That last play Alex had with Dallas was a topic at one point. Ouch. LOL

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Cool story, thanks. Damn he is large. That pic has a certain Pulp Fiction vibe.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cool story, thanks. Damn he is large. That pic has a certain Pulp Fiction vibe.

And just so you know,,, my student is probably at least tippin the scales at 260.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They both look so happy to be in a wedding.

Of course it could be the matching outfits that has them unhappy.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Damn. That's a lot of fabric.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I remember screaming BAAAAAAARRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!! at the tv when he would committ his usual False Start and kill drives. He looked good on paper. Also a prime example of why drafting purely off need is a bad idea.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Look, AB should have had a longer career; but he wasn't as bad at RT as we "remember".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yes he was.

Only John St. Clair can make me less happy.

AB didn't live up to expectations. But...over his final 4 seasons - here - he only missed 1 start. That's a lot of starts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
AB didn't live up to expectations. But...over his final 4 seasons - here - he only missed 1 start. That's a lot of starts.
Damn right he didn't miss a lot of starts. He had more starts than the rest of the line. Sometimes twice as many.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Alex had his locker retired at FSU this year. He collected major hardware for the mantel while in college.