Discussion before day 3 of the draft; thoughts, wants, needs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So we have pick 11, 35 and 36.

Bolded are guys we've met with.

Looking at LB available:

Shaqueem Griffion obviously
Jeff Holland
Josh Sweat
Ogbonnia Okowronko
Hercules Mata'afa
Kylie Fitts
Dorance Armstrong

At ILB
Micah Kiser
Josey Jewell

Jack Cichey
Christian Sam

Feel free to add names, one thing I'd look at for tomorrow though! Snead has made 9 picks with McVay and 7 of them played and excelled at the Senior Bowl. That's probably a trend and something to pay attention to.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I expect quite a few of these guys to be Rams tomorrow. We are in a good spot with all these Edge guys falling to the 4th along with the ILBs still left

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Currently have five 6th round picks. Sheesh. Hope we get rid of at least two of them in a trade-up. Seems like a waste to have that many 6th rd picks.... wed just end up cutting some of them, right?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Currently have five 6th round picks. Sheesh. Hope we get rid of at least two of them in a trade-up. Seems like a waste to have that many 6th rd picks.... wed just end up cutting some of them, right?
It's certainly possible. Our last 2 picks in the 6th could be used to move one of those late 4th rounders up about 10 spots.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
It's certainly possible. Our last 2 picks in the 6th could be used to move one of those late 4th rounders up about 10 spots.
My thoughts exactly. We are now in our wheelhouse where we have plenty of ammo where we don't have to mortgage the future to move around and make picks.

DLux27

Rookie
If Tyrell Crosby is still there at 11 I wouldn’t mind the double dip. Then use a 6th to move up from one of those backend 4ths and grab Holland or Griffin if available.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
If they leave the 4th round with Okowronko, Kiser, and Holton Hill! Wow I would be sooooo happy

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Edge, C, ILB, NT, S,TE are my areas of concern in order. I'm not doubting this staff at all though. They just seem to have key people in each position group that can identify talent that fits what they like to do. They are in a really good position to go BPA with them finding Tackle depth already. I'm swayed by @jrry32 , Griffin would rock in horns IMO. At a minimum he would be a ST ace IMO. That's needed with the departure of Cody Davis. Besides that get a nice Center prospect and I'm happy.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Tim Settle is still on the board. He would make a nice backup for Suh this year, moving into the starting NT spot next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From my vantage point, the ideal fourth round for us is:
#111 - Shaquem Griffin
#135 - Jeff Holland
#136 - Jack Cichy or Micah Kiser

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Several of the teams picking ahead of the rams in the 4th have already drafted a LB . Didnt check how many of the remaining teams took a LB in the first 2 rounds but I'm guessing no more than 2 come off the board before the rams pick, leaving a nice selection pool.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Tim Settle is still on the board. He would make a nice backup for Suh this year, moving into the starting NT spot next year.

That would be a strong pick, ... he, either LB'ers Shaquem Griffen, Sweat or Holland, along with OG Tyrell Crosby would be very welcome 4'th round acquisitions imo. I'm hoping we can keep all three 4'th round picks and use those 6'th rounders to move up where necessary.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Crosby's medicals must have raised major red flags because he certainly should have gone alot earlier. He had two major knee injuries, so that could explain why he available.

If the Rams can somehow reunite high school teammates Duke Ejiofor and Obo Okoronkwo IMO they will knock the draft out of the park whatever else they do.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
ESPN doesn't even have one LB in the first 10 picks of the 4th rnd as best available. Were gonna get some nice players. And yes, use 3 of those 5 6th rnd picks to move up our 4th rounders.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Actually, they have 2 LBs in the top 40 best available....jewel at 10 and oko at 12.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So we have pick 11, 35 and 36.

Bolded are guys we've met with.

Looking at LB available:

Shaqueem Griffion obviously
Jeff Holland
Josh Sweat
Ogbonnia Okowronko
Hercules Mata'afa
Kylie Fitts
Dorance Armstrong

At ILB
Micah Kiser
Josey Jewell

Jack Cichey
Christian Sam

Feel free to add names, one thing I'd look at for tomorrow though! Snead has made 9 picks with McVay and 7 of them played and excelled at the Senior Bowl. That's probably a trend and something to pay attention to.
Guaranteed to get one of those guys if we want them, 11 of them and we pick 11th. Life is good!