DirecTV raises price for NFL Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Sunday Ticket is a terrific product, and IMO, a bargain for $300. Since they include the app with the standard package, I don't need to pay the add on fee for the "max package". I don't watch red zone.
I'm with @Elmgrovegnome in that I couldn't/wouldn't stream unless they was a way to record. I rarely watch games live, more often I watch on delay.
I've been fortunate the last couple years that I was able to get the ticket for free. I'll try again in august, but I'm sure one of these days they'll tell me to take a hike.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll try again in august, but I'm sure one of these days they'll tell me to take a hike.
Now... don't take this the wrong way... but you've been pissing me off for years with your exploits! Hope this is the year you have to pay like the rest of us schmucks!
:mad::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not going to pick it up for the 2018 season. Will illegally stream instead. Big business helping me to make the outlaw decision to take a stand, what a world we live in. :p

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
"One conclusion can be drawn from these messages: The accounts are staffed either by poorly-programmed bots or the most hilariously passive-aggressive customer-service representatives in the world."

This is Hilarious!

For anyone that has ever dealt with DTV, This is exactly how their reps speak!
They were great until the merger, IMO.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
For all the people who can’t watch live and get it just for that I am also in the same boat. But honestly I use nflfullhd.com and they post replays in a pretty timely manner. Quality of those is also good and they cut out the commercials. Between reddit and that it’s a pretty good free all the way around experience. Can also go back to any previous week and watch those games too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that's only for students or areas/buildings that are unable to get directv service. Because I looked into that a couple of years ago. Maybe it's changed? Would be nice if it has.

NFL game pass you can get all game after they are finished. I actually ordered that this year but the first Rams preseason game was blacked out because "reasons" and the second game was blacked out for "reasons". After that I said **** you NFL and canceled it before the grace period was over and just watched it for free instead. I am more than willing to pony up money to the NFL so that I can watch all of the games I want. I have zero problem with that. But they either make it a hassle by forcing you to buy other services such as DTV for the privilege to then pay them money for the content. Or they do that blackout bullcrap where some games are blacked out and some aren't... that really pisses me off after I pay them money for it.

So yeah, I probably make too much of it but it's where my mindset is at this time and not ranting at you elmgrove so my apologies if it seems like I am lol. It doesn't help that the NFL and Directv both really ticked me off years ago (through the Rams moving and directv just being a horrible company like all telecoms are). But if the NFL ever offers no strings attached games for a fee that I can watch with no blackouts... I will give them my money. Until then, streaming on reddit.

No worries. I know a rant when I see one.

I didn't know Game Pass could have blackouts. I don't know how this guy was doing it. Maybe he was connected somehow. A good friend of my co rented his house with him.

I thought the PlayStation deal was in conjunction with Madden. I never tried it. My kids have an Xbox. Every year I think about dropping Direct TV but our local cable is almost as much and they dropped Yes Network. So, no Yankee games. My kids almost exclusively watch YouTube and Netflix on the Smart TV, so the only reason I still have Direct TV is for myself. It gives me guilt.

Our computer cable used to cost $30.00 a month. Then they merged with a bigger company and the price shot up to $95.00 a month for the lowest bandwidth.

They get us every way they can. Either way we are over paying for something.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I paid 150 for a streaming box last summer and seen every game, and more and continue to enjoy, worth every penny.
All you need is a little patience .

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Been streaming since 2013 and will continue. Last couple years been watching prime ticket using family member's password for online.

The drawback is the buffering, which can get annoying.... but I'll watch the entire game on a HD mp4 the next day and catch what I missed.

ausmurp

Starter
I've always hated how the NFL deals exclusive packages to DirecTV, etc. For a business worth so much $, you'd think they'd have their own streaming app, very Netflix like. Could be like their NFL app with all the videos, past full games to watch, and all regular season games in a single place. Then still get the deals from fox and other stations to air live games for the older generation who doesn't do the app streaming,and slowly kill that off. They'd make more $ doing it this way I would think. I'd pay $10 or so a month for that service like I pay for Netflix and HBO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I dropped it a couple years ago and still haven’t missed a Rams game since. I think they just squeezed more fans over to streaming.