Difference between Greg Williams scheme and Tampa 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Mr. Sapp

What an honor. Thank you for taking time to discuss football with some fans of a former mortal enemy, haha.

What similarities do you see between the defensive scheme that Gregg Williams runs in LA, and the Tampa 2 that you played in? They both seem geared toward flexibility against run or pass, just going about it a bit differently maybe.

Also, I know you and Brett Fav(ruh) had a strong mutual respect for each other on the field, and there were some great sound bites of you two jawing at each other during games. Is he someone you still stay in touch with outside of football?

Thanks again!
Scott

Warren Sapp

Super Bowl Champ and Hall of Famer
Name
Warren
The key with Gregg Williams that I like is his philosophy which is rooted in accountability and consistency... Good players buy into this idea and it will make them great over time. When you establish those two characteristics amongst the defense on and off the field, it sets the tone and mentality amongst the players for the schemes on the field to be executed to precision.

Yes, Brett and I still have a great relationship today and it was a pleasure and honor to see him come home to the Hall this past weekend. We always brought out the best in each other and it was those experiences with him that have helped shape my career.