Dick Vermeil

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kfns.jpg

11-17-11 Segment 7
Dick Vermiel joins the show live to discuss the Rams and the NFL

[mp3]http://media.kfns.com/Podcasts/1949/11-17-11_Segment_7.mp3[/mp3]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-17-11 Segment 8
Dick Vermiel stays on for another segment to discuss his career in the NFL

[mp3]http://media.kfns.com/Podcasts/1949/11-17-11_Segment_8.mp3[/mp3]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"You cant make a champion, out of a guy you continually call a chump”
Vermeil quoting an old high school coach

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Regarding the second segment: DV touched on the 14 full-pad practices for the entire season, and how it really limits a team's chances of improving in-season.

I hated that rule when I first heard about it, and I still do. Teams that need to really toughen up won't have an adequate chance to do so.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the number of significant injuries, league-wide, skyrockets to an all-time high over the next 10 years -- and this 14 full-pad practice limit will be a major contributing factor.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HeiseNBerg said:
Regarding the second segment: DV touched on the 14 full-pad practices for the entire season, and how it really limits a team's chances of improving in-season.

I hated that rule when I first heard about it, and I still do. Teams that need to really toughen up won't have an adequate chance to do so.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the number of significant injuries, league-wide, skyrockets to an all-time high over the next 10 years -- and this 14 full-pad practice limit will be a major contributing factor.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That rule is going to give them the opposite result. They were hoping it would cut down on injuries, but it leaves guys (especially new guys) ill prepared.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
HeiseNBerg said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That rule is going to give them the opposite result. They were hoping it would cut down on injuries, but it leaves guys (especially new guys) ill prepared.
The body is an unusual thing, the more stress you put on it, it the more it adapts to stress. Weightlifting is an example, but it works for all things. You have to play football to get stronger at playing football. I have been wondering myself if the new CBA has had a negative effect.