Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We are 1 dynamic player away from being great on O IMO, Help on the line will come.
Match our D with a more versatile O and we are as good as anybody.

It is not often you are this close, I don't know who it is but 1 Dynamic player away form really forcing the defenses to take us serious and allow us to open up the playbook.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different games. Different teams. The 23 points the Rams scored vs. Seattle in the first game wasn't repeated in the 2nd game was it? They only scored 9 points. Same QB.

Cam Akers fumbles inside the 5 yard line. Everett drops a TD pass. Two false start penalties within the 5 yard line. And Wolford made a bad read on that sprint out (should have ran towards the pylon). Are you telling me that you'd feel differently if none of these things happened and the Rams would have gone on and had 3 TDs in those drives? Honestly? But, I have no doubt that these same things would be pointed out if Goff were at QB Sunday.

Opinions on who is the best QB on the team? Couldn't care less. I would hope that the more experience QB would be the better QB, but that's subjective based upon one views of the position, IMO. The key, IMO, is who is the best option for THIS TEAM TOMORROW.

Wolford faired well in his first NFL start, and offers something Goff doesn't AND is healthy. Goff can throw as much as he wants pre-game. But, it's has to be a concern for anyone who understands that it's a different animal altogether once the bullets start flying. Getting hit, taking multiple snaps, and being stressed in the pocket is different. Pride or his mind might tell him that there is no difference in his hand/thumb, but it is possible that his body tells him otherwise gameday.

I've been there before rushing back from an injury. My head told me I could do everything I was doing pre-injury. It didn't go well. Doesn't mean the same will happen with Goff. But, to dismiss the possibility seems rather strange to me.
In last 3 games vs Arizona, Goff averaged 365 yards 2.5 TD and 30 offensive points. Wolford accumulated 234 yards, 0 TD and 9 offensive points.
7 games vs Seattle prior to last (Under McVay) Goff avg 290 yards passing and 28.5 points per game.
Both Pete Carroll and Kliff Kingsbury agree with you that the Rams should start Wolford.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Is it true Watson was all butt hurt over not being consulted for his input on their next GM?

I thought I’d heard that on the nfl channel, that can’t seriously be true, right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it true Watson was all butt hurt over not being consulted for his input on their next GM?

I thought I’d heard that on the nfl channel, that can’t seriously be true, right?

Watson is apparently mad because they told him they'd take his opinion into account on the coaching search, he recommended Eric Bieniemy for the job, and the Texans refused to even extend Bieniemy an interview. Additionally, they didn't give him advance notice that they were hiring Caserio, which ticked him off because they also didn't give him any notice last year they were trading Hopkins. Both times, he found out on social media.

Memphis Ram

Legend
In last 3 games vs Arizona, Goff averaged 365 yards 2.5 TD and 30 offensive points. Wolford accumulated 234 yards, 0 TD and 9 offensive points.
7 games vs Seattle prior to last (Under McVay) Goff avg 290 yards passing and 28.5 points per game.
Both Pete Carroll and Kliff Kingsbury agree with you that the Rams should start Wolford.

C'mon. How many times in the history of the league do you suppose an opposing coach (and their fans for that matter) wouldn't prefer to play a team's back up QB? And didn't the last Seahawks game show you that past performance (those 7 games prior) is no guarantee of future results. Again, each game and it's circumstances are different.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams made the same mistake with Bradford. Used a top pick on pocket QB and never gave him the line to succeed. If I give up a shit ton of picks for a player. I'm going to do what it takes to protect him and make him thrive.

True, but the Rams have invested a lot of draft picks and/or trades in the O-line. And with the cap... they can't just sign away pro-bowl o-lineman from other teams. I agree with your premise, but I believe the Rams organization has tried to improve the line, especially considering all the draft picks they have given away.

Deshawn Watson would help because of his scrambling ability, but the rams could accomplish the same result by improving the o-line.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like others have said you really can't make accurate direct comparisons. I am certainly of the mind that if Goff can play he should. I wouldn't mind working in the Wolfman for 4 or 5 plays though.
Of the past 3 games that Goff compiled those stats AZ was trash in 2 really only being good this season. Goff's stats were aided by a healthier offense than Wolf had as well. RB, OL.
It is a tool we all use but never has an accurate linear path.
All this said play the vet with playoff experience and hope he gets a clean pocket today which will
largely depend on Whit and the OL helping out the running game

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon. How many times in the history of the league do you suppose an opposing coach (and their fans for that matter) wouldn't prefer to play a team's back up QB? And didn't the last Seahawks game show you that past performance (those 7 games prior) is no guarantee of future results. Again, each game and it's circumstances are different.
Right. Which is exactly why I can’t see how anyone would expect Wolford to be able to effectively start the game.
As for Seattle and Goff? He had shredded them 5 or 6 games in a row and they held him in check. You think they feel confident they can do it again? Or do you think they know it’s unlikely to see that bad of a performance back to back.
Actually, I have no idea why this is in the Deshaun Watson thread

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Right. Which is exactly why I can’t see how anyone would expect Wolford to be able to effectively start the game.
As for Seattle and Goff? He had shredded them 5 or 6 games in a row and they held him in check. You think they feel confident they can do it again? Or do you think they know it’s unlikely to see that bad of a performance back to back.
LOL, Right
I forgot this was a watson thread but I guess the hot topic is our QB and it eventually works it's way into almost every thread.

We need a healthy Goff, solid OL play, a decent runing game and McVay to have a plan A and a Plan B if A is not working.
If this happens ROUND 2 BABY

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I dont know who "Foolio" even is. I saw Deshaun's tweet Tuesday night. The trade talk started yesterday morning, because Watson talk to some players on Wednesday. The "credible" guys you speak of are reliable and arent using the words of some hack

Yeah Foolio is Mike Florio. Like I said...screw him. If Adam Schefter or Ian R. says something, I listen.

Foolio? Please.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Foolio is Mike Florio. Like I said...screw him. If Adam Schefter or Ian R. says something, I listen.

Foolio? Please.
Schefter and Rapp confirmed the rumors though, and they werent started by Florio, not were they influenced by him. The rumors started running rampant on Tuesday, Florio did his spot on it on Thursday

Memphis Ram

Legend

I don't really care what the Seahawks coaches or their fans think. Before being merged the thread started with a TMZ clip about Bruce's comments. I merely mentioned that what was on the next clip and it took off from there.

TheBunk

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

This was addressed above, but without even looking you should know Watson is as stand up of a guy there is. If he's upset he has a reason to be.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Keep Goff and beef up the OL to protect him. With the OL we've had this year and last we're damn lucky the only injury Goff has had is the thumb injury. One of these times Blythe or Boom are gonna get beat and our QB is gonna get seriously hurt. We paid him now we need to protect the investment.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, but the Rams have invested a lot of draft picks and/or trades in the O-line. And with the cap... they can't just sign away pro-bowl o-lineman from other teams. I agree with your premise, but I believe the Rams organization has tried to improve the line, especially considering all the draft picks they have given away.

Deshawn Watson would help because of his scrambling ability, but the rams could accomplish the same result by improving the o-line.
The Rams haven't invested much in the OL for the past couple of years.
In 2017 the Rams signed Whit, in 2018 they signed Sullivan and the Rams had a pretty good line and the offense thrived. Since then they haven't signed anybody notable.

The following two years have been invested in the defense.
Last years top FA signings were Floyd and Robinson. The year before their big FA signings were Fowler and Weddle.
As far as the draft, in 2018 they drafted Notebloom in the 3rd and Allen in the 4th. In 2019, they drafted Edwards in the 3rd and Evans in the 5th. Last year they spent a 7th rounder on Anchrum and that was it.
They have traded their top picks for WRs and DBs the last 3 years.
They have focused their capital on Defense and the D is pretty damn good!

They have spent mid tier picks on OL and they have taken a long time to develop. It has been 3 years since they signed a good Ol man and the highest pick they have used is a 3rd.

Having a QB like Watson would be awesome, but the odds of that happening are very, very small if not impossible.
Moving Goff would trigger a $65 cap hit and we would have to totally gut our team of talent. WE would have Watson, nothing else left and no cap money or draft picks to fill in the holes. If we get a QB, we would have to draft and develop one so he would be ready in a couple of years when Goff becomes movable.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Sure we could trade Goff and a star player for Watson LMAO, this ain't Madden.

There's only 2 star players here AD and Jalen.

So you got Goff 35 mill plus dead money,plus the Star player dead money and then we take on Watson's contract lol.

Guess we could do it if the Cap was like 270 280 mill next year or had a 10 man squad.

Talk of trading for Watson is so naive and that's being Really Really Nice. Hello

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that was pretty predictable.:(