Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Schefter and Rapp confirmed the rumors though, and they werent started by Florio, not were they influenced by him. The rumors started running rampant on Tuesday, Florio did his spot on it on Thursday

True, but I disagree about Foolio. He fanned the flames and made this shit go viral. Even if it was inevitable.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Would give Goff and every pick for him...

if the cap didn’t exist

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fixing the o-line is a 2 phase thing to be done in the offseason. Cut Blythe and Havenstein saving $10M (enough to sigh Floyd). Moving Boom to RT for a year, Edwards to swing OT for a year, Corbett back to LG and Edwards to RG, and either Shelton or Allen at C. Either one would be a clear blocking upgrade over Blythe.

Phase 2 would be to implement a true power gap/ inside zone run scheme with proper blocking and a true FB. This would probably mean replacing Kromer who has shown he isn't up to the job. In his first two years, he had a line of solid vets and was simply asked to implement a high school level outside zone scheme. Everyone assumed he was a great coach. Since he's been the run game coordinator the run attack has degenerated in large part to poor o-line execution which IMO is indicative of poor coaching. Remember this is the same guy that thinks a 6'2" 314lb center is really a LT.

So yes I agree train, as long as the o-line fix includes a scheme change as well. I for one have had enough of finesse football. This isn't flag it's the NFL and sometimes you need to be able to play smash-mouth, something the Ram offense hasn't shown it can do.

Any plan that moves Noteboom into a starters role is a bad plan.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Watson is talented no doubt about it ... but not talented enough to go beyond a 4-11 season .. yet goff despite his turnovers despite his bad games despite what everyone else wants thier narrative to be (finished the year 9-7) and hasn’t had a losing season in 4 years ... I’m sticking with goff

And before anyone bitches and moans about how bad the Texans are .. (blue font) good QBs elevate the talent around them .. good QBs shouldn’t need everything to be perfect ..ad nauseam

Different teams. Different coaches.

We are 1 dynamic player away from being great on O IMO, Help on the line will come.
Match our D with a more versatile O and we are as good as anybody.

It is not often you are this close, I don't know who it is but 1 Dynamic player away form really forcing the defenses to take us serious and allow us to open up the playbook.

one great tight end and a Center

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Houston's latest trades have been to cut salary, so I don't think they would want Goff's contract. They would take on a boat load of dead cap money to move Watson, they just re-signed him. If, they were to trade Watson I do believe it would be to rebuild with young players and draft picks. They would most likely want a pick high enough for a top QB in the draft or a young QB and a few good picks.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are 1 dynamic player away from being great on O IMO, Help on the line will come.
Match our D with a more versatile O and we are as good as anybody.

It is not often you are this close, I don't know who it is but 1 Dynamic player away form really forcing the defenses to take us serious and allow us to open up the playbook.
First thing that comes to mind is the Chiefs. Mahomes has two of them in Kelce and Hill.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'd like to get Watson, if he can run deep routes and catch contested passes.:sneaky:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
James Harden just got out of Houston-NBA. Maybe DeShaun will end up going to New Jersey as well aka Brooklyn aka the NY Jets. :cool:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stephen A is a bullshitter and I doubt he's got an inside line with anyone of importance in the Rams' decision making. And I doubt even more that those in the know would text Stephen A. Where's the connection not like the guy is tight with them or anything.

The Rams run a tight fucking ship so I just don't buy any of this.

That said I do think the Rams called the Texans when this stuff broke. They had to have called them. Rams are aggressive and have their ears to the ground on shit like this. And I know they'd like to have this guy but chances are some other team will be able to give up more and that's if the Texans even put him on the market.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Stephen A is a bullshitter and I doubt he's got an inside line with anyone of importance in the Rams' decision making. And I doubt even more that those in the know would text Stephen A. Where's the connection not like the guy is tight with them or anything.

That said I do think the Rams called the Texans when this stuff broke. They had to have called them. Rams are aggressive and have their ears to the ground on shit like this. And I know they'd like to have this guy but chances are some other team will be able to give up more and that's if the Texans even put him on the market.

Why would he pull that out of his ass at the very end of a segment? He said a source text him, and he gave specifics... Goff + multiple picks. I dont think he's as plugged in as a lot of people to the Rams org, but I wouldn't say someone as big as Stephen A. doesn't have sources all around the NFL.

It's very unlikely we could pull this off, but Les and McVay both are VERY, VERY aggressive. Especially with trades and in FA when we target someone. I would send Goff + 2 future 1st round picks, and maybe a mid round pick too. Whatever it takes honestly.

And regarding him hitting the market, it's definitely not the NBA... but star players do hold a lot of power. And when he already wants out and has publicly been blasting the org... then you have ex all-pro Texans like Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins going on social media and telling him to hold his ground and get outa there...I would think he gets moved. Also he has a no trade clause and has to approve any trade destination. He's not going to choose a trash franchise or small market. Who wouldn't want to come to LA and play for McVay?

The other part of this is you absolutely dont want him to sign in SF and be paired with Shanahan in our division. That would be TERRIBLE for us. So if we have to pony up a little extra and be light on draft capital for the next few years I'd pull the trigger instantly.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would he pull that out of his ass at the very end of a segment?
Because he's a bullshitter? I mean maybe the dude got a text from a friend giving him shit that he didn't mention the Rams right there at that moment. So what's a bullshitter do? Use it.

And it's a common sense guess too. Of course the Rams probably called the Texans the moment that stuff broke to see what's what. Of course they would trade Goff for him. Of course the Texans would not however there's enough aligned where he can throw it out there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's so Irish. Why would the Texans trade away the better qb and still pay more for the inferior qb? Aren't they trying to win?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would he pull that out of his ass at the very end of a segment? He said a source text him, and he gave specifics... Goff + multiple picks. I dont think he's as plugged in as a lot of people to the Rams org, but I wouldn't say someone as big as Stephen A. doesn't have sources all around the NFL.

It's very unlikely we could pull this off, but Les and McVay both are VERY, VERY aggressive. Especially with trades and in FA when we target someone. I would send Goff + 2 future 1st round picks, and maybe a mid round pick too. Whatever it takes honestly.

And regarding him hitting the market, it's definitely not the NBA... but star players do hold a lot of power. And when he already wants out and has publicly been blasting the org... then you have ex all-pro Texans like Andre Johnson and Deandre Hopkins going on social media and telling him to hold his ground and get outa there...I would think he gets moved. Also he has a no trade clause and has to approve any trade destination. He's not going to choose a trash franchise or small market. Who wouldn't want to come to LA and play for McVay?

The other part of this is you absolutely dont want him to sign in SF and be paired with Shanahan in our division. That would be TERRIBLE for us. So if we have to pony up a little extra and be light on draft capital for the next few years I'd pull the trigger instantly.
Of course he's full of garbage. How about the trade deadline is over for 2020 season and cant make trades until new league year begins? Its beyond ridiculous that the teams would be discussing trades. If Houston were to trade Watson, they'd be in for a haul, so why would they be discussing deals in silence, when putting Watson on open market will increase his value?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

I believe Watson has a no trade clause so even if another team offers more of he doesn't want to go they cant trade him. That's what I think anyway.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Watson has a no trade clause so even if another team offers more of he doesn't want to go they cant trade him. That's what I think anyway.
Now that might make things interesting. :beer2: :biggrin:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!

View: https://youtu.be/HjBlBIhTFfU

Starts at 8:10.

SAS says rams would offer Goff + picks for Watson and claims he got that info from a text just then from a source. Take that for what it’s worth lol

Exactly as I predicted when this broke. Trader Les can and will figure out a way if this is direction the McVay and the franchise feels is the best route for them. Hell look of the grocery list of trades he's done just since McVay has been here. I have zero doubts in my mind he could and would do this trade, or at least talk with Houston about it.