Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheBunk

Rookie
Reports are the star QB is becoming increasingly frustrated with the organization and may be able to be had. For me, we win it all with the guy, so I'd give up whatever it takes (except Donald or Ramsey) to get him. What do y'all think?

TexasRam

Legend
1610114028146.gif

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are the star QB is becoming increasingly frustrated with the organization and may be able to be had. For me, we win it all with the guy, so I'd give up whatever it takes (except Donald or Ramsey) to get him. What do y'all think?
I can’t imagine we can pay Goff and Watson and Ramsay and Donald. This isn’t a simple question of “do you like Watson“ What’s your proposed solution? Are you giving up picks to get rid of goff? And if so what are we trading for Watson?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If possible...hell yeah. But it's not happening unless you do give up an Aaron Donald or Jalen Ramsey. Plus you would have to give up multiple 1st and 2nd round picks for the next few years.

Also, if Houston wants to do this, they want to start from scratch like an expansion team. I don't think it's a smart move, because the Texans were competitive most of the year. You fill in the weaknesses with the picks you do have and FAs.

But, this is literally made up speculation by Mike Foolio. He has no evidence or basis other than "I've heard from league circles." I've compared him before, but Foolio is the Regina George from Mean Girls of the football. Makes up a bullshit rumor out of his lawyer ass and watches the wildfire he created. Screw him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe the Texans want Goff? Lol

I know it's not happening

I've been praying for other things for obvious reasons, but maybe I sneak that one in at the end...Realistically, if they do trade him just don't end up in New England or San Francisco.

Psycho_X

Legend
In a perfect world I'd be very interested to see what McVay can do with Watson as his QB. But it's not logistically feasible by any stretch of the imagination. Both teams have dead cap of over $65 million by cutting ties with either of them this offseason. There's no way that this would happen.

The scary thought that came into my head is it would be possible for the Whiners to do it. If they cut Garappolo or trade him this offseason they actually would gain back $24 million in cap space. Watson only costs $15 mil next season. There is nothing holding back the Whiners from trading for him if they wanted to give up the real estate for it. But again, the Texans would have to eat $67 million in dead cap.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Watson story is a great topic, if it can be discussed outside of a Rams trading for him theme. There's no chance. However, it is amazing to me how disconnected that franchise is to hire a guy whom the star QB is so clearly not interested in working with. And with good reason. They went to the Patriots well already and it was a disaster.
I can see him getting traded, just cant imagine what the comp would be. If I'm the Jets, I'm calling them up for sure. They could offer 3 1st rounders and Darnold if Houston wanted. They have the cap room.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Also of this is true. I would like to see why? Seriously, why? Is this how we operate now. I guess so. I'd swap Goff and 2 more 1st round picks for Watson. No blue font yet considered it. We got a 2nd for Cooks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Good for him but it's not happening. They're struggling to maintain their fanbase after what BoB did to them. The fact that their feeble owner left Eassterby with more power than he should have. I know Watson is pissed because they didn't even request an interview with Bienemy and they told QB1 he'd have input in the GM and HC choices and ended up giving him none but I can't see them trading him. There will be as big of a fan revolt in Houston as their is in Cleveland with the baseball fans right now.

And for the record I'm a huge Watson fan.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If the Rams had waited one more year to get their QB, they would've been sitting at 5 and had their pick of either Watson or Mahomes.

That's as close as they'll ever come to getting those guys.

Rather hope the QB we do have comes back and has a career year in 2021. That's our best case scenario.

Ellard80

Legend
I don't see him getting traded.. but it would likely have to be a team with a lot of draft picks - which isn't us.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Man the fall of the Texans when they seemed so on the rise has been hard to watch, no schadenfreude for me. Watson would be an amazing upgrade for us but we all know that it simply isn't possible and that the Texans would be complete morons to unload a franchise QB when they haven't fallen all that far yet.