Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So yeah, getting Deshaun would absolutely be worth those draft picks.
Of course, and a team that has them will be in a great place to trade for him. I could see Matt Ryan getting traded to New England for possibly a first rounder, at least a high 2nd, and that can be parlayed with the #4 overall (and more) to get Watson, and bring the Georgia boy home
The Dolphins and Jets both have multiple 1st rounders in 2021 that can be used for bait, Dolphins of course would be giving up on Tua.
Rounding out the top 10, Detroit, Carolina, possibly Denver and the Cowboys would all be decent landing spots, although might be too far out to land one of the top QB prospect in 2021, they would surely have to have quite a package to go with.
I agree on the 1st round picks, we are living it first hand with Jalen Ramsey. And if you have a chance for a proven franchise QB? Chances like this dont come around often

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watson is holding a gun to the head of the Texans and the clock is ticking. Therefore, it comes down to simply only two things.
We don't even know whether Watson still wants to be traded. Ownership has said he is part of the head coach search since all that went down.

Also I don't know that he would have had much to offer in the GM hire he whined about so I view that as maybe he was getting the owner's attention with his reaction and it worked.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Looks that way right now. But I haven't heard anything concrete from him since the owner came out and said he'd be part of the coaching hire.

IMO whether they move him might be more about whether they think they're a few years out i.e. needing a rebuild. Haven't looked too deep at their roster they have some guys I'd be trading right now but not sure I'd trade Watson if I'm them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks that way right now. But I haven't heard anything concrete from him since the owner came out and said he'd be part of the coaching hire.

IMO whether they move him might be more about whether they think they're a few years out i.e. needing a rebuild. Haven't looked too deep at their roster they have some guys I'd be trading right now but not sure I'd trade Watson if I'm them.
That tweet was pretty concrete coming on the heels of reports saying he felt that they patronized him by reaching out to Bienemy
If he wasn’t as angry as being reported, he would make a public statement. This issue isn’t doing their coaching search any favors.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't profess to know what either side thinks at this point. But sounds like you got it all figured out hope you're right man because he's a nice option. (y)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't profess to know what either side thinks at this point. But sounds like you got it all figured out hope you're right man because he's a nice option. (y)
Well, he’s a great option for many teams. Rams though aren’t one of them. I’m a huge fan of the guy and hope he ends up in a good (AFC) sitch. But there’s as much chance of trading for Mahomes as there is trading for Watson

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he’s a great option for many teams. Rams though aren’t one of them. I’m a huge fan of the guy and hope he ends up in a good (AFC) sitch. But there’s as much chance of trading for Mahomes as there is trading for Watson
I guess you know better than me here too. Because I would not rule the Rams out just yet. Mahomes isn't on the trade block. We definitely couldn't afford him. But with Watson who knows, and that's assuming he's really on the block and again we'll see. Cheers man.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Jets are easily the best trade partner for Houston. They have tons of draft compensation and the #2 pick. Zach Wilson, the QB I'm projecting to go #2, reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. If I have to trade Watson, Zach Wilson is a damn good consolation.
Agreed. I like Wilson so much in fact I would just take him at 2. Seems like that's the way to go for them since they have some roster building to do.

TexasRam

Legend
I would think if I am Watson I would highly consider that I could go in to an immediate winning situation with the Rams.

I don’t see how he would even consider the Jets if the Rams were in the conversation.

Bearrister

Rookie
I would think if I am Watson I would highly consider that I could go in to an immediate winning situation with the Rams.

I don’t see how he would even consider the Jets if the Rams were in the conversation.

True, but apparently he really likes Saleh. But it is potentially telling that the Rams haven’t been mentioned at this point.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He only became interested in the jets after they hired their new coach. If they hire a coach he likes, he will probably stay.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
If - IF - a high priced quarterback was even an option for this team, Stafford would be the better fit for them.

But it's all a moot point, anyways, because this team is married to Goff for at least another 2 years, whether they like it or not. Downside to giving that giant ass contract 2 years early.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
And people think we could get off lighter than this trading for Watson.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Cool, the Watson talk is over, he's almost certainly gonna be a Jet (Rich Eisen will be THRILLED) and I can be happy that he won't be in a 9er uni.

I'm VERY good with Goff moving forward as I expect that McVay will be very clear going forward not only what the expectations are, but how to aid Goff in getting there.

I also expect the OL to be a main focus of improvement while the FO looks to keep the defense stocked with talent.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
True, but apparently he really likes Saleh. But it is potentially telling that the Rams haven’t been mentioned at this point.

What does that mean?

Do you think they were never interested or that it's being kept on the DL?

I know what I think, but I want to understand what you mean.

Bearrister

Rookie
What does that mean?

Do you think they were never interested or that it's being kept on the DL?

I know what I think, but I want to understand what you mean.

To me it means one of a few scenarios, all of which assume the Rams reached out to the Texans (which I believe they have) - 1) Watson isn’t interested in the Rams, at least not over the Jets or the Dolphins, 2) Watson’s camp views the Rams trade scenario as so unlikely that they haven’t bothered considering this possibility, and/or 3) the Texans aren’t seriously considering anything the Rams offered at this point.

Either way, it further illustrates that Watson to the Rams is incredibly unlikely.