Denver cuts Kyle Orton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_19391873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_19391873</a>

Everybody is thinking it...

How much sense would it make to sign this guy to a 2 year deal? I realize it's not going to happen now that the Bears are in desperate need of a starter. But man. THAT is the guy you want as a backup, and the guy you want in Bradford's ear during the game.

No offense to Feeley, but this would be a WAY better fit.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Why would he want to be a backup? Unless he excepts he's nothing but a backup, I'd bet he want to start. I.E. Bears (lol), Chiefs, Texans, Colts, Redskins, etc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
Why would he want to be a backup? Unless he excepts he's nothing but a backup, I'd bet he want to start. I.E. Bears (lol), Chiefs, Texans, Colts, Redskins, etc.
Well, he's a backup to Tebow right now. And he'd be reunited with McDaniels. With the possibility to take over *his* offense. I agree that he'd probably want to be a starter, and there's a real need for one right now, so that's why I said it's not going to happen. I'm just fantasizing about the perfect fit it would be here. Can't be done though. Feeley is due money, and cutting him would cost the Rams. In a perfect world, Orton is available before the season starts. But...... ah well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Angry Ram said:
Well, he's a backup to Tebow right now. And he'd be reunited with McDaniels. With the possibility to take over *his* offense. I agree that he'd probably want to be a starter, and there's a real need for one right now, so that's why I said it's not going to happen. I'm just fantasizing about the perfect fit it would be here. Can't be done though. Feeley is due money, and cutting him would cost the Rams. In a perfect world, Orton is available before the season starts. But...... ah well.
It would be a good fit, except for the fact that Orton was probably cut, because he wants to be a starter. I'm pretty sure that some team will pick him up right away though, like Indy, or possibly the Bears.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:
It would be a good fit, except for the fact that Orton was probably cut, because he wants to be a starter. I'm pretty sure that some team will pick him up right away though, like Indy, or possibly the Bears.
It was widely accepted that Denver was just the stupidest organization around. First they cut Marshall, then they draft Tebow, then they drop Lloyd, now they drop Orton... and yet.... they're winning. What the hell?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:
It was widely accepted that Denver was just the stupidest organization around. First they cut Marshall, then they draft Tebow, then they drop Lloyd, now they drop Orton... and yet.... they're winning. What the hell?
The new coaches are obviously doing a pretty good job game planning. Thew defense is much improved, or they wouldn't be winning at all, at their schedule is pretty weak. Then there's the hope and promise that Tebow brings every week...

tim-tebow-tebowing.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Maybe we sign him for the rest of the year to START in STL? He knows the O and Bradford may need a rescue from the rest of this season. Maybe you get good production from the guy and save your future QB from getting rocked the rest of the season. Next season, you could have a healthy QB competition, if not in name only, to push Bradford a bit. Why not?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Claiming him would be a unmitigated disaster.
Think there's some pissing and moaning about the team now just wait if gets in a game and lights it up like he did in Den. Sure lets have a QB controversy now, why not. Bradford no matter what is the QB for 3 more years at least. If the Rams were a playoff team sure great move.

What the Rams need is to develop a quality long term backup like Thad Lewis. Oh wait......Nevermind.

Anonymous

Yamahopper said:
Think there's some pissing and moaning about the team now just wait if gets in a game and lights it up like he did in Den. Sure lets have a QB controversy now, why not. Bradford no matter what is the QB for 3 more years at least. If the Rams were a playoff team sure great move.

What the Rams need is to develop a quality long term backup like Thad Lewis. Oh wait......Nevermind.

Exactly. SB is the starter until our O line gets him on IR. Then we'll start Feeley who was well studied in the Shurmur offense....that is now in Cleveland....as is the most promising backup QB
talent in Lewis. You see the plan, right? Can you see it!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:

That's fair. I didn't even think about that angle. I was just concentrating on what he could bring to the table as a backup. If he had to go in due to a Bradford injury, there's no question he would at least be familiar with the game plan AND the #1 receiver. Everything good could come of that - which of course would lead to nothing but bad.

Anonymous

X said:
Everything good could come of that - which of course would lead to nothing but bad.

You stole that quote from my mother-in-law. :sly:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
X said:
Yamahopper said:

That's fair. I didn't even think about that angle. I was just concentrating on what he could bring to the table as a backup. If he had to go in due to a Bradford injury, there's no question he would at least be familiar with the game plan AND the #1 receiver. Everything good could come of that - which of course would lead to nothing but bad.

To be fair myself there was a voice in my head saying " Grab him now!!!! Play him this week and see if we can put up more points and win a damn game. He wins and puts up TD's then he keeps the job. Bradford don't like it....Then beat him out. I'm old school and wins is all that matters. But this would be a nightmare for the public and the locker room.
Bad idea.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
X said:
Yamahopper said:

To be fair myself there was a voice in my head saying " Grab him now!!!! Play him this week and see if we can put up more points and win a damn game. He wins and puts up TD's then he keeps the job. Bradford don't like it....Then beat him out. I'm old school and wins is all that matters. But this would be a nightmare for the public and the locker room.
Bad idea.
This is going to irk some people, but I don't care if Bradford has to lose, and then beat out Orton for a job. How long did Aaron Rodgers sit on the bench behind Favre? NO - that's not a comparison of Favre and Orton. The financial implications alone would be nightmarish though. Can't have tens of millions holding a clip board. As would the public perception of Bradford sitting on the bench. It's tantamount to GM suicide to do that. But still. In theory, it's a perfect situation (for 2 years).