Definitely moving to MN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I want to thank everyone who posted in my "thinking of moving" thread.

Just got back last night from my second trip to Minneapolis (Yesterday was my 28th Wedding Anniversary!!!) and now that the wife and my youngest are all in, I'm stoked to get started and really do what has to be done in order to move.

We had an amazing trip, even though it was only basically two days.

Thursday, it was PERFECT fall weather, between 58 degrees and about 40. I didn't even need to put on a jacket and only put on my sweatshirt hoodie when it started to steadily sprinkle. I didn't want to catch cold going into and out of warm/cold with a wet long sleeve shirt.

Friday was the first snow of the year and it was truly picturesque. Temps got down to about 28 and I was fine in my sweatshirt and I had a shell to keep out the snow/wind. Even my youngest who's petite and gets cold super easily was fine.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the drivers in MN. They actually make room for other drivers, use their turn signals (mostly) and don't tailgate. Drove for 7 days total for about 800 miles and didn't see one accident. We saw multiple accidents our first day in FL and I can't remember a time when we had to drive 30 mins we didn't see at least one fender bender.

Coming back to Florida, that steamy humidity that seems to be ever present put me into a bad funk. Can't stand the humidity anymore. Like plenty of the people, but Minny's gonna be home soon enough.

And no worries, brothers... RAMS NOW! RAMS FOREVER!!!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
just remember , one day in the Fall at 28 degrees is a little different then 30 days in January at -28 below..........LOL

:sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You can thank me for suggesting Minny haha.

It's the BEST cold weather city in the Great Lakes region, no other city is even in the conversation and that includes Chicago.

And it's the runner up to the fat white people center of the universe behind Milwaukee.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Gonna be in MN for the Rams game in a few weeks. Looking fwd to it. Been to Minny 4-5 times in my lfe and always enjoyed it.....although every trip prior was between June and September, haha.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
73b8c5583c6596068a4973d9f0734cf3.jpg

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:cheers::cheers:

It’s probably weird and because I don’t drink, but I actually like the pic on the left better...

You can have mine! :cheers:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You're gonna be the only NON-drinker in MN my Brudda.

Good Luck to you and yours on the move.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Mac. I almost forgot.

Not sure if you know about this, but you better make this happen as soon as you get up there. This is coming from MN's King... not Prince.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good luck on the move and regardless of what you may have heard, NO I don’t have a truck.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
My wife grew up in Minnetonka. We head to Minnesota almost once a year for our kids to see their grandma and cousins. Minneapolis is a cool place. If/when Oil takes a final shit in Alaska, that place is on our short list.

Hope the transition goes well. Best of luck on the move.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Some of my favorite memories were from Bloomington, MN winters as a kid. Enjoy @Mackeyser

Best to your family in this chapter of life.

We’re looking just south of Bloomington in Lakeville mostly. Love that area.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You're gonna be the only NON-drinker in MN my Brudda.

Good Luck to you and yours on the move.

Yeah, the two things these Scandanivian folks do is drink buckets of coffee and beer.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Florida blows chunks, and that's why I moved to Asheville. But don't you wanna try a couple of weeks up there in the winter first? We visited up here during all 4 seasons before we decided to move. The winter was rough even here in the mountains of N.C. It snowed, it was about 20 degrees, and windy as hell. That's a mild day in Minnesota in Jan/Feb though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Florida blows chunks, and that's why I moved to Asheville. But don't you wanna try a couple of weeks up there in the winter first? We visited up here during all 4 seasons before we decided to move. The winter was rough even here in the mountains of N.C. It snowed, it was about 20 degrees, and windy as hell. That's a mild day in Minnesota in Jan/Feb though.

Pussy.

I grew up where the wind and snow could peel off the first layer of skin.

I live in Florida now.

Meh.