DeAndre Hopkins considering retirement after recent NFL news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

DeAndre Hopkins considering retirement after recent NFL news​

by Adam Patrick18 hours ago Follow @Str8_Cash_Homey

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is questioning his future in the NFL after some new rules were announced on Thursday.

In his first season with the Arizona Cardinals last year, DeAndre Hopkins was basically everything the team was hoping for when they made a trade with the Houston Texans to acquire him.

Hopkins appeared in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, finishing with 115 catches for 1,407 yards and six touchdowns.

Arizona was hoping to see more of the same from their top wide receiver during the upcoming season. But now, Hopkins playing for the Cardinals this year might not happen.

Tweet from DeAndre Hopkins places his future with the Arizona Cardinals in doubt​

On Thursday, the NFL introduced some new rules that could potentially have a significant impact around the league during the upcoming season.

Teams that have a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players during the regular season could now be forced to forfeit games if any impacted matchups are unable to be rescheduled. If a game is canceled next season due to a COVID-19 outbreak, no players from either team in the matchup will receive a game check.

After finding this news out, Hopkins then posted the following on his Twitter account.

v8tCjQq.png

Hopkins actually ended up deleting the above tweet shortly after posting it. So maybe he’s no longer thinking about sitting out of the 2021 season?

Either way, Hopkins doesn’t sound too thrilled about the new rules put in place by the NFL on Thursday.

If he doesn’t play this year, it would be a tremendous blow to the Cardinals’ chances of getting into the playoffs for the first time since 2015. Arizona’s passing attack would obviously suffer greatly without their No. 1 receiver out on the field.

We will likely find out more about what Hopkins plans to do for the upcoming season in the near future. But until then, Cardinals fans will be anxiously awaiting his decision.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL Cardinals being Cardinals. Between this and Kiem's continual poor drafting and weird decisions.
The Cards are on pace for the Basement again

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A vaccine so safe we're being coerced to take it for a disease so deadly we have to take a test to know if we have it!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
He's full of it, he doesn't have the balls to retire. Just trying to stir up shit.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Enjoyed this comment at the bottom of the article.

"Don't blame him, though I think he just wants out of the NFC West.
If he stays in the west he knows he will be embarrassed twice a year.

The daily washing of pee pee sheets from the Jalen
nightmares is taking a toll on the "super divas" mental health"

*****************************************************************************************************************
Those pesky Ram fans lol.

dang

Legend
He's full of it, he doesn't have the balls to retire. Just trying to stir up shit.
I call bullshit as well. I respect anyone who chooses not to continue playing in the NFL based on their individual principals but I guarantee you the $$$ will make Hopkins rethink.

Ram65

Legend
Teams that have a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players during the regular season could now be forced to forfeit games if any impacted matchups are unable to be rescheduled. If a game is canceled next season due to a COVID-19 outbreak, no players from either team in the matchup will receive a game check.

Just do the same thing as last year NFL.

I don't see Hopkins missing all 17 paychecks.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would support any player who makes that personal choice. That said, my broke ass would let you inject some pretty shady shit into me if you pay me what he's getting paid.

I mean, when the zombie apocalypse happens, I won't KNOW im a zombie...right?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wonder if he's worried about all the roids and hgh that gets pumped into his body?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
DeAndre was working on an experiment to spread COVID through smearing poop in hotel rooms. Has to be a disappointing world he lives in.

Status
Not open for further replies.