DAYTONA 500

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Anybody going? My sister is coming down with friends from Virginia so I'm going to meet them down there. Anybody else crazy enough to brave Speed Week in Daytona? If so, give me a holler and we can knock back a few cold brew!!!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Anybody going? My sister is coming down with friends from Virginia so I'm going to meet them down there. Anybody else crazy enough to brave Speed Week in Daytona? If so, give me a holler and we can knock back a few cold brew!!!!!

I've been to 2 in my life.

The 1st time... I was in the infield and simply could not believe the complete insanity that happens in there. Completely insane. I partied like a rockstar... and I could clearly hear the loud engines blasting around the track. Didn't watch more than maybe 5 minutes of the actual race though. LOL

The 2nd time... I had pit passes. I don't think you can even get these anymore because it really wasn't safe. If they have pit passes now, I am sure they were nothing like what I had back then (late 80's or early 90's). I was literally right there in the mix of the pit stops. Very cool. It was the race were Reagan said "Gentleman, Start Your Engines" from Airforce 1 as it landed right behind the track at the Daytona Beach Airport. I had some "connections" because of that,,, and it's how I got those passes.

That was it for me though Bo. I know what a big deal that race is... and it's way more than just a race (especially in the infield). You guys have a great time Brudda!