Darren McFadden signs with Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Jerrah's mind has finally turned into total mush...How do you let Murray walk and sign McFadden...Might as well go without a RB...Maybe anybody could run behind their line, but not close to the way Murray did...Saved a boatload of money and lost a boatload of yards...Not a trade off I would like...

Athos

Legend
That's a steep downgrade. McFadden sucks.

Mizzou actually showed how to stop that guy. And NFL teams apparently followed suit.

jjab360

Legend
McFadden is just as talented as Murray and they're both injury prone, Mcfadden just moreso. That Cowboys O-line is ridiculous, I think they've got the right idea here. Still need to draft someone, though. MGIII or Gurley (if healthy) could put up 1,300 or more yards as a rookie imo.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Just read that 'Boyz fans are burning Murray jerseys...Perhaps their ire should be directed at the guy who REALLY made that decision...Murray is gone because Jones didn't want to pay him...There is no other reason...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McFadden is just as talented as Murray and they're both injury prone, Mcfadden just moreso. That Cowboys O-line is ridiculous, I think they've got the right idea here. Still need to draft someone, though. MGIII or Gurley (if healthy) could put up 1,300 or more yards as a rookie imo.
What he said

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
Wow, didn't see this coming. I liked DMC when he came out of Arkansas. Injuries really hurt his career

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jerrah lost the staring contest with Murray and Kelly pulled a nice sniper move by stealing his division rival stud RB. Cool poker game going on here. Although I'm having a hard time understanding where Philly is coming up with all this money. McFadden can be lights out but those skinny legs. It seems like he's injured more than healthy. Huge downgrade for the boys here.

JRobinson

MiLB
He's probably just insurance I'd imagine. Although he could be the guy they want to run. I think it's a decent signing on their behalf.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nailed it!

Athos

Legend
I don't see McFadden putting anywhere close to the production Murray did. DMF had a lot of tread on his wheels coming out of college, lots of injuries, and has a grand total of one good year in the NFL. Every year he mostly averages under 4 yards a carry and his 20+ runs are mediocre outside of one year.

That said, even a on move back like DMF could find breathing room behind that o-line. Cowgirlies would probably be wise to take Gordon or Gurley though.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Chris Duncan needs to refrain from talking football on the radio.

He called McFadden...durable.