Darnell Dockett to the 49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AdamSchefter: Former Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett expected to decide today between 49ers and Cardinals, though Rams and Seahawks also interested.

--------

Think the Rams are interested for real? Or just kicking the tires to make sure the price is high enough?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
@AdamSchefter: Former Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett expected to decide today between 49ers and Cardinals, though Rams and Seahawks also interested.

--------

Think the Rams are interested for real? Or just kicking the tires to make sure the price is high enough?

Whole NFC West interested. That's funny.

We're probably interested, we only have Brockers and Donald on the roster as DT depth.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
All four NFC West teams in on Darnell Dockett
2800.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams are all interested in free agent DT Darnell Dockett.

Dockett, 34 in May, is leaning toward joining the 49ers or returning to the Cardinals, and is expected to make a decision Wednesday. The Cardinals offered Dockett $2.5 million plus another $1.5 million in incentives before cutting him last week, so that may be the top of his market. Arizona may also be the only team of the four where he'd start. Dockett would be a rotational lineman for the others.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 4 - 8:23 AM

BuZzB33

UDFA
Name
BuZzb33
Hey. We should sign CB Byron Maxwell from Seahawks. . We need a defense coverage. . Give us better a defense then must sign Maxwell!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams have had conversations w/agent for former Arizona DT Darnell Dockett. - Jim Thomas

Whatever team Im on, we will WIN!!!!....... That's all I know. That's all I think about. "I love you all" - Darnell Dockett

I wish we had a more clear QB situation - it would be a lot easier to lure the free agents who are just looking for a shot at a ring. Still, if he is looking to sign with a winner, why are the 49ers on his list? That window feels like it is closing fast.

RamBill

Legend
Rams show interest in Darnell Dockett
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/16731/rams-show-interest-in-darnell-dockett

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- There's a battle brewing for the services of defensive lineman Darnell Dockett in the NFC West division.

According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, all four teams, including the St. Louis Rams have showed interest in the recently released Arizona Cardinal.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Former Cardinals DT Darnell Dockett expected to decide today between 49ers and Cardinals, though Rams and Seahawks also interested.

Schefter's report makes clear that Dockett is going to decide soon and all signs point to that decision coming down to a return to Arizona or a move to San Francisco to play for the 49ers. The Seattle Seahawks and the Rams have apparently "shown interest" in Dockett but that interest hasn't manifested into any sort of visits.

Dockett paid a visit to San Francisco on Monday night with the Niners' interest coming in part because of the uncertain future of defensive lineman Justin Smith. Arizona released Dockett in order to save $6.8 million in salary-cap space but did so with hopes of bringing him back at a reduced cost.

In 158 games with the Cardinals, the 6-foot-4, 293-pound Dockett had 459 tackles, 40.5 sacks and four interceptions. The 33-year old Dockett missed all of last season with an ACL injury but had been extremely durable before that, missing only two games in the previous 10 years.

Even though it sounds unlikely that the Rams will be major players in the Dockett sweepstakes, that they have some interest in Dockett should be telling for what they are looking for on their defensive line.

The Rams released defensive tackle Kendall Langford last week in a cost-cutting move and though they left the door open for Langford's return, he has begun taking free-agent visits in search of a starting job. Langford wrapped up a visit to Detroit and is scheduled to head to New York to meet with the Jets before a stop in New Orleans.

Sans Langford, the Rams are down to just two defensive tackles -- Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers -- under contract for 2015. Much like last year, it means the Rams will again be scouring the free-agent market for depth. In 2014, that resulted in the addition of Alex Carrington, who didn't offer much in his one season with the team.

An older veteran like Dockett would make sense for what the Rams need because whoever they bring in will probably only be needed for 25 or so snaps a game. Although it appears the Rams aren't going to be Dockett's destination, the Rams' potential interest should be instructive in the types of defensive tackles the team will be vetting as free agency begins.

ram007

Starter
Hey. We should sign CB Byron Maxwell from Seahawks. . We need a defense coverage. . Give us better a defense then must sign Maxwell!

+1

Rams should Sign a FA DT at veteran minimum. Sign Maxwell since Rams secondary is not a position of strength.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All four NFC West teams in on Darnell Dockett
2800.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, and Rams are all interested in free agent DT Darnell Dockett.

Dockett, 34 in May, is leaning toward joining the 49ers or returning to the Cardinals, and is expected to make a decision Wednesday. The Cardinals offered Dockett $2.5 million plus another $1.5 million in incentives before cutting him last week, so that may be the top of his market. Arizona may also be the only team of the four where he'd start. Dockett would be a rotational lineman for the others.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 4 - 8:23 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, But if we save 6 million by cutting Langford, and turn around and pay Dockett 4 million, we are still 2 million ahead and have a Better DT!?!(y)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Love his talent...not a fan of his age...hate his personality.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He isn't going to the Lou. Gonna be SF I fear....

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
FYI he and CLong have been working out together this off season, just following their Instagram accounts. Maybe Chris is making a pitch for him to come play under Williams? Id love a guy with his energy and attitude on the team. It'd be good for our youngin's to have another veteran leader to look up to.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Really? I think his personality is his biggest asset. What is there to hate?
In the midst of all the Ferguson talk of injustice you have Darnell Dockett live tweeting his actions of making a mockery of perfroming jury duty. He made it very apparent that he feels entitled and above civic duty. He's had a few other jackass twitter moments as well if memory serves me right.

I keep things relative to football but at the same time some distasteful things are enough for me.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In the midst of all the Ferguson talk of injustice you have Darnell Dockett live tweeting his actions of making a mockery of perfroming jury duty. He made it very apparent that he feels entitled and above civic duty. He's had a few other jackass twitter moments as well if memory serves me right.

I keep things relative to football but at the same time some distasteful things are enough for me.

I absolutely loved his jury duty tweets. I guess its a love it or hate it kind of thing - works that way with guys with big personalities, I spose.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I absolutely loved his jury duty tweets. I guess its a love it or hate it kind of thing - works that way with guys with big personalities, I spose.

I found it very insulting as someone that has had to go through the jury duty process. I found it inappropriate given that the African-American community were arguing that they get unfair treatment in the justice system and here is an African-American that has the opportunity to be a part of the justice system making a joke out of it.

No big deal to you, fine with me...I don't like it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@MikeGarafolo: Darnell Dockett to the Niners, per @RosenhausSports