Daily Dose: Noteboom, Kiser Projected as Two of Top 100 Rookies in 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This offseason, theRams.com will be taking a look around the internet for the top Rams headlines of the day. Here’s a look at what’s out there for Monday, May 7th about your Los Angeles Rams:

Projecting Top 100 NFL Rookies of 2018:

With the onset of rookie minicamps and offseason workouts, the players selected in the 2018 NFL Draft are finally getting acquainted with their new clubs and hoping to make their presence felt right away.

As these former prospects transition to the next level, the NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread is breaking down which rookies he believes will make the biggest impact in Year One. His top 100 list included two of the Rams latest additions, who came in at No. 80 and No. 87.

No. 80 — Micah Kiser, LB, Rams

No. 87 — Joseph Noteboom, OT, Rams

Los Angeles Rams Depth Chart: Six new starters on defense

Free agency and the 2018 NFL Draft have come and past and moving forward, OTA’s and minicamps will begin to take place around the league. And as we get closer to the regular season, ESPN.com is analyzing the depth charts for all 32 teams.

Here’s a preview of the depth chart for the Rams — as broken down by Alden Gonzalez — beginning with offense:

OFFENSE

Quarterback (3): Jared Goff, Sean Mannion, Brandon Allen

The Rams need to find out a little bit more about Mannion, a third-round pick in 2015 who has thrown 50 regular-season passes in the NFL. Mannion can be an unrestricted free agent next offseason. Do the Rams like him as a long-term backup for Goff?

Running back (3): Todd Gurley, Malcolm Brown, John Kelly

Among running backs, only Le'Veon Bell took more snaps than Gurley last season. There isn't a whole lot of room for others to step on the field here, but Kelly, who was just taken in the sixth round out of Tennessee, has a chance to carve out a role as a pass-catching running back.

Wide receiver (5): Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Mike Thomas

No team ran more three-receiver sets than the Rams last season. Given the Cooks addition, that probably won't change in 2019. Coach Sean McVay loves his starting trio of wide receivers. Reynolds and Thomas profile as deep threats, but they're still developing.

This Weekend in Rams Social Media

This weekend, Rams left tackle Andrew Whitworth posted an adorable video of his son Drew punting the football. In the tweet, Whitworth tagged his teammate Johnny Hekker saying, “Drew is calling you out!” to which the punter responded, “That’s a bomb! The kid has the genes to be an all time great.”

[www.therams.com]

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I love Hekkers attitude. Always uplifting. Great sense of humor.

Is there another player you can think of that gets more from his NFL experience?

He leaves it all on the field....usually inside the five-yard-line.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The only way Noteboom could be an impact rookie as if we have an injury at tackle.
So I'll pass this year on Noteboom being an impact rookie.

As far as Micah Kiser?
I'm a hundred percent on board with him being an impact rookie. :D
PLEASE!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
The only way Noteboom could be an impact rookie as if we have an injury at tackle.

As far as Micah Kiser?
I'm a hundred percent on board with him being an impact rookie. :D
PLEASE!

I agree. I could live with Allen beating out Sully and being impact. But Noteboom? Maybe next year.

I’ll take Kiser and Obo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
These guys don't use their heads when they write these draft reviews. Goodhead doesn't know the Rams needs. If he did then he would have chosen an OLB and mlb as the impact rookies just as Farr and Soul have alluded to.

Chase probably is just regurgitating someone's pre draft top 100 lists.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I could live with Allen beating out Sully and being impact.
John Sullivan played at a borderline Pro Bowl level last year so that would be a huge surprise.
Not to mention they don't want to lose what John Sullivan did for the confidence of Goff and the line calls he can/may make.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I agree. I could live with Allen beating out Sully and being impact. But Noteboom? Maybe next year.

I’ll take Kiser and Obo.

Noteboom needs to muscle up more in his first NFL off-season or he will be bull-rushed to death by NFL DE's.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah reading that I was like "pass me that bong Chase." Basically if Noteboom even sees playing time it's a bad thing.

Oko, meanwhile, will almost certainly be sliding into Quinn's spot. So he's a far better bet for year one impact. These media types man.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
John Sullivan played at a borderline Pro Bowl level last year so that would be a huge surprise.
Not to mention they don't want to lose what John Sullivan did for the confidence of Goff and the line calls he can/may make.
I agree. I should have elaborated. I’m in no hurry to have the young guns take over. If we get one or two more good years from Whit and Sully I will be tickled pink. :X3: :cautious:

It’s just if one of the two happened, I would choose the seemingly more now-ready center Allen. Best case scenario, we keep the same starting five all year. (y)

Last edited: