Cowboys Hire Mike McCarthy...Wow that was fast

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Can't understand why anyone would want to coach that team with Jerry there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Can't understand why anyone would want to coach that team with Jerry there.

Oh IDK, there is talent there and a passionate fan base, Jones does not make it easy, but there are worst places.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Hope cowboy fans are prepared for more underachieving. How does a new coach outperform McCarthy with less talent around Rogers? My mind is boggled.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Excellent hire. Think he is a top HC !! Hate that The Rams play the Cowboys again !!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hope cowboy fans are prepared for more underachieving. How does a new coach outperform McCarthy with less talent around Rogers? My mind is boggled.

I disagree from an offensive standpoint. If Nolan is the DC he brings HC experience with him as well.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Eh. We shall see. He was ok with the pack but ended up burning out and I really dont think he has a great eye for talent. Esp with Jones micromanaging, I dont think this last long

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I disagree from an offensive standpoint. If Nolan is the DC he brings HC experience with him as well.

Yes he does, albeit bad experience...18-37 also my issue with Nolan is last time he was Defensive Coordinator was with the Atlanta Falcons 2012-2014 and not great results. Maybe he has learned under Dennis Allen, however, the one Assistant that Payton won't let go is Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn and I would not be shocked if after this loss, Payton fires Allen and promotes Glenn to DC.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BTW if the New York Giants end up with Baylor Head Coach Matt Rhule, they would have easily won the coaching derby as this guy can flat out coach and he won at difficult colleges in Temple & Baylor after the Art Briles fiasco.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I wonder what it's like staying at Jeruh's house overnight in that situation. Fascinating.

It could be anything... totally bugged rooms to sipping expensive scotch while having strippers dance in the livingroom area. It really could be almost anything. LOL

I wonder what the room was like that he was told to sleep in.

My imagination is running wild here.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It could be anything... totally bugged rooms to sipping expensive scotch while having strippers dance in the livingroom area. It really could be almost anything. LOL

I wonder what the room was like that he was told to sleep in.

My imagination is running wild here.

It's like the Lincoln Bedroom in the White house during the Kennedy Adminstartion (Strippers & Scotch) and the Nixon Administration (bugged rooms).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had Aaron Rodgers all of those years and won one Super Bowl....I think Jerrah will go to the grave, waiting for McCarthy to win him a Super Bowl with Dak.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Interesting. I read in an article that Marvin Lewis could be the DC. I think McCarthy makes the Cowboys a yearly playoff team.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You're right. I misread the article. Lewis was a potential HC candidate. Sorry about that.

No worries, I actually thought the interview was for a future staff hire, but because McCarthy was hired so quickly, it was the minority interview to adhere to the Rooney rule.