Counting Down- Jersey #52

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We will start today with ' The Hero!' who saved the Super Bowl Win for the GSOT! LB Mike Jones:

Jones6.jpg

Jones 2.jpg

Jones3.jpg

Just in case There's anyone out their that doesn't remember "The Tackle!":LOL::D

Jones1.jpg

Mike Played for us for 4Seasons,and he started all 64 games
Jones4.jpg

He had & Int's in his career, two for Td's
Jones5.jpg
Jones7.jpg
Jones8.jpg

Mike Played in 4 Play-Off Games, And for one Special Day he was our Hero!!

( I'm going to be jumping around today, back and forth between decades, so there's no order!)

Next LB - George Andrews:
George%20Andrews1.jpg

George%20Andrews.jpg

AndrewsGeorgeR1RamTB.jpg

he played for us 6 Seasons from 1978-84, And Played for us in SB XXIV against the Steelers, I couldn't find any pictures of that though!

Next Up LB - Tommy Polley:

Polley1.jpg
Tommy Played for us from 2001-04

Polley2.jpg

He Played in 6 play-off games, and had 3 Int's in them, 1 for a TD!

Polley3.jpg
Polley4.jpg

Polley5.jpg

I have no clue why he didn't play Longer for us!
Polley7.jpg
PolleyStL.jpg

He was pretty Good!

Next man up, LB Larry Kelm:

Kelm1.jpg
Kelm6.jpg

Larry Played for us 6 seasons from 1987-92

kelm.jpg
He played in 4 play-off games

Larry Kelm1.jpg

Kelm4.jpg
Kelm3.jpg

He knew how to wrap a guy up!

Time to pause and Re Load! ( LOTS more to come!!)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok! I Only have * more Players for you today!:LOL: So ... Next, LB - Rick Kay:
Kay1.jpg

He Played for the Rams from 1973-77, some Great Years!
This^ is the Only Pic I could find of him, does anyone have more!?

Next LB John Pergine:

Pergine1.jpg

He Played 4 seasons with the Rams
From 1969-72, so he was Playing with some Great Rams!!

Pergine2.jpg

Sorry about this^ pic quality, it the best I have of him!

Next Up, LB Dexter Coakley:
A name you probably remember

Coakley1.jpg
He Played here from 2005-06

He came here after playing 8 years for the Cowboys, and wasn't worth the Hire! IMHO

Next up LB Chris Draft:

Draft1.jpg

draft.jpg

He played for us for two seasons but I have no special memories of him ( He Played for 7 teams in the League!)

I have to pause, be right back!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Last two players!( For Today!)
OLB Jabara Williams:

jabara-williams.jpg

Williams3.jpg

Williams2.jpg

Williams1.jpg

Other than these photos I have no special memories of him, How about you!?

And Finally, Our Current Big Guy!
LB Alec Ogletree:

alec-ogletree2.jpg

Alec+Ogletree4.jpg

Alec-Ogletree3.jpg

Ogletree2.jpg

Ogletree1.jpg

I think Alec has been playing real well for us, But I don't think he had his " Break-Out Year " YET!!
I think that comes this year!

Well I think I've covered all the Bases today! Who have I forgotten!?
Did I bring back any memories, good or Bad!? Comments!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
George Andrews
AndrewsGeorgeR1RamTB.jpg

Polley want a cracker?
01-21-rams.jpg

Larry Kelm
la209.jpg

Joe Kelly
147123651-linebacker-joe-kelly-of-the-los-angeles-rams-gettyimages.jpg

Bill Swain
015a10ed92cf6a178d75363c4a6c9c79f506b224.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok! I Only have * more Players for you today!:LOL: So ... Next, LB - Rick Kay:
View attachment 8203
He Played for the Rams from 1973-77, some Great Years!
This^ is the Only Pic I could find of him, does anyone have more!?

Next LB John Pergine:

View attachment 8204

He Played 4 seasons with the Rams
From 1969-72, so he was Playing with some Great Rams!!

View attachment 8205
Sorry about this^ pic quality, it the best I have of him!

Next Up, LB Dexter Coakley:
A name you probably remember

View attachment 8206 He Played here from 2005-06

He came here after playing 8 years for the Cowboys, and wasn't worth the Hire! IMHO

Next up LB Chris Draft:

View attachment 8208
View attachment 8209
He played for us for two seasons but I have no special memories of him ( He Played for 7 teams in the League!)

I have to pause, be right back!!
Bye the way, I forgot to mention, Coakley, coming over from the Cowbells, was probably a Gift from @Rynie!!!:ROFLMAO:;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Remember all but 1 or 2 of these guys (Pergine & Kay)...I really thought Tommy Polley was gonna be a game changer....Same with Ogletree...I watched a college game, looking at his teammate, the safety....And Tree made the loudest hit....Someone was saying how Jarvis Jones was this and that, and I said I'd take that Ogletree kid...Hitting like a tank....That Auburn vs Georgia game...or was it Bama? Where did Jones go? Whatever, Ogletree needs to really play balls out this year...Same with TJ Mac....Same with Barron ( or that guy McLeod:cautious::palm:)...Middle of this defense has got to become solid, with no mental mistakes...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Remember all but 1 or 2 of these guys (Pergine & Kay)...I really thought Tommy Polley was gonna be a game changer....Same with Ogletree...I watched a college game, looking at his teammate, the safety....And Tree made the loudest hit....Someone was saying how Jarvis Jones was this and that, and I said I'd take that Ogletree kid...Hitting like a tank....That Auburn vs Georgia game...or was it Bama? Where did Jones go? Whatever, Ogletree needs to really play balls out this year...Same with TJ Mac....Same with Barron ( or that guy McLeod:cautious::palm:)...Middle of this defense has got to become solid, with no mental mistakes...
Jones went to the Steelers, and hasn't done much. 21 games, 11 start, 58 combined tackles, 3 sacks in his career. He went 17th, Tree went 30th.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jones went to the Steelers, and hasn't done much. 21 games, 11 start, 58 combined tackles, 3 sacks in his career. He went 17th, Tree went 30th.
Yeah...I also noticed they re-signed that old beast LB....Harrison? Oh, and they grabbed a kid I really think is gonna pop, Bud Dupree.....Jones combine numbers scared me off....Glad we didn't grab him....Dupree = Game changer

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here are some more for your enjoyment!

* LB - Justin Cole - 2011-2012
Justin Cole3.jpg

He played 20 games for the Rams in his 2 seasons with us.
justin-cole-1.jpg

He only had 2 Tackles total!
Justin Cole4.jpg

But he kept trying!

LB Joe Kelly - 1994
Joe Kelly1.jpg
He only played 1 season for the team, 16 games, but he played OK, on a poor team!

Joe Kelly4.jpg

He had 1 Int. for 31 Yds. / 1 FF / 1 FR / 2 sacks and 56 TKL's w/ 14 assists.

* LB - Rocky McIntosh - 2012
Rocky-McIntosh1.jpg
Another 1 year wonder, he also wore #59.
Rocky+McIntoshNumber 52 and 59.jpg
In his 16 games he had 1 INT. for 34 Yds. / 1 Pass defended / 1 sack / and 33 Tackles w/ 11 assists.

rocky-mcintosh-paint balling.jpg

" He was also really into 'Paintballing'!!"

Any thoughts, comments, memories!?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have some corrections to some statements above^ and some stats on some of these Players for you!

* Mike Jones 1997-2000
Jones7.jpg

Winner of our SB with the Tackle! Had "7" INT's, Not & INT's, for 109 Yds. 2 TD's w/ a long of 44Yds. in his 64 games with the Rams.
He also had 4 FF's / 1 Fumble / and 2 FR's for 42 Yds. and a TD. and 8 sacks w/ 252 Tackles and 61 assists.

* LB George Andrews - 1979-1984
AndrewsGeorge1b.jpg
" He played in SB XIV, Not SB XXIV as I mistyped!"
In his 6 seasons with the team he had 1 INT. for 22 Yds. and 7 FR's and 12 sacks in his 80 games.

* LB - Tommy Polley - 2001-2004
Polley5.jpg
" I just don't understand why we let him go!"
Polley1.jpg

He played 57 games in his 4 seasons and had 4 INT's for 32 Yds. w/ a long of 22 Yds. / 23 Passes defended / 4 FF's / 2 FR's / 2 sacks / and 234 Tackles w/ 56 assists!

* LB - Larry Kelm - 1987-1992
Kelm3.jpg

In 6 seasons with the Rams he played 78 games and had 3 INT's for 31 Yds. with a Long of 16 Yds. and 3 FR's and 2 sacks.
Because of the years he played in ( pre 2001) Tackle totals are hard to come up with!

* LB Rick Kay - 1973-1977
Kay1.jpg

Not much in stats here, But in his 4 seasons and 36 games he played on some pretty good teams! He had ! INT. and 1 FR! ( again TKL totals are not available)

* LB - John Pergine - 1969-1972
Pergine2.jpg

In4 seasons with the Rams he played 50 games and saw some Return work. He had 1 PR for no gain and 3 KR's for 46 Yds. / a long of 19 Yds. and an average of 15.3 Yds.

* LB Dexter Coakley - 2005-2006
Coakley1.jpg

In his 2 seasons he had 3 INT's / 6 Passes defended / 1 FF / and 2 sacks to go with 54 TKL's and 13 assists.

* LB - Chris Draft - 2007-2008
draft1a.jpg

In his time on the team he played 28 games /had 6 PD's / 1 sack / and 73 TKL's w/ 15 assists.

Now! OUR Great New MLB!!
* LB - Alec Ogletree - 2013-Present
Ogletree2.jpg

" Here's hoping He's the Best of all times!"
In his 3 seasons he's done well! In 36 games he's had 3 INT's for 142 Yds. and 1 TD. w/ a long of 98 Yds. he has also had 21 passes defended / 10 FF's / 3.5 sacks ( I hope that goes way up!) and 206 Tkl's w/ 65 assists.
Here's to our New "D" Leader!:cheers:

Attachments

• Williams3.jpg
    Williams3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 184

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It will be strange to see another player other that Alec Ogletree wearing #52 this year. But if there were ever a guy meant to wear the horns, perhaps Ramik Wilson is that guy.

ramik-wilson-chris-conley-todd-gurley-nfl-preseason-kansas-city-chiefs-st_-louis-rams.jpg

Shown here on the left (#53) last year with our very own Todd Gurley, Wilson will don the #52 this year, and provide a needed veteran presence in the middle of the Ram defense.

**By the way, hats off to our man @den-the-coach for his contributions to this thread throughout the years. As much as the countdown is a testimony to @DaveFan'51 , Denny has added some great pictures, and historical data to really make this thread special.