Could we see a 2 trade downs with the first pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Hearing Detroit may want to trade up to get watkins got me thinking. I think its very possible Cleavland could want to trade up to make sure they get a QB jumping Jacksonville at 3 I think houston takes a QB also. Im not buying all the hype that these teams are gonna wait till round 2 and get a QB. so say we trade down with Cleavland and pick up both there 1st and a second rounder and were sitting there at 4 with Watkins staring us in the face and detroit comes calling. They offer there 10th pick and at least there 2nd and 3rd rounder, Rams take it....

Give me your 3 round mock draft with these picks

Heres mine

10. Arron Donald
13. Justin Gilbert
26. CJ Mosely
35. Morgan Moses
44. Jimmy Ward
45. Jordan Matthews
75. Gabe Jackson
76. Austin Seferian-Jenkins

BOOM CHAMPIONSHIP

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think the Detroit thing is a smokescreen. And I think Cleveland takes Watkins w/ the 4th pick. They go QB @ 26.(Carr)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK well assuming they dont and this happens who do you take

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I think the Detroit thing is a smokescreen. And I think Cleveland takes Watkins w/ the 4th pick. They go QB @ 26.(Carr)

That would place about 20 some selections between that #4 and that #26 would be a very big gamble plus many worries as each other team selects...not the way I would want to spend my first draft day. But then they are the browns who have always screwed themselves trying to be clever.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
That would place about 20 some selections between that #4 and that #26 would be a very big gamble plus many worries as each other team selects...not the way I would want to spend my first draft day. But then they are the browns who have always screwed themselves trying to be clever.

If they miss out on a QB again the fans may burn the stadium down, They were so mad when they missed on RG3 check this guy out he will lead the charge.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Seriously if you havent seen that video you need to watch it, This guy crazy after the browns failed to trade up to get RG3, I just dont think the browns will chance not getting there guy and fans would revolt if it happens again.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That guy is awesome. Busting out the random machete. 6:25 was hilarious!!

Alan

Legend
RamsJunkie with this pipe dream:
Hearing Detroit may want to trade up to get watkins got me thinking. I think its very possible Cleavland could want to trade up to make sure they get a QB jumping Jacksonville at 3 I think houston takes a QB also. Im not buying all the hype that these teams are gonna wait till round 2 and get a QB. so say we trade down with Cleavland and pick up both there 1st and a second rounder and were sitting there at 4 with Watkins staring us in the face and detroit comes calling. They offer there 10th pick and at least there 2nd and 3rd rounder, Rams take it....

Give me your 3 round mock draft with these picks

26. CJ Mosely
35. Morgan Moses
I'm OK with two trades but I think you're dreaming if you think either one of these two players will be available when you think they will. Especially Moses who won't get out of the first round IMO.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I dont think Moses will either but I was just going off a Walter Footballs mock draft on who was available with those picks. I dont think Mosely is a stretch to be there at 26, Nobody thought Ogletree was gonna make it to where he did last year either. Plus this draft is so deep some really good players are gonna fall into the late first and second round that nobody was expecting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Short answer is YES. It could happen.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I actually like all the players you have chosen but just don't think going Defence with the 1st 3 picks is wise when we need to go OL early and often.

Like the players you chose though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I actually like all the players you have chosen but just don't think going Defence with the 1st 3 picks is wise when we need to go OL early and often.

Like the players you chose though.

Still got 4 very good offensive players in the top 75, I think thats more than enough. As long as Jake Long is ready to go week 1 we only have 1 hole right now on our line and weve got a couple of guys in Barrett Jones and Brandon Washington already on the roster competeing for that spot at guard. That would turn our defense into potentially the best in the league. Im also expecting a jump in production from all the young talent we have on the offense Stacy,Austin, Bailey, Quick, Givens, Cook should all take steps forward this year and with bradford healthy I dont think we need as much help on the offense as most think here. Lets finish the D and let our young guys develope.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought a bit about this question after you threw it out yesterday....It could be that Fisher & Snead could be looking for a long term prototype sized OLT period. If they both are not sold on Long being able to hold down the OLT post for reasons they only know....injury and accumulation of all his surgeries or contract costs..to name a few then ...they also may have Taylor Lewan just a small notch below JM & GR in ratings ....... this could make them feel comfortable enough for several trades on top & still land the OT needed.

Snead really really likes & prefers to have extra selections that can provide him with the ammunition to be mobile so he can at will move up and down his draft boards without causing him carnage & damage in each of his drafts. Trades enable him to play better in all seven rounds.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I like the idea of moving down twice ONLY if in their evaluation, Taylor Lewan is just a small notch below Matthews and they are sure they'll get him. In my completely meaningless opinion the Rams absolutely have to get a starting caliber tackle and guard out of this draft.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Still got 4 very good offensive players in the top 75, I think thats more than enough. As long as Jake Long is ready to go week 1 we only have 1 hole right now on our line and weve got a couple of guys in Barrett Jones and Brandon Washington already on the roster competeing for that spot at guard. That would turn our defense into potentially the best in the league. Im also expecting a jump in production from all the young talent we have on the offense Stacy,Austin, Bailey, Quick, Givens, Cook should all take steps forward this year and with bradford healthy I dont think we need as much help on the offense as most think here. Lets finish the D and let our young guys develope.

• Yes you did but i was talking specifically OL and as much as I like Jackson, especially in the 3rd, I;m not sure Moses is ready to start at LT if Long doesnt come back at peak fitness from the word go. I dont want to see a situation where Saffold has to move there again.
  • Jones is an enigma at the moment because no one knows where he is at. I have quite a lot of time for Washington and wanted to draft him when he came outbut he was a little underwhelming last year. i do think both these guys will show great improvement this year but do we want to gamble on that?
  • I dont see a significant jump in production with our receivers if we cant keep the heat off Sam hence my statement, OL early and often.
  • overall though, if we ended up with a draft like this, i think most would be reasonably happy with the depth it provides across the board