Could NFC West send all four teams to the playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't know man, he still has $47m left on his contract - 8, 12, 13,14 - the next 4 seasons. that means he was paid $34m by the rams for the extension part of contract.

actually, i just read that cooks 5th year option was $8.5m. that would tie in to the $42.5m amount. strange that sportac shows his base salary for 2018 was $4m. confusing.

TexasRam

Legend
The biggest reason this would be near impossible is injury.

Every year grim reaper jr comes through and wipes out players with major injuries affecting the outcome of many games.

If somehow, all 4 NFC West teams somehow avoided injury then it’s possible.

but just look at us last year with JJ, Talib, Matthews, Kiser, Cooks, Noteboom, Blythe, Allen, Havenstein. To make a few.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
How do we have a tougher schedule? We play a 3rd place schedule.
What teams are we facing next year that don't figure to be playoff contenders? Arizona, the G-Men, the Jets, the Skins. Because we do every year, we can expect to drop *at least* one of these supposed gimme contests.

Literally every other team we face is going for a playoff spot, and 7 of those games are against legitimate Super Bowl contenders. 3rd place schedule only means 3rd place based on the prior year. Anyone think Tampa is going to stink up the joint next year? Think Philly is going to implode again? Think the Bears are going to stay moribund?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What teams are we facing next year that don't figure to be playoff contenders? Arizona, the G-Men, the Jets, the Skins. Because we do every year, we can expect to drop *at least* one of these supposed gimme contests.

Literally every other team we face is going for a playoff spot, and 7 of those games are against legitimate Super Bowl contenders. 3rd place schedule only means 3rd place based on the prior year. Anyone think Tampa is going to stink up the joint next year? Think Philly is going to implode again? Think the Bears are going to stay moribund?
Yet you refuse to applt the same logic about your own team?

jacktheripper85

Starter
I mean, at some point, some year, it's bound to happen in a weird sort of way (keep in mind that, for it to happen, teams basically have to split their division head to heads across the board). But the NFCW won't be the first to do it if it's going to happen in the near term. On top of the losses in the original post (and the ones pointed out later), we've also lost Legatron, Natson, NRC, etc.) The Rams are either a 5-11 or 4-12 team right now, and the Cardinals are...well...the Cardinals.

If any division has a shot of that happening, it's likely the Norris.

If this team only wins 4 or 5 games this year than we have bigger issues because that would tell me that Goff isn’t “the guy” and we’ll we looking for a QB next year in the draft.

Considering how much Cooks and Gurley played last year and the fact that even when they did play they had minimal impact I’m not too concerned with losing them. I think with JJ coming back and recent signings we will be better defensively and with the emergence of Higbee and hopefully the emergence of Everett the offense plays better. I think we will draft a RB and Brown and Henderson are also talented so I think we are fine at the RB position. We are obviously set a WR. If Edwards and Evans continue to improve the OL should also be fine.

in my opinion, this season will tell us how good our young coach really is. Had a cakewalk first couple of years and now has his first taste of adversity. The shine is off and now everyone is on the Shanahan bandwagon and touting the Cardinals too. Let’s see if he steps up and proves the initial hype was warranted.