Cooper Kupp rookie profile

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also fell in love a bit more,

Can't fall in love until he starts making plays and if he does and catches many football moving forward from Jared Goff, then he will receive my affection....If not, well, just a several PM' s to @jrry32 .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't fall in love until he starts making plays and if he does and catches many football moving forward from Jared Goff, then he will receive my affection....If not, well, just a several PM' s to @jrry32 .

Have faith, Den. Have faith.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Los Angeles Rams Mobile: Rookie Profile: Cooper Kupp
http://yi.nzc.am/bSta7R

He says all the right things that's for sure. I also fell in love a bit more, he's watching tape of Ike in this clip if you watch closely. I don't see how this guy isn't ready to contribute mentally on day one.
If he can get open against Tru in camp, we might have found a gem.

View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Rookie-Profile-Cooper-Kupp/b9c731e7-070a-481e-bae8-89598b56eec5

I think he is the type
Of WR TrunJohnson will have trouble against. Tru plays off the WR for the most part. Kupp has good ball skills in the air & positions himself well.
Tru is best coming up & hitting(making tackles. Extremely does well on 3rd & long by preventing 1st downs. Kupp has a knack for knowing where the marker is & how to get that extra yard. Real slippery type player. Doesn't take on full contact. Marcus Allen was one of the best ever slipping tackles.
Tru is great at finding the ball & getting it at it's high point. Copper Kupp has the same size , so will always compete for the ball. He has great body(positioning)control & timing .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My good sir with you presenting the case, how can I not?

I guess if he doesn't produce & turns into Brian Quick & or Isahi Pead. Coming from a small school is one thing. Tearing
It up in the Senior Bowl is another thing.

The thing that is cool is that he was a3rd rd. draft choice. The Rams traded back with there 2nd rd pick in Everett. Still being able to get Reynolds in the 4th.

The Rams didn't have a 1st & 3rd, & still managed to get quality that Ram fans will see for years.

This draft is McVays first class , so will see what it will bring. I'm a believer.

If you go & watch the Senior Bowl you'll see a view things that stick out.
1. Copper Kupp can be a return guy if needed. He makes plays & you can call him on a reverse. Which I actually love , because with Austin & Gurley it adds excitement.
2.Reynolds was the 2nd best WR in the Senior Bowl game. Really liked Zay Jones. He also can run a reverse, but had a TD & was good at seating on a 3rd down completion. Has all the tools to be a good WR in the NFL.
3.Gerald Everett was banged up & had to play behind one of the best TE's to come out in years(Bama) . He showed real good blocking skills & very willing. He also sat on a route for a nice completion. He also made a tackle to cause a fumble on a INT. He plays to the whistle.
4. John Johnson was in at FS & showed cover skills , but was not happy with his effort. I know it's the Senior Bowl & not worth the risk to just bring it. He is a smart player & Wade likes him , so I'll give him a pass.
5.DT from Tulane looked average, but was there. He is stout.
6.The FB from VT -Ginger -- He looks the part. Gosh he can do it all. Swiss Knufe is the perfect word for his play. He will cut any defender from point of attack. Can line up solo in the backfield or wide of the line. He can take a draw well & lead block getting to the next level. He has a good feel for the ball & where he is on the field. Has a good turn to make a nice target coming out of the back field.The coaching staff keep him in on the game winning try as well. Shows they trusted him.

I think Cory Harkey needs to go. This guys is the real deal.

Copper Kupp though is a gym rat type. He will be an extension to the coaching staff. These guys are all ballers & think football first.

---I. Pead was a Senior Bowl MVP. I think him beginning from Cinncy played a part of his demise . He feel behind & caught the fumblitis disease . Then maybe drugs ? From hanging with homoies.
Gillyrard had the same type problem learning & catching up with other rookies.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I guess if he doesn't produce & turns into Brian Quick & or Isahi Pead. Coming from a small school is one thing. Tearing
It up in the Senior Bowl is another thing.

The thing that is cool is that he was a3rd rd. draft choice. The Rams traded back with there 2nd rd pick in Everett. Still being able to get Reynolds in the 4th.

The Rams didn't have a 1st & 3rd, & still managed to get quality that Ram fans will see for years.

This draft is McVays first class , so will see what it will bring. I'm a believer.

If you go & watch the Senior Bowl you'll see a view things that stick out.
1. Copper Kupp can be a return guy if needed. He makes plays & you can call him on a reverse. Which I actually love , because with Austin & Gurley it adds excitement.
2.Reynolds was the 2nd best WR in the Senior Bowl game. Really liked Zay Jones. He also can run a reverse, but had a TD & was good at seating on a 3rd down completion. Has all the tools to be a good WR in the NFL.
3.Gerald Everett was banged up & had to play behind one of the best TE's to come out in years(Bama) . He showed real good blocking skills & very willing. He also sat on a route for a nice completion. He also made a tackle to cause a fumble on a INT. He plays to the whistle.
4. John Johnson was in at FS & showed cover skills , but was not happy with his effort. I know it's the Senior Bowl & not worth the risk to just bring it. He is a smart player & Wade likes him , so I'll give him a pass.
5.DT from Tulane looked average, but was there. He is stout.
6.The FB from VT -Ginger -- He looks the part. Gosh he can do it all. Swiss Knufe is the perfect word for his play. He will cut any defender from point of attack. Can line up solo in the backfield or wide of the line. He can take a draw well & lead block getting to the next level. He has a good feel for the ball & where he is on the field. Has a good turn to make a nice target coming out of the back field.The coaching staff keep him in on the game winning try as well. Shows they trusted him.

I think Cory Harkey needs to go. This guys is the real deal.

Copper Kupp though is a gym rat type. He will be an extension to the coaching staff. These guys are all ballers & think football first.

---I. Pead was a Senior Bowl MVP. I think him beginning from Cinncy played a part of his demise . He feel behind & caught the fumblitis disease . Then maybe drugs ? From hanging with homoies.
Gillyrard had the same type problem learning & catching up with other rookies.

The Rams did have a third round pick. They ended up with two.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams did have a third round pick. They ended up with two.

How did that happen ??

Traded for one which was Snead.for picking Everett later, & the player they would have drafted if thy did not trade back with there 2nd rd pick.

Let JJ go to the Giants which was a comp pick. It worked out good beau experience then the trade was a comp pick , which was the first year you were able to trade a comp pick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I thought I stumbled into a Nelson Spruuuuuce thread

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...-will-lead-rookies-in-receptions-this-season/

By: Tanya Ray Fox

Cooper Kupp is a third-round draft pick out of an FCS school in the Big Sky Conference with undeniable hands and a knack for route-running. If his skills translate to the NFL, he’s poised to be an excellent addition to what is hopefully a diverse and multi-faceted offense under Sean McVay.

Does any of that make him the the kind of player that could have 70 receptions in his rookie season? Good Morning Football’s Peter Schrager believes that it does. In a “bold predictions” segment on the NFL Network morning show, Schrager said that it will be Kupp who finishes this season as the most prolific rookie pass-catcher.

Former NFL star calls Cooper Kupp the No. 1 overall receiver in draft

Via Rams.com:

“This is the cat that I’m excited for,” said Schrager. “Eastern Washington…stole everyone’s hearts at the Senior Bowl…here’s my bold prediction: This guy’s gonna lead all rookies in receptions. I don’t care that he went in the third round, I don’t care that everyone’s ‘oohing’ and ‘aahing’ over Corey Davis and John Ross and Mike Williams an Zay Jones and JuJu and all these guys. This was the sixth receiver taken in this year’s draft… but I think he’s going to lead all rookies in catches. I’m going to even throw a number out there. I think he’s going to have 70 catches this year.”

Let me just put into perspective for you just how hard it is for a rookie receiver to have 70 receptions. According to Pro Football Reference, their have only been 16 rookie wide receivers to ever catch that many passes in their first season in the NFL.

Schrager continued:

“Jared Goff needs to throw the ball to somebody and this guy is a precise route-runner. He’s got great hands. He seems like the perfect safety net for a young quarterback because you know he’s not gonna screw up that route. He’s gonna make the play. He might not go 80 yards, but John Ross is a homerun hitter. Mike Williams is that Julio Jones, big picture guy. Cooper Kupp is your safety valve already.”

If you look at the most recent players to have 70 receptions in their rookie season – Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, Amari Cooper, Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham – you’ll notice that they very often do play the role of the “home run” guy. Yes, they have the ability to play as slot receivers – but they’re downfield play makers too.

Top NFL safeties think Cooper Kupp to Rams is huge steal in NFL draft

Schrager’s co-host and longtime NFL receiver, Nate Burleson, alluded that that idea by pointing to the fact that if Goff were going to lean on anyone this year, it would be the most explosive player on the team: Tavon Austin.

Guest analyst Lance Moore agreed with Burleson, explaining that while he does believe Kupp’s pass-catching skills will translate to the pros, he is not the kind of guy to turn in 70 receptions in his rookie season. He also believes Austin is the player who will get the touches for the Rams, rather than Kupp.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How did that happen ??

Traded for one which was Snead.for picking Everett later, & the player they would have drafted if thy did not trade back with there 2nd rd pick.

Let JJ go to the Giants which was a comp pick. It worked out good beau experience then the trade was a comp pick , which was the first year you were able to trade a comp pick.
If I have all the facts straight, the Rams Keep their original 3rd round pick because the Titans got the Rams 3rd round comp pick.
The Rams picked up their 2nd 3rd round pick by dropping down a few spots in the 2nd round. That's what happened.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If I have all the facts straight, the Rams Keep their original 3rd round pick because the Titans got the Rams 3rd round comp pick.
The Rams picked up their 2nd 3rd round pick by dropping down a few spots in the 2nd round. That's what happened.

Yes , Going into the combine that was not the case.

So you can tie Copper Kupp into JJ going to NY Giants .
John Johnson just Les Snead showing trust in his experience & knowledge of draft history & his board.
---McVay really liked Gerald Everett , even ahead of say Engram or the guy from Miami U .

That's my take on it from following The Rams basically Dailey?? We all have are on thoughts .

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yes , Going into the combine that was not the case.

So you can tie Copper Kupp into JJ going to NY Giants .
John Johnson just Les Snead showing trust in his experience & knowledge of draft history & his board.
---McVay really liked Gerald Everett , even ahead of say Engram or the guy from Miami U .

That's my take on it from following The Rams basically Dailey?? We all have are on thoughts .

What are you even blabbing on about? My original post to you was correcting your mistake. You said the Rams didn't have a third round pick. They did. Then you came back and asked how the Rams had a third. And Dave gave you exactly how it worked out. And then you come back again pushing back mentioned the players drafted and having your own opinions. Opinion had nothing to do with it, nor did the players drafted. It was two people helping you try to remember what picks the Rams started with.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What are you even blabbing on about? My original post to you was correcting your mistake. You said the Rams didn't have a third round pick. They did. Then you came back and asked how the Rams had a third. And Dave gave you exactly how it worked out. And then you come back again pushing back mentioned the players drafted and having your own opinions. Opinion had nothing to do with it, nor did the players drafted. It was two people helping you try to remember what picks the Rams started with.

Exactly - at the end of 2916 season they had no 3rd round pick !!

The picks they ended up were from

1.#21 JJ because of his play.
They got the Taints pick back , because they had trade the comp pick. If the comp pick a 4th they would have been real screwed.

2. They trade back in order to get that 3rd rd pick for John Johnson

They didn't have it before the draft. You never know what the NFL is going to give in comp picks. They have screwed The Rams in the past.

Yes so Copper Kupp was basically a trade for JJ 21 weather you like it or not. Might add Rodney McCloud as well.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

They got the Taints pick back , because they had trade the comp pick. If the comp pick a 4th they would have been real screwed.

They didn't have it before the draft. You never know what the NFL is going to give in comp picks. They have screwed The Rams in the past.

Yes so Copper Kupp was basically a trade for JJ 21 weather you like it or not. Might add Rodney McCloud as well.

This is not correct. The Rams traded their 3rd round compensatory pick to the Titans. They retained their original 3rd round pick. The trade down from 37 to 44 netted the extra 3rd rounder that ended up being Johnson. The Rams knew they were gonna get a comp pick for the Jenks Giants deal. They essentially traded the comp pick on credit for the ability to help land the Goff deal. Kupp has nothing to do with Jenkins.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Have you been drinking man?

This is a question i want to ask you frequently.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is not correct. The Rams traded their 3rd round compensatory pick to the Titans. They retained their original 3rd round pick. The trade down from 37 to 44 netted the extra 3rd rounder that ended up being Johnson. The Rams knew they were gonna get a comp pick for the Jenks Giants deal. They essentially traded the comp pick on credit for the ability to help land the Goff deal. Kupp has nothing to do with Jenkins.

It's still the Comp pick ..

When did The Rams know that they were going to get there comp pick back.
No matter what The Rams used the pick to get Copper Kupp.

This is the first year you could trade a Comp pick. When The Rams made the trade for Jared Goff there was no way of knowing for sure they would get that pick. They traded before 2016 draft
--

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have you been drinking man?

This is a question i want to ask you frequently.

No just High on Life .

Why did The Rams get the 3rd rd pick ?
Who did The Rams use on that pick ??

-Those are fair questions

I'm just connecting the dots . Maybe I can't pass the drunk test , even how basic it seems.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's still the Comp pick ..

When did The Rams know that they were going to get there comp pick back.
No matter what The Rams used the pick to get Copper Kupp.

This is the first year you could trade a Comp pick. When The Rams made the trade for Jared Goff there was no way of knowing for sure they would get that pick. They traded before 2016 draft
--

They did the deal with the Titans after Jenkins signed his deal with NYG. The team had a pretty good idea they would be getting a 3rd round comp pick based off Jenks' contract. That's how Snead structured they deal to have the option of the original 3rd round pick or the comp 3rd round pick. They made the deal with the extra 3rd knowing they would still have a 3rd rounder of their own. Once again, Kupp has nothing to do with Jenkins.
Many people were predicting the Rams would receive a 3rd, 4th and 6th round comp picks days after Free Agency began. Wasn't that hard to figure that the Rams would receive multiple comp picks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Kupps going to be awesome. Doesn't matter if he was a 1st rounder or UDFA

/thread

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They did the deal with the Titans after Jenkins signed his deal with NYG. The team had a pretty good idea they would be getting a 3rd round comp pick based off Jenks' contract. That's how Snead structured they deal to have the option of the original 3rd round pick or the comp 3rd round pick. They made the deal with the extra 3rd knowing they would still have a 3rd rounder of their own. Once again, Kupp has nothing to do with Jenkins.
Many people were predicting the Rams would receive a 3rd, 4th and 6th round comp picks days after Free Agency began. Wasn't that hard to figure that the Rams would receive multiple comp picks.

So how many comp picks did The Rams receive ?? Was there prediction right ?

The comp picks stand for something. If The Rams received the 3rd rd comp pick
The year before then the change could not have been made.

If The Rams retained Jenkins then Cooper Kupp would almost fire surly not be a Ram. That is the player who was taken with the comp pick for Jenkins.