Cooper Kupp on 'Earning' vs 'Deserving'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He is 100% correct and if you don't realize this life will certainly teach you that lesson. Some of course never learn it. But how great is it to have a player like him on our team. I hope he puts up an epic season in 2024. :fistbump1:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This is why I push back against people who say things like “everyone deserves a second chance” when it comes to guys like Stetson Bennett and others who have failed to fully capitalize on their opportunities.

Earn it…then I’m in your corner forever.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This is why I push back against people who say things like “everyone deserves a second chance” when it comes to guys like Stetson Bennett and others who have failed to fully capitalize on their opportunities.

Everybody deserves a 2nd chance, within reason. A 3rd chance, no. This is Bennett's 2nd chance. Let's see how he handles it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Everybody deserves a 2nd chance, within reason. A 3rd chance, no. This is Bennett's 2nd chance. Let's see how he handles it.

Everyone deserves a second chance. I know I made some horrible decisions in my teenaged years that I still have the utmost remorse for. But you have to earn trust back, and sometimes, that's not possible. That's life.

I'm fine with Stetson getting a second chance, but he has to earn the trust of his teammates. If he's the leader he seemed to be at Georgia, I have faith in that.

So, earning and deserving? Two different words. You get a birth, a life, a death. That's all we deserve. Everything else? We have to earn.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Kupp turned 31 just 11 days ago… As hard as he works, and his game has never been about speed… He’s not done yet.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Kupp turned 31 just 11 days ago… As hard as he works, and his game has never been about speed… He’s not done yet.
The only concern now is health. If he stays healthy he will have an all pro type season. I'm sure he's working on things to help his body avoid injuries.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member

I agree with the point of "earn it" or "show me". But I think you isolated the contended viewpoints with guys Stetson in your first sentence. What if someone has worked hard to capitalize on their opportunities and reach milestones of success -- then they get knocked down?

It is ok to root for the person to get back up.

Most of us love a success story and love drawing inspiration from people who have fought through adversity and came through the other side better for it. Even if the adversity was self-inflicted.

I know a lot of my own adversity was self-inflicted. Abusing alcohol and being a "dumbass" has set me back more than once.

But I think I've finally reached common ground with you now that I didn't reach from the other Stetson thread.
Any success, no matter where you start from, or how much ground you have to cover over again, isn't deserved. It is earned.

They say trust is lost in buckets and gained back in drips. (at least my wife says that when I fuck up).

Deserved vs Earned. Man this forum gives me good food for thought.

Go Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
clint eastwood Deserve's got nothing to do with it. GIF

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Do you suppose Puka heard this message a few times coming from Kupp? It is this mindset that makes him an asset not just as a receiver. He is someone that inspires those around him. They all know he doesn't have the innate physical tools to make him a great receiver.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"yeah!" ~ Nelson Spruce

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I agree with the point of "earn it" or "show me". But I think you isolated the contended viewpoints with guys Stetson in your first sentence. What if someone has worked hard to capitalize on their opportunities and reach milestones of success -- then they get knocked down?

It is ok to root for the person to get back up.
I’ll root for anyone making an honest effort to improve and succeed. I just disagree that everyone automatically deserves a second chance. First you earn, then you deserve…not the other way around.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Guy has got it figured out. So many in the world don't. What a great role model to have on the Rams. He's headed to coaching after he gets a couple more SB rings!