Cooper Kupp expected to be ready for Rams training camp (CONFIRMED)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...-update-training-camp/?utm_source=thescoreapp

Cooper Kupp expected to be ready for Rams training camp

The Los Angeles Rams were dealt a significant blow in Week 10 last season when Cooper Kupp suffered a torn ACL. He missed the rest of the season and the playoffs, giving way to Josh Reynolds as a starter.

The Rams will be getting their top slot receiver back in 2019 and according to Sean McVay, Kupp will be back on the field in training camp. McVay said at the NFL combine Thursday that Kupp is expected to be ready for camp in July.

View: https://twitter.com/Rich_Hammond/status/1101127933442383872

Despite only playing eight games last season, Kupp still finished fourth on the team in receiving yards (566), receptions (40) and tied for first with six touchdowns. He was an integral part of the offense, not only being Jared Goff’s security blanket underneath, but also making plays down the field.

With Kupp healthy, the Rams have one of the most talented and deepest receiver groups in the NFL. Brandin Cooks and Robert Woods had phenomenal 2018 seasons with 1,000-plus yards and at least 80 catches each, while Reynolds provides great depth as the fourth receiver, as well.

The Rams could’ve used Kupp in the Super Bowl when they scored just three points and had trouble converting on third down.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Now THIS is some fantastic news!!!

Hopefully we have that DOG on the field for every single game next year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm glad he'll be back but keep in mind fellas that he won't be the same player right away. It could take up to a year to regain full range of motion and full stability from what I've read.

One other thing. Had he stayed healthy the season may have unfolded much differently. Also had he topped 1200 yards which he could have done, the Rams would have had 3 WR's over the 1200 yard mark, which I believe has never happened before.

dang

Legend
He's already earned his starting role so no hurry in getting him back to football ready.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Kupp is one of those guys you want defining this team. Great news. I hope he comes back stronger.

….3 points in the Super Bowl...:cautious: it's all just sinking in...dang.

Ram65

Legend
Great news! Kup has the work ethic to comeback as fast as anyone. I'm sure they will reign him in early on.

Amazing we are getting a report on injured Rams player!

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
keep in mind fellas that he won't be the same player right away. It could take up to a year to regain full range of motion and full stability from what I've read.
Couldn’t you wait just one day so that we could revel in this good news?:rant:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Kupp is one of those guys you want defining this team. Great news. I hope he comes back stronger.

….3 points in the Super Bowl...:cautious: it's all just sinking in...dang.
We got 3 points? I honestly thought we were blanked. I never even looked, just knew we were lousy.

Can't wait to see Kupp back in action, but yeah he needs to take it easy for a while. Reynolds can fill in for a while until he's got his full range of motion back....

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's our MVP for my 2 cents. He just does everything right and makes it look easy too. I believe in this training staff to get him healthy and prepared to play. Reggie did a masterful job getting Gurley ready to play and I expect the same with Kupp.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
It's awesome that he might be ready for training camp! However, I hope they use every precaution, we need him more in December than August.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Nice, I hope we utilize him lightly early in the season, would rather him to full use in the postseason. A good time to see what Everett, Reynolds, and maybe a rookie can do.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
I truly believe that he would have done to the Pats what Edelman did to us. In our case that then would have freed up Cooks, Woods, and the running game. I like Reynolds....but he’s no Kupp

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's our MVP for my 2 cents. He just does everything right and makes it look easy too. I believe in this training staff to get him healthy and prepared to play. Reggie did a masterful job getting Gurley ready to play and I expect the same with Kupp.

Yeah we are a completely different offense when he's out. Add Kupp to our roster and that Super Bowl would have had a lot more points scored. He's that "third kind of heat" for our offense. :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah we are a completely different offense when he's out. Add Kupp to our roster and that Super Bowl would have had a lot more points scored. He's that "third kind of heat" for our offense. :D

Between that and Gurley being a non factor along with how Belichick diagnosed McVay's offense based on how he used TE's the Rams were in for a long day from the start.

I still can't believe that he found a "tell" from the TE's.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Between that and Gurley being a non factor along with how Belichick diagnosed McVay's offense based on how he used TE's the Rams were in for a long day from the start.

I still can't believe that he found a "tell" from the TE's.
What "tell"? I haven't seen that before.