Comments on Saturday Scrimmage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Red zone is where Sam has shined the most.

That was not really a scrimmage. In years past the emphasis was on game situations along with some situational work. This was just an extension of the way they have been running practice.

They shortened up some of the reps by the ones and gave those mostly to the second string.

I got to be on the sideline and discovered it a great place to see how really big the players are, to watch and listen to the coaches and not such a great place to watch a game.

I understand coach speak and game tape much better now.

Brockers Baby Got Back let me tell you.

Blake Williams is calling the defensive signals, Dave McGinnis is taking care of a lot of the game coaching and critiquing the players when they come the field. I was really impressed with Chuck Cecil and the way he coached the backs during drills. He emphasizes fundamentals, pushed them to finish strong and not walk through a drill. He is clear, and concise in the way he coaches them and thought he came off great. They were working right in front of me and didn't seem to mind my eavesdropping.

Kendricks was held out on Friday and was not benched.

Clemons is even more unimpressive up that close. He just doesn't get rid of the ball and seems to bail out and scramble when he doesn't need to. Short to intermediate throws lack velocity.

I thought the safety Daniels played very well. Jose Valdez a tackle out of Arkansas took a lot of the first team reps in place of Saffold.

Got to meet a lot of the players and Trumaine Johnson was really nice and easy to talk to.

There was less to report out of this practice than any of the rest I saw.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Always inside the five and very very high.

PhxRam

jimitroutboy said:
Always inside the five and very very high.

Do you think that is by design instead of just punching it out of the back of the endzone?