College Basketball Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
UCLA is back fam! Big win today over #1 Kentucky on there home court! Loving this team with Lonzo Ball, Tj Leaf, Hamilton, etc. Deep team with a mix of seniors and talented freshman. 6 guys averaging double digits in scoring is nice. They look for real and showed it today.

1375482116000-317419-1308021823_3_4.JPG

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mizzou sucks at basketball. Kim Anderson is the main problem, but since he's a native son, I doubt he gets fired. Not a good year for Mizzou in most of their sports.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
UCLA is back fam! Big win today over #1 Kentucky on there home court! Loving this team with Lonzo Ball, Tj Leaf, Hamilton, etc. Deep team with a mix of seniors and talented freshman. 6 guys averaging double digits in scoring is nice. They look for real and showed it today.

Is that Ed O'Bannon?

image.jpeg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
AR-151129637.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

The three Ball brothers: from left, Lonzo Ball, 18, LaMelo Ball, 14, cousin Andre Ball, 15, and LiAngelo Ball, 16, all play for the Chino Hills High School varsity basketball team, they pose for a picture at Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, CA., Friday, November 13, 2015. (Photo by James Carbone for the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin)

Memento

Name
Jemma
Grayson Allen has got to be one of the dirtiest players I've seen in college. Three trips? I'm glad that Coach K suspended him, but my fate, that kid is an asshole. The way he acted on the bench was embarrassing as well.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell of a comeback tonight for UCLA vs a damn good Oregon team! Great game!

…..

Legend
UCLA is relevent again, but man Oregon looks good. I watched the whole game and still am not sure how we snuck back in it.

I like the Bruins alittle more with Aaron Holiday in the game. Lonzo is still so young it makes me nervous sometimes when he has the ball in crunch time.

Either way....great season so far but we aint sneakin up on anyone now....everyone knows we have a soft defense. If you ask some random kid in Kazakstan about UCLA, he'll say "good team, but no defense."

I hope they are workin on it. You aint gonna win the Championship without D. If they get anywhere in the Tourney, I expect Bryce Alford to be bombs away, with Lonzo dishin the rock to him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Have you UCLA guys heard LaVar Ball's crazy rantings? He sounds like a nut, and his sons are going to suffer for it.

Also, Mizzou finally fired Anderson! Hallelujah!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

F -- UCLA @ least that is what Ed O'Bannon says !! His son is going to USC !! Actually wanted PAC 12 teams to win it, totally underrated .

Was pissed Oregon lost because the Refs let that Free Throw Shooter get the rebound before it hit the rim .

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
F -- UCLA @ least that is what Ed O'Bannon says !! His son is going to USC !! Actually wanted PAC 12 teams to win it, totally underrated .

Was ticked Oregon lost because the Refs let that Free Throw Shooter get the rebound before it hit the rim .

I think his son chose USC because he wasnt gonna have a big role at UCLA and he would have likely been a bench player. UCLA has another incoming stacked class (#2) coming in. UCLA landed 5 star SF Kris Wilkes and O'Bannon is a 4 star SF. Also the next Ball brother is listed as a SF and another 3 star SF in Chris Smith. I think this had something to do with him not choosing UCLA. I think choosing USC was a good choice for him because he gets to be one of the lead guys for them. I also always pull for Pac teams in the tournament. Oregon came oh so close.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think his son chose USC because he wasnt gonna have a big role at UCLA and he would have likely been a bench player. UCLA has another incoming stacked class (#2) coming in. UCLA landed 5 star SF Kris Wilkes and O'Bannon is a 4 star SF. Also the next Ball brother is listed as a SF and another 3 star SF in Chris Smith. I think this had something to do with him not choosing UCLA. I think choosing USC was a good choice for him because he gets to be one of the lead guys for them. I also always pull for Pac teams in the tournament. Oregon came oh so close.

Very solid take !! Thanks ...

USC is going to be tough though. They have a solid foundation & not going to have a lot of 1 & done guys .
Dana has built a solid program. I have an old friend who is a Dean there. He is solidnwhen it comes to recruiting good kids. I think he might have had a effect on the kid from Long Beach going to the O" .
Arizona just lost an assistant coach that is going to be the HC at Santa Barbara. He has a lot of ties in So. Cal.

Recruiting is huge . Where does Ball in up & how good will he be in the NBA ?
He needs to add strength for sure.The kid from Kentucky ate him up one on one.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Very solid take !! Thanks ...

USC is going to be tough though. They have a solid foundation & not going to have a lot of 1 & done guys .
Dana has built a solid program. I have an old friend who is a Dean there. He is solidnwhen it comes to recruiting good kids. I think he might have had a effect on the kid from Long Beach going to the O" .
Arizona just lost an assistant coach that is going to be the HC at Santa Barbara. He has a lot of ties in So. Cal.

Recruiting is huge . Where does Ball in up & how good will he be in the NBA ?
He needs to add strength for sure.The kid from Kentucky ate him up one on one.

For sure Ball should go top 2-3 im guessing. Id say his game is similiar to Jason Kidd and i expect him to probably be around that good since hes a great passer/floor general and can shoot the 3 ball. He will be more of a distributor than a scorer though. Hes not really a great athlete in general but his size and length help his defending to make up for it. He can be eaten up by quicker/faster players if he has no help defense.Hes got a really awkward shot but it goes in. Hes a good rebounder for a PG which helps when your 6'6 haha. He makes the occasional highlight shot blocks because of this. Offensively he makes his whole team better with his passing and isnt selfish at all. His father is definitely annoying though and hopefully leaves his future team and coaches alone (doubtful) lol. I think TJ Leaf who also declared is gonna be a really good NBA player too. Hes just so fundamentally sound and probably just needs to add some strength. Hes got a well rounded game for a big guy sort of like a euro big guy with the skill(really underrated being in Lonzo's shadow). Its 2 huge losses for UCLA which sucks but they did get a 5 star PG coming in named Jaylen Hands to replace Ball but hes got big shoes to fill. USC seems to be building something nice along with Oregon in the Pac. They seem to be catching Arizona and UCLA these days which is good in general for the whole conference. I think the Pac got disrespected in the seedings.

Last edited:

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Man Lavar Ball really should just shut his mouth. This dude doesnt get it at all and is hurting his sons everytime he opens his mouth. One of those "white guys" is a top 5 all time leading scorer at UCLA (Bryce Alford) and the other is a possible NBA lottery pick (TJ Leaf). This is pure ignorance. And lastly the 3rd white guy (Thomas Welsh) averaged almost a double double on the year with 11pts and 9 rebs. All 3 of these guys were vital to how good UCLA was this season.This guy is the worst part of getting the Ball brothers at UCLA.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...lavar-ball-casts-blame-ucla-bruins-white-guys

LaVar Ball: UCLA was too slow to win title with 'three white guys'
8:40 PM PT
LaVar Ball, the outspoken father of former UCLA Bruins guard Lonzo Ball, gave two reasons Thursday for why the Bruins were eliminated in the NCAA tournament: Lonzo Ball was saddled by a hamstring injury, and some of his teammates, whom LaVar Ball referred to as "three white guys," couldn't pick up the slack.

Lonzo Ball did not mention the injury after the Sweet 16 loss to Kentucky, and UCLA coach Steve Alford said he believed his player was fine.

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," LaVar Ball told the Southern California News Group, presumably talking about TJ Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh.

LaVar Ball 'glad' Alford is staying at UCLA
LaVar Ball, who stayed in California to tend to his ailing wife instead of going to Memphis for the Sweet 16, told ESPN he feels "good" about Steve Alford remaining the coach at UCLA.

"I told Lonzo, 'One of these games you might need to go for 30 or 40 points.' It turned out that was the one game. Then once they get to the Elite Eight, they're right there," LaVar Ball said.

Lonzo Ball is a likely lottery pick in this summer's NBA draft. He played one season at UCLA and has since filed paperwork for the draft as well as hired an agent.

LaVar Ball's middle son, LiAngelo, is committed to UCLA for next season. His youngest son, LaMelo, is committed to UCLA in the class of 2019.

Kentucky advanced to the South Region final with an 85-76 victory, where it lost to eventual champion North Carolina.

Last edited: