Cocktails that You Actually Like

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we're a bunch of sissified beer guzzlers and single malt scotch drinkers, but how about mixed drinks? I have been a little curious concerning cocktails lately and In have tried very few of them. Yes, I've had Margaritas and Pina Coladas a long time ago. When I was a Naval lad, I was dared to try Long Island Ice Tea, with the promise that three of them would knock me on my ass (they did). Kaluha with cream and Bailey's with cream are tasty. But since I don't hang out in bars and never have, I've not had many opportunities to drink all of these fancy drinks. Give me your favorites and why. Do they have a comparable taste to anything else for reference?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I've been known to partake in a mojito or planter's punch, particularly when I'm drinking within 100 yards of the ocean.

A margarita with good tequila, on the rocks, not frozen, is also nice with Tex/Mex food.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
Kaluha with cream

I am a pussy when it comes to anything outside of beer.

If I were to order anything other than a beer, it would be a white russian which is pretty close to what you mentioned except you add additional vodka.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I like mojitos quite a bit, but my go to is an old fashioned with a smooth yet strong tasting bourbon.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My go to is usually an Old Fashioned.

Also,
Sazerac

Gin and tonic

Spicy Margarita on ice. Not blended

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My wife and I went to Disneyland and Universal Studios for our honeymoon back in the 80's. A friend gave me a bottle of Tequila for the trip. It was like one in the morning at the hotel and nothing open to buy something to go with it. I went downstairs to the vending machine. Bought a Snapple Pink Lemonade. I mixed it with the Tequila and it was surprisingly good. I also used to like Bacardi Rum with grapefruit juice. The coke was just too sugary for my taste. The grapefruit juice went down very nicely with the rum. That was my drink of choice when it came to liquor. I found out from a bartender that drink is called a monkey wrench.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Just make my drink with this and I'll be happy:
rz.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I make a mean from scratch Rita

Also enjoy Mojitos, Gin and Tonic, Vodka Lemonade, vodka Martinis, chocolate martinis when the wife wants one, bloody marys, pretty much anything with an umbrella in it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Manhattan (whiskey, vermouth, bitters, cherry)
Rusty nail (whiskey, drambuie, chipped ice)

I‘ll drink others. I like old fashions, too @Dodgersrf. But… Those two done right can be awesome sippers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ooh. Yeah, those can be good.
One time me and my buddies drank some beer, MD 20/20, and chased it with some Kaluha w/ Creme that had been sitting under my driver's seat for 6 months. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My go to is usually an Old Fashioned.

Also,
Sazerac

Gin and tonic

Spicy Margarita on ice. Not blended
What's in an Old Fahioned? Is it smooth or harsh?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manhattan (whiskey, vermouth, bitters, cherry)
Rusty nail (whiskey, drambuie, chipped ice)

I‘ll drink others. I like old fashions, too @Dodgersrf. But… Those two done right can be awesome sippers.
I want to try a Manhattan..What the hell are "bitters" and a "drambule"?