OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No thanks. Wilks sucked balls at Mizzou. Our team ranked in the bottom half of yards against, points against, and every conceivable defensive category you can think of, in the lone year he was DC.
Cool, honestly only ask as his defense in Carolina seemed ok , but I honestly don't know much about him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cool, honestly only ask as his defense in Carolina seemed ok , but I honestly don't know much about him.
Very good front 7 with a good pass rush and a good secondary. Most DC's will do good with that roster.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It looks like the remaining vacancies are;

Broncos
Cardinals
Colts
Texans

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw a report that said Jeff Saturday was the favourite to get the colts job. Isray must be shooting too much smack into his veins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was just reading on that.

I am reading the Colts Fans would be unhappy with that, and that could lead to pressure to hire another choice.

This feels like Raheem’s only shot for HC in 2023. And… it’s looking weak.

View: https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1618616425631076353?s=61&t=Yo-z0IopFz5RKbEJVtAFhg

Personally I’d start with an experienced head coach and hire Saturday as the offensive coordinator or lower. Jeff needs to take it a little slower. But Irsay is a fool and what guy wants to coach the Colts with Saturday having Irsay’s ear? I guess the paycheck may be worth it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Personally I’d start with an experienced head coach and hire Saturday as the offensive coordinator or lower. Jeff needs to take it a little slower. But Irsay is a fool and what guy wants to coach the Colts with Saturday having Irsay’s ear? I guess the paycheck may be worth it.
Jeff Saturday is no FREAKING OC!! He could barley manage a game right. He needs to hire his own people be successful though.

Be funny if Raheem Morris was The Rams OC. I’d LMAO because he is more qualified all around than Jeff Saturday besides the O’Line

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Jeff Saturday may be less qualified to be an offensive coordinator than to be a head coach.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was just reading on that.

I am reading the Colts Fans would be unhappy with that, and that could lead to pressure to hire another choice.

This feels like Raheem’s only shot for HC in 2023. And… it’s looking weak.

View: https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1618616425631076353?s=61&t=Yo-z0IopFz5RKbEJVtAFhg

My position of course is different from most of ROD. Having DC Morris around another season would assist McVay. Thus it would be a positive.

I have voiced in the past the two 3rd rd selection awards would be more positive. I feel differently after what has occurred over the last month with McVay.

Morris's early resume foundation is the defensive secondary the area that will undergo the most changes here shortly in coaches & DB's.

McVay currently has his hands full in the major transitions on the offensive side coaches. I would prefer not to add & mix in more changes at this time with additional new DC staff.

It was McVay who was the driving force behind bringing in & signing Stafford to make this a long-term winning team. Rams paid a mega ultra-high price in so many ways to bring in Stafford for McVay to bring about a long-term winning team. Less than 2 yrs ago in the team's future draft selection assets. In little over 10 months ago McVay signed Stafford to a mega 4-year deal $160 million contract extension. Then I hear he wants out ........after concluding a deplorable losing season?

McVay did not look good in my old eyes.......glad he decided to return.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Colts/Saturday situation makes my blood boil
NFL trying to address the hiring issue, trying to make opportunities for minority assistants, and this buffoon is out and out sticking it to them all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Irsay is out of his mind if he thinks Saturday is on par with Raheem Morris as a head coach.

The beauty of all this, though, is that if he hires Saturday he'll suffer the most. Because they're friends. He'll realize his mistake then need to fire his drinking buddy at some point next season or the season thereafter.

Sucks for the fans though. Boy do I remember those days with Georgia.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If they lose Morris maybe Steve Wilkes wouldn't be a bad DC candidate. Maybe even Assist HC.. Very experienced and McVay wouldn't have to spend much energy on defense. Give it all to him and forget it like he did with Phillips.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jeff Saturday may be less qualified to be an offensive coordinator than to be a head coach.
I actually have 3 friends that are Dolts fans. I feel bad for them.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If they lose Morris maybe Steve Wilkes wouldn't be a bad DC candidate. Maybe even Assist HC.. Very experienced and McVay wouldn't have to spend much energy on defense. Give it all to him and forget it like he did with Phillips.

Wilks wouldn't be a bad candidate. He'd be the worst candidate possible. If you think Morris is terrible, Wilks must be hellspawn.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Darryl Henley probably.
He did like coke.

coca cola coke GIF by The Coca-Cola Company

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This Colts/Saturday situation makes my blood boil
NFL trying to address the hiring issue, trying to make opportunities for minority assistants, and this buffoon is out and out sticking it to them all.
So race is more important than ability?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So race is more important than ability?
Hiring process being followed to ensure fairness for all candidates is more important than cronyism. NFL fighting an image of the boys club and here we have an owner hiring a completely unqualified individual because they are friends.