Clowney gets another speeding ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/26/clowney-gets-another-speeding-ticket/
As defensive end Jadeveon Clowney counts down his launch to the NFL, he perhaps should go a little easier on the rocket fuel.

For the second time this month, Clowney has been ticketed for speeding in South Carolina. According to the State, Clowney received a $445 ticket Thursday morning for allegedly driving 84 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone.

Coach Steve Spurrier addressed the situation while also making it even more obvious that Clowney will be leaving the school with two years of eligibility remaining.

“I tell you, he needs to go to driving school doesn’t he?” Spurrier said at a press conference in Orlando conducted in connection with the team’s upcoming bowl game appearance. “At least he’ll have enough money to pay for it in a week or so. Hopefully, they’ll send him [to driving school] after the bowl game.”

Clowney previously was cited for driving 110 miles per hour, 40 mph above the posted limit.

The good news is he may not get any more tickets in the near future. Because he was exceeding the speed limit by more than 25 miles per hour on both occasions, he faces a maximum point penalty of six for each of the events, which could trigger a suspension of his license by putting him at 12 points.

Yeah, let's draft this guy.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's an alarming pattern of behavior.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree with Alan, the dude clearly has issues, i dont want any part of him. I seem to sway one way or the other with him, but i feel like im settling one the side of "Hell no". He may end up being great, but i dont wanna deal with the growing pains. Dude seems like a total :jerkoff:

Alan

Legend
I wonder where he got the $30 - 50K needed to buy that Chrysler 300?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wonder what if anything the school is doing to mentor this kid? I know he has had problems but part of their program should be dealing with this kind of behavior. What about his parents? I'm sure Fisher and Snead will do their due diligence and figure out how bad the kid is screwed up. If they draft him, just like all the other Rams players I will be rooting for him and not waiting for the other shoe to drop so we can jump on him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, questionable judgement.

Scary.

Hell of a talent. Let's hope he doesn't piss it all away.

Alan

Legend
I hope they haven't been doing anything because if this is the way he acts with mentoring then I'd hate to see the results without it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Is this the same guy that people were talking about that didn't want to play in sme games for a very poor reason? Help me out guys you know I don't watch college ball.

Alan

Legend
Yes. He didn't want to get injured and hurt his draft chances.

Although this might not be the guy you're thinking of. He's just dogging it in games.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And oh by the way that ticket cost him a lot more than $445! And I find his coaches attitude towards all of this beyond smarmy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Is this the same guy that people were talking about that didn't want to play in sme games for a very poor reason? Help me out guys you know I don't watch college ball.

Same guy. He's been dreaming of cashing NFL checks all year... he was too young to enter the draft last year, had no choice but to be forced to play another year of college ball... had no real interest in doing what was best for his college team. The Old Ball Coach (Spurrier), his coach there in South Carolina, even called him out in the media at one point earlier in the year.

This pillar of "football love" has already figured out exactly how he's gonna spend his buku delores... he just hasn't had any time for football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well at this point I wouldn't want him but maybe someone does, maybe the Redskins could use him to shore up that defense. :lol:

SC-Ram78

Rookie
There was miscommunication with the trainer and the head coach. Clowney went to the trainer 45 mins before kickoff and told the trainer he couldn't play for some untold reason and later said that he was having rib pains. As a long time gamecock fan I love the guy but he does have questionable work ethic. But maybe that will change once he gets paid. Or it may backfire and turn out the other way. Aka Jamarcus Russell situation

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There was miscommunication with the trainer and the head coach. Clowney went to the trainer 45 mins before kickoff and told the trainer he couldn't play for some untold reason and later said that he was having rib pains. As a long time gamecock fan I love the guy but he does have questionable work ethic. But maybe that will change once he gets paid. Or it may backfire and turn out the other way. Aka Jamarcus Russell situation

Have you ever heard of a person with questionable work ethic improving in that area after receiving millions upon millions of dollars?

Me neither.......pass on this knucklehead......

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And oh by the way that ticket cost him a lot more than $445! And I find his coaches attitude towards all of this beyond smarmy.

That's Spurrier for you. There is a reason he failed in the NFL.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Have you ever heard of a person with questionable work ethic improving in that area after receiving millions upon millions of dollars?

Me neither.......pass on this knucklehead......
Well atleast he didn't sit out the entire year like it was being speculated before the season started. After seeing what happened to lattimore he could have easily sat and watched the games from home and not had the risk of injury. But he didn't want to do that to his team and I do have to tip my cap to him on that one but I have always believed that people get hurt if they are not playing full speed

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The problem with this whole situation starts and stops with "The Old Ball Coach". Clowney isn't the first player to have questionable work ethic in this program prior to the draft. (A. Jeffrey anyone?)

When the whole "miscommunication" and subsequent missing of practice occurred, Spurrier goes in front of the media and "defends" his star by saying
"even if he never plays another down of football here, the Univ of South Carolina should be thankful" that he chose to play there in the first place. He creates an atmosphere where there are different rules for the "student-athlete". Do you think for one second if that were some 3rd string CB he would have made that statement?

Can you for even one second, imagine those words coming out of Nick Saban's mouth? I've seen coaches like this in other sports. They are far less concerned with the player, especially when its a perceived "5-Star" recruit. Get as many of them as you can, and just keep regurgitating them. Be thankful for whatever you get out of them, and at least we don't have to worry about playing AGAINST them.

If you were a member of that team and saw that circus play out everyday, how would you be motivated to "put the team first"?

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I've had a few tickets myself so I can't be too hard on the kid but his on field issues are what make me say pass. Everyone wants to get paid so the real issue for me is what kind of applicant comes in your office, throws his feet up and says f it because he has a nice resume? The kind that has no plans of working hard and believes he's already earned it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The problem with this whole situation starts and stops with "The Old Ball Coach". Clowney isn't the first player to have questionable work ethic in this program prior to the draft. (A. Jeffrey anyone?)

When the whole "miscommunication" and subsequent missing of practice occurred, Spurrier goes in front of the media and "defends" his star by saying
"even if he never plays another down of football here, the Univ of South Carolina should be thankful" that he chose to play there in the first place. He creates an atmosphere where there are different rules for the "student-athlete". Do you think for one second if that were some 3rd string CB he would have made that statement?

Can you for even one second, imagine those words coming out of Nick Saban's mouth? I've seen coaches like this in other sports. They are far less concerned with the player, especially when its a perceived "5-Star" recruit. Get as many of them as you can, and just keep regurgitating them. Be thankful for whatever you get out of them, and at least we don't have to worry about playing AGAINST them.

If you were a member of that team and saw that circus play out everyday, how would you be motivated to "put the team first"?

Ol' Ball Coach didn't come out "defending" clown until after he ran him through the mud in the media first. He then did his best Damage Control by his lame attempt to "defend" him once he realized that his recruiting efforts were going to be fucked over because he called clown out in front of the cameras.

FTR,,, I'm a Nole Fan. I've hated that fucking visor throwing punk for many many years.