Cleveland High School Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I went to a basketball game of all things that featured the Rams playing against Cleveland High School (San Fernando Valley, CA) alums. I thought you were there for that game. Were you? It would have been in the early 70s. I can't imagine current players doing anything like that. As about a ten year old kid, I was SO star struck. I've been around many a hollyweird type but you guys were bigger than life. And so cool to a little kid wanting a sig from his gridiron heroes.

I went along a table and had all of the Rams players sign a team picture. Everyone of them just real guys. I don't normally go in for any of that type of stuff but I sure would like to find that picture. You guys were IT for me back then.

I had a Ram uniform when I was a kid (5 years old) and I used to bang the helmet against our stucco wall on Corbin Avenue so it would look like the Rams defensive linemen's helmets. Yeah - I was THAT kid. :peek:

Thanks for taking the time.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Ok Sam so I am no Jack Youngblood but I wanted to comment on your post.
We are about the same age, I just turned 50. I have been a ram fan from day 1 you might even be able to add the 9-10 month gestation period. I too had the blue and white helmet and jersey and used to run around tackling my younger brother for no reason. I remember going to Cal Lutheran in T.O to watch the rams play the Cowboys in a scrimmage several years before the cowboys quit training there. I remember hanging around after practice and getting my red white and blue football signed by the team, I kept that ball in perfect shape for a day or two until I couldn't help but play with it in the street.
Anyway I enjoyed your questions and am sorry I missed the Q & A but honestly there were some great questions. I just wanted to relate and tell you and everyone else who has supported this team like my family has that it is great to have a place to relate. As you know it is not popular being a Ram fan not even when they were in LA but I will always be one.
Next time I am in Oregon I would love to stop by the restaurant for some BBQ and if you find yourself in the Santa Clarita Valley let me know and we will do lunch.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Haha... I got the Blue and White uni (pads and all) for Christmas way way back in the day. I didn't want to get any part of the helmet dirty though. That baby was kept very clean up on my dresser.