Clayton: Britt Could Be A Big Steal for the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's definitely not the norm for a player to resurrect his career elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it never happens. All the dude has to do is stay healthy and rededicate himself to his craft and the rest should all fall into place. He definitely looks the part, and dude has swagger.

FRO

Legend
It's definitely not the norm for a player to resurrect his career elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it never happens. All the dude has to do is stay healthy and rededicate himself to his craft and the rest should all fall into place. He definitely looks the part, and dude has swagger.
Well said. I'm hoping he can, I'm just trying to stay cautious though.

SierraRam

Recreational User
It speaks volumes that Fisher kept faith in a player who's had several off-field issues. Our coach believes Britt can be reborn here, and health permitting, we have our #1 WR. This year, Britt and Cook will have the best QB they've ever played with.

Because of our run game and OL, Sam will have time to look downfield at Britt, Bailey, Tavon, Quick, Givens & Cook. WOW - could be special

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wouldn't be the first guy to go about doing it, Clayton was on the verge of doing it before he got injured. All he has to do is stay healthy and I genuinely believe that with Bradford at his side he'll do good things.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Britt has that talent. He was a hot commodity coming out of Rutgers. It was just youthful foolishness and injuries that kept him from reaching his potential

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Britt has that talent. He was a hot commodity coming out of Rutgers. It was just youthful foolishness and injuries that kept him from reaching his potential
That and a lot of deficiencies with the talent around him. When Kerry Collins is the best QB your team can offer in a 5 year span, you've got problems.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If his ass can cash the checks his mouth was writing during OTA's when the real games start... I'll be a big fan.

I like the cocky attitude being added to the mix of our young WR's. An attitude adjustment has been needed for far too long at that position. If nothing else, I hope that Britt competing with our young guys will speed up their development and build up their confidence.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That and a lot of deficiencies with the talent around him. When Kerry Collins is the best QB your team can offer in a 5 year span, you've got problems.
you don't think locker can play? he was an absolute beast in the pac-12

RamSECUT

UDFA
Taking away his off the field issues, Kenny Britt has always been a solid talent at wideout.
In Tennessee he was a star receiver without a quarterback. Similar to Cook, they are both extremely talented downfield threats, and just need the right qb to get them the ball.
Remember Cook's game in week 1 against the Cards. If that can be put together on a week to week basis, imagine the type of offensive team that this will be.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If his ass can cash the checks his mouth was writing during OTA's when the real games start... I'll be a big fan.

I like the cocky attitude being added to the mix of our young WR's. An attitude adjustment has been needed for far too long at that position. If nothing else, I hope that Britt competing with our young guys will speed up their development and build up their confidence.
And make our DB's better!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With Britt's physicality DB's will hate playing against him. Even on running plays the DB's will be looking for him. That helps the Rams win the mental game.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Him coming in on "the cheap" is one of the best reasons I liked the signing. If he works out ... GOLD MINE ... if not .... well they were gonna stick with the young guys anyways. His age is a +, He has skillz ... just needs to grow up and stay healthy.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Sadly I think it also speaks volumes of how poorly the Rams develop WRs of their own. For all the draft picks used at that position, none have really jumped out.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Stay healthy and catch the damn ball and then tell Brian Quick where he needs to be and then small investment will pay huge dividends.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
A healthy, focused Kenny Britt has the athletic ability to be a top five receiver in terms of yardage and touchdowns in the NFL. We haven't seen it yet, and I don't know if we are going to. But it's there beneath the knee injury and the off the field issues and the mental miscues. The kid has as much talent as Dez Bryant. He just hasn't shown it.

Irish

Starter
Last season Britt would just give up on plays, especially when there was the threat of a safety coming over the top and doubling him. Watch Locker's game tape from last year, and you will notice on several occassions the ball sailing over everyone's head when Britt is 15+ yards past the LOS, but if you watch Britt's game film, you will see him "fight" (I use that term very, very loosely) through press coverage, get some separation, and then as the deep safety comes over the top, he almost quits on the route entirely as the ball harmlessly sails over his head and plops down on the field without a soul within 5 yards of it.

Locker caught a lot of grief early in the season, and a ton of it had to do with Britt pulling shenanigans like these that led to his decreased playing time.

Most guys I will give the benefit of the doubt, but not Britt. If we are 5 weeks into the season and he starts pulling the same stunts, well, lets just say tiger's don't change their stripes. Britt is going to have to bring it big time this year to save his pro football career.