Clay Johnston - Inside the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
What's interesting about Clay is that because of his late season injury in 2019 they had little to work with other than their scout's notes and game vids. That said I can see another situation like with Rapp where they turned to analytics to confirm the game vids and fill in the gaps. The timed speeds listed on sites like draft scout are hard to fathom. Where did they get the numbers especially his timed speed? You watch his game film and he isn't as slow as it would be reflected if he was indeed as slow as they list. Although you never see him in man coverage, only zone, he plays it well much like Littleton. From his game film, I think he is quicker than Littleton though it's hard to tell. He's good at reading the play quickly and though he lacks some explosion in his reactions, he's still quick to the ball.

I think Kiser will be the starting MIKE barring injury, but I feel the Rams grabbed some quality depth behind him in Clay.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Are people expecting him to make the team? I assumed he was just a guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's hard to imagine him not doing a good job on teams, so I'd think he will get a full look. Be indisposable on teams. That's where I'd start.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Are people expecting him to make the team? I assumed he was just a guy.

A Baylor was in the National Championship picture until he got hurt ? That said who knows what the future holds.

He reminds me of a young London Fletcher to tell the truth.

He also comes from a excellent football back ground.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Seems like people think highly of him and Anchrum too, but who knows what to expect from late rounders.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seems like people think highly of him and Anchrum too, but who knows what to expect from late rounders.

Well when the lights turn on, I believe the stage will not be to bright for Clay Johnson.
Just the fact Farve & Weedle is pretty cool. A nice trend for The Rams.