CJ Anderson retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
CJ was a monster as a late-season pick-up, gaining 299 yards in the last 2 games of 2018.

Then Anderson went off for 123 yards in the playoff win vs Dallas. IMHO he was a stronger RB than Gurley that day.

But his career fizzled in Detroit in 2019, and now he’s retired.

CJ was a wrecking ball for us in late 2018, and now all of a sudden he’s done. Weird.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm eager to hear his take someday on how things were that year in the RB backfield with TG as they finished that stretch run to the Super Bowl. I suspect TG wasn't happy having another back like him and/or sharing carries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm eager to hear his take someday on how things were that year in the RB backfield with TG as they finished that stretch run to the Super Bowl. I suspect TG wasn't happy having another back like him and/or sharing carries.

Oooh... yeah, interesting.

He‘s 29... I guess he wasn’t getting calls anymore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oooh... yeah, interesting.

He‘s 29... I guess he wasn’t getting calls anymore.
I suspect that window of success went to his head. It just makes sense to me given the Rams knowing that TG was degrading quickly and how good CJ looked in this offense. Have to think if he had signed something cheap he might have become our bell cow last season.

My guess is that he wanted to be the guy. He did mention that btw on a postseason tweet. But he should have just stayed in an offense that fit him so well IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I wish him nothing but the best of luck. He was the only reason we went as far as we did.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Good downhill runner, but somewhat 1 dimensional in skillet, where receiving is becoming more and more important for RB. If it was the 80s , he would still be on still be on a team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm a big fan of the old thunder & lightening RB combo. Tried and true formula. Would have been nice to throw a healthy focused TG and CJ at the Patriots.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any RB that makes Skip Bayless cry like a little girl is pretty damn fantastic. Thanks CJ!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He outplayed Gurley when he was here, he ran HARD and got results. Then Gurly pouted and didn't want to play anymore after that. But if not for Anderson, we wouldn't have got to the SB that year.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
CJ simply had what TG had lost. Burst. Too bad, because who didn't love Todd when he had it all?