Chris Long going to be traded?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
With the NFL draft coming and not knowing how it's going to play out obviously with the Texans controlling the draft with who they take but 'if' they take a QB with the #1 pick and CLowney is given to us, I don't see Les and Jeff passing on him TBH. If this is the scenerio that plays out I envision Chris Long and his contract will be destined to be traded maybe not right away but maybe before the trade deadline or at the end of the season. It's wierd to imagine isn't it? I'm thinking a nice compensation pick for him would follow and cap relief as well since he is one of the higher paid players on our roster and Clowney would be on a rookie scale.

Any thoughts?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't like to think about it but anything is possible.

Trade a player who 2 out of the last 3 years has had 10+ sacks and was carrying an injury last year so only got 8.5 sacks, and replace him with a rookie, if Clowney wasn't to work out I think that would top the Jason Smith pick in terms of awfulness.

V3

Hall of Fame
Would it even be possible to trade him with his contract and our lack of cap space?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
uh_no_decal.jpg

We really need to get this draft over with

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He can't be traded this season because it would be financially irresponsible ($17m+ in dead money). Next year he could *theoretically* be traded, but I don't see why the Rams would want to do that. Of course anything is possible though. He'd yield a nice compensation package in return if they tried to deal him before the 2015 draft. Of course all of that is predicated on them taking Clowney.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Unless we're getting huge compensation, I wouldn't even consider trading C. Long. Even if Clowney was the best guy in this draft, you make a winner by fixing the holes you have, not by punching new ones in the ship.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would rather move him inside to DT. His dad was pretty good there, or so I hear. . . . .

I think a line of Quinn, Long, Brockers and Clowney would be awesome!

A55VA6

Legend
No way in hell we'd trade him. He's a great pro, loyal Ram, and having him, Clowney, Quinn, etc would only make our d-line very good at all times.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No way in hell we'd trade him. He's a great pro, loyal Ram, and having him, Clowney, Quinn, etc would only make our d-line very good at all times.
Any chance they'd be called the 'Fearsome Foursome v2' ?

A55VA6

Legend
Can't break up The Thunderstorm, AKA, Black Lightning and White Thunder!

But yeah seriously.. Chris Long puts his heart and soul into every game. You see it in his eyes, his facial expressions. Hope he's a Ram until he decides to hang up the cleats.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If there's one player that deserves to be on the Rams for the rest of his career, it's Chris Long. He is as great a teammate, player and person as you can get. His leadership, his spirit, his passion, his work ethic...those things cannot be replaced.