Chris Johnson / Daryl Richardson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Are these players clones of each other?

Both are break away runners.

Both get yards off of blocks.

Both don't get much after contact.

CJ has really dropped off from the league's elite. He's not there anymore. Richardson, to me, is a very similar style runner.

Thoughts?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Except C.J. actually breaks away. Every time Richardson touches the ball, I wait for him to hit a crease and take one to the house. But for whatever reason, it never happens. You can see the potential there, but ... never happens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Except C.J. actually breaks away. Every time Richardson touches the ball, I wait for him to hit a crease and take one to the house. But for whatever reason, it never happens. You can see the potential there, but ... never happens.

CJ > DR. No question.

But; they are very similar IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I *thought* that C.J. would have more yards after contact than Daryl, but that appears to not be the case.
1.49 - Johnson
1.61 - Richardson

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Richardson could be a great weapon. Run him outside. Run some screens, wheel routes. All good uses for him.

Monday night Shott stuck him in and tried to run him the exact same way as ZS. Square peg in a round hole coaching job IMO.

iced

Chris Johnson to me is like having an olympic sprinter in the back field. He'll go down easy if you get your hands on him, but if he gets a crease, he's gone. thankfully the titan o-line isn't that impressive and CJ rarely makes something out of nothing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Are these players clones of each other?

Both are break away runners.

Both get yards off of blocks.

Both don't get much after contact.

CJ has really dropped off from the league's elite. He's not there anymore. Richardson, to me, is a very similar style runner.

Thoughts?

I thought this the first time I saw him. And playing for Fisher really brought it out for me. Sure, I think CJ is probably a bit more talented but definitely the same style of back. It seems though DR's instinct is to run between the hash marks even when he breaks through the line of scrimmage where CJ seems to seek an outlet to run down the numbers outside which I wish DR would start seeking out more often.

V3

Hall of Fame
CJ's speed is what makes them different. DR isn't nearly as fast as CJ was in his prime. Their other attributes are pretty close but CJ's speed is what made him a premier RB for a while. DR won't be a premier RB. Not bad for a complimentary runner, though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Both black. Both have dreads. Both just under six foot. Both just about 200 lbs.

Johnson is a bit faster and has more of a proven track record.

But yes...similar skill sets and appearance. Neither are guys I want to focus my offense around...more complimentary runners IMO.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
CJ's speed is what makes them different. DR isn't nearly as fast as CJ was in his prime. Their other attributes are pretty close but CJ's speed is what made him a premier RB for a while. DR won't be a premier RB. Not bad for a complimentary runner, though.

I can really only remember the ONE season the Johnson was the talk of the town. He's left a lot to be desired since then.

V3

Hall of Fame
I can really only remember the ONE season the Johnson was the talk of the town. He's left a lot to be desired since then.

CJ has had a few good years. 1200-1300 yards is a good season. I was simply saying that the main reason he was effective those years is because he could rely on his speed to get around the edges or shoot through holes. I think his speed is starting to leave him so he's trailing off. His O-line isn't as good as it was so that could be a factor as well.

jjab360

Legend
It's like Greg Cosell said, Chris Johnson just doesn't break many tackles but if he gets enough open field he's taking it the distance.

Richardson is a similar back to Johnson in that he doesn't break tackles and he's around the same size, but he doesn't have Johnson's speed and he doesn't have Johnson's vision. Unfortunately, those are the only two things that actually make CJ2K special.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
The speed difference is huge after watching today. He looks like he has two notches above DRich

jjab360

Legend
After the run D stepping up two weeks in a row, it looks like we're back to giving running backs their best game of the season again.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not using DR on the edge at all is just horrible scheming. Two RB sets and using DR correctly could set the running game on fire IMHO. It would be a nice setup in short and goal to go situations too.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This isn't even a discussion. Actually if you bring it up in public in a non-Rams forum you will get laughed out.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If Stacy is going to have a long and productive career, he needs someone to help carry the load. Richardson is the closest thing we have to the lightning to Stacy's thunder at the moment but he needs to get better (and/or be used better by Schotty)