China??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Im not on board with the idea but if they do it the teams that play in China should have a bye the following week.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Well, getting a tiny percentage of the audience in China is likely worth more than a larger percentage of the audience in most countries.

If that is true, I would question whether that's sustainable in the long run, won't go into socio-political-economic details there but based on the NFL's decision to expand to China, it's all on the notion of C.R.E.A.M.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
If that is true, I would question whether that's sustainable in the long run, won't go into socio-political-economic details there but based on the NFL's decision to expand to China, it's all on the notion of C.R.E.A.M.
I've no doubt that it's a short term endeavor, but I don't see how it hurts the franchise in the long run?

It would seem foolish for them not to try to capture that market.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I've no doubt that it's a short term endeavor, but I don't see how it hurts the franchise in the long run?

It would seem foolish for them not to try to capture that market.

I don’t have any issues tapping into the Chinese market per se, I have issues with that market imposing their political beliefs on an American organization (see Darrel Morey and Mesut Özil’s recent remarks and the backlash it caused)

I just hope it’s a short term gig that can easily be severed if things go south

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
China is a political nightmare for the NFL.

This just happened in China

So, now, it's apparently okay to jail foreign nationals for posting on social media when NOT in the country (the student posted much of this stuff 6 months before he arrived in China).

This would mean that the NFL and the NFLPA would need to do a full forensic analysis of EVERY player's social media prior to going to China or have a player risk detention and prison terms for acts not made in China.

There have been all sorts of bananas stuff various countries have done over the years, but this whole, "hey, you know back then...in a place we have no jurisdiction... you said some stuff about the Dear Leader? Yeah, you're gonna have go to Chinese jail now..."

F all of that. Been to China and it's amazing to visit, but I wouldn't go back. Not with all of this going on.

It's insane.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Coronavirus

That's happening right now. That alone should be enough to keep anyone from wanting to travel over there for any reason.

I know Rapp has a China visit and some Play 60 camps set to run over there this offseason. I sure hope that Coronavirus hasn't gone full epidemic or anything close to that if he is still heading over.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
China is a political nightmare for the NFL.

This just happened in China

So, now, it's apparently okay to jail foreign nationals for posting on social media when NOT in the country (the student posted much of this stuff 6 months before he arrived in China).

This would mean that the NFL and the NFLPA would need to do a full forensic analysis of EVERY player's social media prior to going to China or have a player risk detention and prison terms for acts not made in China.

There have been all sorts of bananas stuff various countries have done over the years, but this whole, "hey, you know back then...in a place we have no jurisdiction... you said some stuff about the Dear Leader? Yeah, you're gonna have go to Chinese jail now..."

F all of that. Been to China and it's amazing to visit, but I wouldn't go back. Not with all of this going on.

It's insane.
You need to get with the program, comrade! ~ Dear Leader Goodell

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want to be open minded about things.

What I don’t like, the game seems to becoming less intimate in some ways. Fans and franchise less committed to each other.

Teams have been moving around of late. International games. You see the “commitment erosion” on display when a team is playing poorly.

Some fans stop showing up.

It seems to grow the NFL, the trade is more casual fans... fewer insane fans. The commitment being the difference.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coronavirus

That's happening right now. That alone should be enough to keep anyone from wanting to travel over there for any reason.

I know Rapp has a China visit and some Play 60 camps set to run over there this offseason. I sure hope that Coronavirus hasn't gone full epidemic or anything close to that if he is still heading over.

Is this "their" solution to climate change? Spread a disease that can kill half the population in the world? All these movies from Hollywood have been gearing us up for the inevitable.

Maybe a trial run.

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
I've said this plenty of times in the past when China comes up.

Show me a time slot in China that works for the US audience.

It's nigh on impossible to make that work at all.

Edit Beijing is 13 hours ahead of New York, 16 hours ahead of LA .

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It's the NFL which stands for National Football League and should stay in the USA. This is all about our dumb arse commissioner, you know that guy who speaks with a foreign ascent, trying to make it the world football league. What's the bottom line? More Money.

fearsomefour

Legend
Is this "their" solution to climate change? Spread a disease that can kill half the population in the world? All these movies from Hollywood have been gearing us up for the inevitable.

Maybe a trial run.

At least that would stand a chance of doing something.