Chargers sign Nelson Spruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/15/chargers-sign-nelson-spruce/

Chargers sign Nelson Spruce
Posted by Josh Alper on May 15, 2018

gettyimages-830911008-e1526387442792.jpg

Getty Images

The Chargers made an addition to their wide receiver group on Monday.

The team announced that they have signed Nelson Spruce to their 90-man roster. Spruce worked out for the team earlier in the day.

Spruce’s signing brings him back to Los Angeles, although not with the team he played for during his first stint in the city. Spruce signed with the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2016 and spent time on the active roster without getting into any games. He was waived last September and spent time on the Bears practice squad and the Chiefs offseason roster before landing with the Chargers.

Spruce, who holds most University of Colorado receiving records of note, joins a group fronted by Keenan Allen, Tyrell Williams, Mike Williams and Travis Benjamin. They also drafted Dylan Cantrell in the sixth round this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Still think he can play at this level as a possession receiver. There's worse out there on teams' rosters that's for sure.

So congrats to him, but now I officially dislike him and hope the Rams' DBs knock the bejeesus outta him when the teams meet in September.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really liked Spruce, I wish him well, except when he plays us of course!(y);):D

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope he makes it . He just had bad timing with the Rams .

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that drive against the cowboys in preseason was fun to watch though.

TexasRam

Legend
What do you get when you cross a bolt of lighting with an unstoppable force?

Spruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope he does really well over there, but the team does really bad.
Chargers lost 4 or 5 games by 3 points or less...I'd blame at least 3 of them directly on their kicker....

They have a good lil team at the moment....

and

they had a really good draft.

I loved that FS/SS Derwin James...he went 17th....I think....I thought, had we stayed at 21, we'd have a shot at him....Oh well...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FIFY Gabe!

Plus he had that injury thing....

but

40's matter

Hey buddy , you're putting words in my mouth. What I meant was after 10 years the Rams finally had a couple good receivers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@den-the-coach

While not like McVay.....something about that head coach....I bet Kromer could tell some stories about him....Leader of men....I get....just a feeling....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope he does really well over there, but the team does really bad.
Likewise but it would be really cool to have an all LA Super Bowl.

Chargers were my second favorite team but the whole stadium sharing thing pisses me off. Better than the Raiduhs though. The LA Raiduh fans are a bunch of gangbangers.