Chargers moving on from Phillip Rivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like our renters will be in the market for a new QB. With the issues they have on the OLine and health all around this is an interesting move. Granted when I saw him last year he looked done.

View: https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1221872577989079040

I want the Renters to lose, and to lose badly. I want Inglewood to be an empty cavern for their games, except for 15,000 opposing fans. Spanos, CHINA awaits your relocation!

fearsomefour

Legend
I always enjoyed watching Rivers play.
I also enjoyed his in your face smack talking attitude....which I usually don’t like....I only enjoyed him doing it because he doesnt curse.

fearsomefour

Legend
I want the Renters to lose, and to lose badly. I want Inglewood to be an empty cavern for their games, except for 15,000 opposing fans. Spanos, CHINA awaits your relocation!
I’m telling you, Tijuana.
The Commish gets his dream of an “international” team.
It will draw the San Diego loyalists.
Spanos can supplement his income with the occasional kidnapping of Charger fans to held for ransom.
An ass for an owner and a donkey show at halftime.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good for him. Hope he can scrape a few good years together somewhere else lol.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Naw, Detroit will be trading MS and drafting Tua or Hubbert (Sp?)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Spanos will trade a couple of firsts for Wolford? (and a 6th) ~Les Snead doing a "what if?"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Five Potential Replacements For Philip Rivers in Los Angeles

Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers appear headed for a final breakup after 16 seasons. So who will be the first person besides Rivers to start at quarterback for the Chargers since 2005? There are some decent options, but first the Chargers might consider a familiar face.

1. Philip Rivers
What if the reports of Rivers' demise in Los Angeles are premature? Sure, he's living in Florida with his family, but the Chargers play at Tampa Bay and Miami this coming season so that's two extra opportunities to see the all his kids right there. Plus, he can afford some extra childcare to help his wife for the four months the season lasts.

2. Tom Brady
Would people pay to see Tom Brady on a regular basis outside of New England? Would the league's seventh-leading passer be enough to get people to watch live football in Los Angeles? Well, that's apparently the plan. Rivers is only a couple years younger than Brady and he was the league's fourth-leading passer this season, so it's unclear how much of an upgrade it would be from a football perspective.

3. Dak Prescott
Dak had a really good year and somebody really has to pay him. He was second in passing last season and fourth in touchdown passes. He is the best longterm play for the Chargers and with a nice big paycheck he'd be happy to be the face of a football franchise in Los Angeles.

4. Jameis Winston
The most exciting choice. Winston is a willing passer to a fault. The NFL's only 5,000 yard passer last season had 33 touchdown passes and 30 interceptions. Rivers threw 20 picks last season. If you can get Winston down to that level of turnover proficiency, you've got yourself a decent quarterback situation.

5. Teddy Bridgewater
With Drew Brees considering retirement and Taysom Hill the apple of the Saints' eye, Teddy Bridgewater, who actually filled in for Brees while he was injured this season, is the odd man out. Bridgewater was a Pro Bowler who quarterbacked a team to the playoffs before he got hurt. He had a very nice run while Brees was out and deserves a shot to start somewhere.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brady to Los Angeles & Philip Rivers to Indianapolis as the Colts have some potential although I could see the Colts making a move for Matthew Stafford too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tampa on a 2 year deal, and develop other???

maybe like Kurt Warner’s last couple season ?? He did have fire. At training camp Tru Johnson was an asshole. Jacked a Charger up late & stood over him. My video didn’t work. Saw the whole thing with Rivers running to get in there with support of a teammate.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Im a fan of Rivers, but he's done. He can't lob the ball 40 yards past the LOS. It's only going to get worse. I doubt anyone takes him on as their starter and I doubt he'll take a backup job somewhere as he's one prideful dude. I wish he could have won a SB at some point tho, he's as hard of a worker as any top 5 QB.

Ram65

Legend
How about the Titans? Get him a couple of more WRs and resign Henry. He needs to go to a team that is ready to contend. Colts are another one.

DVontel

Rookie
Rivers is one of the most overrated QBs ever to me, but I think he’ll gut it out 1 more year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
How to fix the Chargers:

1. Sell team to someone who is very wealthy outside of football.
2. Move team back to San Diego
4. Profit!