CBS Sports Fantasy Football Today: Rams 2014 Preview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

The CBS Sports’ Fantasy Football Today crew breaks down the best Fantasy options for the St. Louis Rams. They are high on Zac Stacy, but have some concern about Mason taking carries away from him. They like what Sam Bradford’s numbers projected for a full season last year. They have doubts about whether Austin will be used correctly this year and they aren’t buying into Kenny Britt or Jared Cook. The say Chris Givens could be a sleeper. The Rams defense and special teams could be special. (4:48)

RamzFanz

Damnit
As an impartial FF coach, I would call BS on some of that.

1) Bradford will start for a FF team. No one is going to have him on the bench with his projected numbers.
2) TA may not be better than a 3 as a receiver based on his first season but that's only if you don't also score on run plays/yardage and ST. This is the subtlety of FF that you don't get from numbers. He's explosive, he's not a rookie anymore, Sam is back, Rams have a run game, the blocking will help him too on run plays. Although, with Bailey out, if no other WR appears to be breaking out, TAs value go down. He's not a one man show.
3) Britt would absolutely be a late sleeper steal IF he looks good in TC and plays well in PS. If you aren't taking a flyer on a potential number one producer, who will you? He's done it in the past under Fisher, he loves where he is, the job is his to take with little competition, and Bradford is excellent going vertical when the opportunity is there.
4) If you grab Zac, you grab Tre late. Zac gets hurt, Tre could become instant money.
5) With the lack of play making TEs in the league, Cook could be quite the value. He was 11th in the league last season.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just real quick i think they brushed over Cunny at RB too quickly. He could be an excellent #3 or #4 back for your FF team. A bye week type guy.
Also Jared Cook(if you're in a TE mandatory league) is a quality 2nd tier pick.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Just real quick i think they brushed over Cunny at RB too quickly. He could be an excellent #3 or #4 back for your FF team. A bye week type guy.
Also Jared Cook(if you're in a TE mandatory league) is a quality 2nd tier pick.
I like this! Cook was my 2 TE last year. I'll keep BC in mind when the time comes!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Oh man the Rams and my fantasy team... I tried not to favor them but I hate seeing our guys on other teams so I ended up grabing more than I planned. Before i knew it I finished with the defense, Greg the leg, Stacy, Austin, Cook, and Bradford.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
There are few fantasy RBs that compare to Zac Stacy this year. I'd say you have LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Adrain Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and then a tie at 5th between Stacy and Eddie Lacy. Mason is a 4th option RB and I don't expect Cunningham to have enough carries to make a splash in fantasy.

As for QB, they are on the money. Bradford is a bench guy depending on the matchup. Personally, I stay clear of QBs that have to play in the NFC West anyway. A backup like Cutler has a ton of weapons and therefore has more upside.

Tight end is simple. Cook is a late round flier if you choose to neglect TE but I wouldn't wait. TE has the highest value behind RB because there is a serious drop off. Jordan Cameron will surprise people, I'm sure of it.

At WR, Tavon is a late round steal but I wouldn't gamble on the others. Britt seems like he is going to be one of those highly inconsistent players that you can never get a read on and Givens hasn't been himself for too long.

Rams defense is my #2 choice behind the steroid pigeons if you are in a league that tallies sacks as points. A lot of people will pick up the 49ers, Cardinals, or Panthers ahead of the Rams D for some reason but it's a mistake.

Well, guess I won't play any of you this year in fantasy because now you know my secrets :whistle:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'd imagine Tavon would be the hottest thing going in any league that counted return TDs.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
bump:
Yo ROD peeps...are we going to have a ROD only FF league this year? Anyone want to run it? Its getting to be that time of the year!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have been in quite a few FF leagues 2-3 teams a year and from what I have seen from people and their take on the Rams I would say only Stacy and our D are potential top 15 selections at their positions maybe GZ sneaks in, with Cook and T.A being the next in line. Just a guess from experience, I hope this years bring attention to some others.