Cardinal Week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is a very big game.

Arizona got handled in their last game. They are 1-2 and they haven't looked like they fit the big britches that the national media made for them in the pre season.

Its always fun watching these teams play one another - and right now, there isn't a team I'd like to beat more than the Arizona Cardinals.

Looking forward to seeing updates on the status of Evan Mathis and Michael Floyd through the week. I want to beat them at their best and all - but really, I just want to beat them.

We need to get to Palmer early and often - he needs to feel like he is too old for the NFL by midway thru the first quarter. David Johnson needs to be contained at all costs.

These guys are beatable and if the Rams want to be for real this year - they have to show up for games like this.

I'm looking for Gurley to really get going this week.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need to get to Palmer early and often - he needs to feel like he is too old for the NFL by midway thru the first quarter.
The Rams usually do Pound the Crap out of Ariz. QB's!! Just Sayin'!:snicker::shades::cheers:

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
This is a very big game.

Arizona got handled in their last game. They are 1-2 and they haven't looked like they fit the big britches that the national media made for them in the pre season.

Its always fun watching these teams play one another - and right now, there isn't a team I'd like to beat more than the Arizona Cardinals.

Looking forward to seeing updates on the status of Evan Mathis and Michael Floyd through the week. I want to beat them at their best and all - but really, I just want to beat them.

We need to get to Palmer early and often - he needs to feel like he is too old for the NFL by midway thru the first quarter. David Johnson needs to be contained at all costs.

These guys are beatable and if the Rams want to be for real this year - they have to show up for games like this.

I'm looking for Gurley to really get going this week.
Great post bro! Couldn't agree with you more. we have to show for this game...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Cardinals are bringing in 9 players to look at this week. Sounds like their confidence has officially waned.

Let's hope they can't find a decent punter!

Punter Drew Butler aggravated an ankle injury he suffered in the season opener Sunday and was unable to punt for the majority of the game. Kicker Chandler Catanzaro, who hadn’t punted in a real game since high school, was forced into action and averaged only 33 yards on two punts.

And yes, @tavian, while 9th in overall defense, they are 28th in run defense. I hope to see a ton of Gurley, Bam Bam, and a heaping spoonful of TA getting handed the ball. And by heaping spoonful, I mean at least 7, preferably 10.

Could someone please tweet Fisher and tell him they have a player on the team with a 8.2 YPC career average? If they keep up with this less than 2 carries a game, my head is going to explode. He's playing WR better (kind of)? Great. So we should throw away his rushing plays? WTH?!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Cardinals are bringing in 9 players to look at this week. Sounds like their confidence has officially waned.

Let's hope they can't find a decent punter!

Punter Drew Butler aggravated an ankle injury he suffered in the season opener Sunday and was unable to punt for the majority of the game. Kicker Chandler Catanzaro, who hadn’t punted in a real game since high school, was forced into action and averaged only 33 yards on two punts.

And yes, @tavian, while 9th in overall defense, they are 28th in run defense. I hope to see a ton of Gurley, Bam Bam, and a heaping spoonful of TA getting handed the ball. And by heaping spoonful, I mean at least 7, preferably 10.

Could someone please tweet Fisher and tell him they have a player on the team with a 8.2 YPC career average? If they keep up with this less than 2 carries a game, my head is going to explode. He's playing WR better (kind of)? Great. So we should throw away his rushing plays? WTH?!

giphy.gif
I don't think we'll ever see Tavon get too many carries. He's not built for taking the pounding that a NFL RB takes every week. His 8.2 avg is because he is not used too much that way. I could stand to see his carries per game maybe double though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't think we'll ever see Tavon get too many carries. He's not built for taking the pounding that a NFL RB takes every week. His 8.2 avg is because he is not used too much that way. I could stand to see his carries per game maybe double though.
Tavon is a tough runner. He's a big 185 lbs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theringer.com/nfl-week-3-recap-philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz-30c5a722e13e#.6c3rvolfb

The Cardinals Have Cause for Concern

It sounds strange to say that a game that featured zero passing touchdowns and four interceptions could have gone worse for Arizona’s offense, but I promise: Sunday’s loss to the Bills could have been uglier.

A week after making the Jets’ Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Dan Marino, Buffalo’s defense dismantled the Cardinals en route to a 33–18 drubbing. Carson Palmer threw all four of his equally awful interceptions in the fourth quarter, but his picks weren’t simply a product of late-game desperation.

Bills safety Corey Graham, responsible for one of those four, dropped what should have been another interception when Palmer tried to wedge a deep pass between two defenders to Michael Floyd in the first quarter. Stephon Gilmore, who looked more like the star we knew in 2015 than he did against the Jets, recorded two picks but easily could’ve had a couple more.

Even worse for head coach Bruce Arians’s team was the thrashing that the Bills’ front seven handed the Cards offensive line. Defensive tackle Kyle Williams now owns a condo in the Arizona backfield — nothing lavish, but a nice, modern space that should be perfect for weekend winter getaways.

Williams roasted center A.Q. Shipley and backup guard Earl Watford for most of the game, and Buffalo peppered the right side of the Cardinals line with a series of stunts and blitzes. Palmer was sacked five times and hit four more as Watford and right tackle D.J. Humphries (making his third career start) struggled to handle all of the moving pieces on the Bills defense.

Arizona’s deep-strike offense is doomed if those leaks up front continue, but its concerns go beyond the line. Defenses are daring Arizona to beat them underneath, and so far this season Palmer hasn’t proven that he can.

Credit Buffalo coach Rex Ryan for recognizing what’s worked against the Cardinals and deploying more of the same. Arizona is too talented to stay down for long, but the seams of its offense — a rigidity in approach and weak points along the line — are beginning to show.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...oo-many-young-guys-are-doing-their-own-thing/

Bruce Arians: Too many young guys are doing their own thing
Posted by Josh Alper on September 28, 2016

610398806-e1475059651979.jpg
Getty Images

The Cardinals are 1-2 after getting thumped by the Bills last Sunday, leaving coach Bruce Arians to say that the “biggest thing is be honest and identify problems” with the team that can be corrected before the record gets any worse.

Arians made that comment on Sirius XM NFL Radio during an appearance with Alex Marvez and Bill Polian and he also revealed one of the problems that he’s identified with the team.

“We have some really, really good leaders,” Arians said. “But to be a good leader, the others have to follow you. We’ve got a lot of young guys. We have some new faces that are doing their own thing and not following the example set by these guys. And it’s a two-way street. They can only lead you to water, but you’ve got to drink it. And some of these young guys have got to get out of old habits and get in with the Cardinal Way.”

The Cardinals haven’t scored in the first quarter this season and they’ve also struggled coming out of the locker room in the third quarter in their two losses, two things that could be attributed to a lower level of focus than Arians might like from his team. There are more tangible things to point to, including an offense that might have too many eggs in the long pass basket, and working on both fronts will be the route back to a winning record.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Exactly. They've dropped his best plays. Not only that but if he's getting less than 2 a game, he's not even a valid diversion for TG.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I would prefer that Evan Mathis stay home. He is smart and strong enough to make the Rams pay in the run game. However, I would like every one else to play for the Cards, until Palmer goes down of course, because you can't play for ever at his age...and he needs a vacation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arians ain't gonna admit it, but Carson's gettin old. His prized deep passing efficiency might see a continuing downward trend this season if Carson's shelf life is running out. So here's hoping the Rams help him along.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got this guy at :
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/this-week-versus-the-rams.240624/page-3#post-3396595
Who challenged me to a bet, which maybe you guys could help me with...The bet is that he gives me 10 points, and If either loses, they can't post after the game, and not for two weeks afterwards. If I lose, isn't it easier for me not to go back and face a hostile/gloating crowd? If I win, then it will be a ghost town over there because their world is crushed after reality sets in that they suck. :wtf:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I got this guy at :
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/this-week-versus-the-rams.240624/page-3#post-3396595
Who challenged me to a bet, which maybe you guys could help me with...The bet is that he gives me 10 points, and If either loses, they can't post after the game, and not for two weeks afterwards. If I lose, isn't it easier for me not to go back and face a hostile/gloating crowd? If I win, then it will be a ghost town over there because their world is crushed after reality sets in that they suck. :wtf:
"This should be an easy win for the Cardinals. I don't think Arians will let his team lose to a Case Keenum led team."

You mean as opposed to losing to a Tyrod Taylor or Jimmy Garappolo led team?

That site will not approve my membership (twice now), and I think I know why.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
"This should be an easy win for the Cardinals. I don't think Arians will let his team lose to a Case Keenum led team."

:sneaky: Good one. Brucie beret boy sure "lets" he boys lose a lot for a guy who can't stand losing. I'm sure he won't let Quinn or Donald knock Palmer into an early retirement though...(n)....right?

:burp: Sure was nice of him to let a Nick Foles led Rams come into his house and kick him in the nuts last year.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the guts of the site is similar to this site. As for the moderation, I have not encountered any resistance to my being there, but I also have not pushed the rules that much (calling another poster names, cussing, etc..). It's ok I guess.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wow....Maybe I applied early enough, and they closed the electronic door behind me? I will represent the Rams vigorously if we win..lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I responded: "Yet, he let a Nick Foles led team, beat them last year? suuure."

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From Rams practice yesterday: Quinn has been working on a new pass rush move for this week.
200.gif