Cam Akers all-time list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First off dumb post in a way. Sky is always the limit though & 2021 is a New beginning in THE NFL ERA!!

As a Rams Fan The RB position has been a GREAT part of RAMS HISTORY.

Google who is the greatest single season RUSHER ???

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I stick to my silly prediction that Cam Akers from FLORIDA ST. will be the All-Time leading rusher.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m a draft-Nik from the Past. I love how GREAT The RAMS are DRAFTING players.

Actually it. AMAZES me with LES SNEAD!!! The Rams roster should be The Youngest again in The NFL.

Siri - Alexa. — Google - Which team had the Youngest Roster in 20- teens ? 2010 to 2020 ???? Good question!!
Wonder the average age of The Rams roster then & what it is in 2021.which has yet to be Established.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyway, now more of a bit of a Draft or NFL historian I Believe this draft class could have The ALL-Time LEAdING RUSHER ?? I know -dumb

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz. Couldn't all of that have been summed up nicely in a single, well worded paragra.....oh nevermind. You do you So Ram.

It's obviously a pretty ridiculous statement to make, but sure. Why not. Go Cam the Ram!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well - I’m not sure where Cam Akers will be t the End of 2021. Hard to predict. E.D. #29 will hate the end of a NFL season though, now more than ever.The cool thing is in his modern day know one will ever be better for that ONE Season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lolz. Couldn't all of that have been summed up nicely in a single, well worded paragra.....oh nevermind. You do you So Ram.

It's obviously a pretty ridiculous statement to make, but sure. Why not. Go Cam the Ram!!!
Thanks FacePlant.I’m always try to be on a forward dive.However we get there in the end. I could go on just about that,but won’t bore you.Hope your Weekend was good & the short week gets you to this weekend faster so you have some cool chill time. Peace

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Injuries is what concern me. Not talent.

agree ,but you look at RB’s now vs 20 plus years ago.Knee injuries heal faster & surgeries are amazing.

Todd Gurley to me should’ve never played in the NFL.His hit was a career ending type.Was surprised The Rams drafted him at #10 overall & the career he has had.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Akers has a long way to go before he reaches the Big Three. Dickerson, Faulk, Jackson. Those are the three he's got to beat, and while he's young, there's no guarantee we keep him longer than his rookie deal. And that's not even mentioning guys like Henderson poaching carries.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
Well I stick to my silly prediction that Cam Akers from FLORIDA ST. will be the All-Time leading rusher.
Um, Dickerson rookie season. Still the record. Next season, all time record, still stands. Going to be tough.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Akers? I'll settle for "Just give us a few good years until we need a replacement." What's the shelf life on a RB?

Prior to 2016, here were the top 5 RBs in rushing yards from 2014-2015

2,547 DeMarco Murray
2,214 LeSean McCoy
2,073 Frank Gore
1,971 Lamar Miller
1,936 Matt Forte

Prior to 2017 (2015-16)

2,162 LeSean McCoy
2,135 Devonta Freeman
1,992 Frank Gore
1,989 DeMarco Murray
1,911 Todd Gurley

Prior to 2018 (2016-17)

2,614 Ezekiel Elliott
2,559 Le’Veon Bell
2,435 Jordan Howard
2,405 LeSean McCoy
2,190 Todd Gurley

Prior to 2019 (2017-18)

2,556 Todd Gurley
2,417 Ezekiel Elliott
2,151 Kareem Hunt
2,057 Jordan Howard
1,990 Melvin Gordon

Prior to 2020 (2018-2019)

2,791 Ezekiel Elliott
2,599 Derrick Henry
2,490 Nick Chubb
2,485 Christian McCaffrey
2,381 Chris Carson

Here's what that last group did in 2020......

Henry 2027
Chubb 1067
Elliot 979
Carson 681
McCaffrey 225

The top 5?

1.Derrick Henry • TEN2027
2.Dalvin Cook • MIN1557
3.Jonathan Taylor • IND1169
4.Aaron Jones • GNB1104
5.David Montgomery • CHI1070
5.James Robinson • JAX1070

Not a long shelf life on RBs in the NFL. Add to that fact, there were 8 running backs with 1,000 yards rushing in 2020, the lowest since 2015 (7). From 2000 to 2014 the lowest number of 1,000 yard rushers was 13. The yearly average was 16.8. From 2015 to 2020 the high was 15 (2019) and only the 2nd time it was double digits. The average the last 6 years? 10.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Big Three. Dickerson, Faulk, Jackson

That‘s the bar to reach, for this franchise. :thumbsup1:

I'll settle for "Just give us a few good years until we need a replacement." What's the shelf life on a RB?

Man… as bad as this sounds, I’m not sure I want to pay another running back elite money.

I am definitely Gurley burned.

Therefore I am firmly in the running back by committee camp to keep that position fresh. Akers is our lead guy and every year we still need one of those.

But I am always adding running backs to ensure my by-committee approach can work.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think Akers will be special. He reminds of Lev Bell with his patience while running and how he sets up blockers. But IMO he's tougher than Bell (it was insane how he played on a high-ankle sprain - and dominated!) and also sets up his defenders better. Guys just can't seem to get an angle on him to execute a tackle. Bell was a tremendous back so you can see how high I am on Akers.

But he was already somewhat injury prone as a rookie, which is worrisome. No telling how that might derail him. Great talent, but I am not convinced his effectiveness will last long past his rookie deal. That on its own makes it hard to put him in the same class a Fault, Dickerson, etc. And those guys still seem a cut above, even just based on talent.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
To be recklessly optimistic he reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

He is almost the exact same size as ES. But it is a different ERA where players today are bigger, faster, stronger.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
To be recklessly optimistic he reminds me of Emmitt Smith.

He is almost the exact same size as ES. But it is a different ERA where players today are bigger, faster, stronger.

I thought like a Fred Taylor,but not as fast. Had such high hopes for Cam Akers in 2021.

Venturing back because he WILL be ready to help The Rams in a much needed run game.

Sony Michel will start to get his carries now that HENDO is hurt a little. Once that happens then came can start to get back into things slowly & work things around to Sony closing out games & Cam taking over games early with HENDO coming in to expose defenses.

I really like this group of RB’s & can see the light.Teams will have to game plan a lot different all together.

I’m also a Raheem Morris Fan & think The Rams defense is going to start to PEEK!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Akers will be special. He reminds of Lev Bell with his patience while running and how he sets up blockers. But IMO he's tougher than Bell (it was insane how he played on a high-ankle sprain - and dominated!) and also sets up his defenders better. Guys just can't seem to get an angle on him to execute a tackle. Bell was a tremendous back so you can see how high I am on Akers.

But he was already somewhat injury prone as a rookie, which is worrisome. No telling how that might derail him. Great talent, but I am not convinced his effectiveness will last long past his rookie deal. That on its own makes it hard to put him in the same class a Fault, Dickerson, etc. And those guys still seem a cut above, even just based on talent.

I like your post & think the opposite will happen. Funny how players get hurt.

I think the OMEN is Robert Woods injury just totally changes The Rams.
OBj & Cam Akers will really come together leading into The Playoffs.

I also believe Cam Akers will only be better for it come contract time in 2 years(seasons).

Both Woods & Akers getting hurt because of there Hard Work Ethic.
-Insane !!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
high-spirited-creepy-memes.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That‘s the bar to reach, for this franchise. :thumbsup1:

Man… as bad as this sounds, I’m not sure I want to pay another running back elite money.

I am definitely Gurley burned.

Therefore I am firmly in the running back by committee camp to keep that position fresh. Akers is our lead guy and every year we still need one of those.

But I am always adding running backs to ensure my by-committee approach can work.

Agree - I wanted D. Cooks to go with Gurley.

Honestly-If I was drafting for The Rams in 2017. I would have been able to draft.

D.Cooks
Cooper Kupp
George Kittle

Truth is Les Sneed did not believe in Mutiple RB’s back then.Now I think with Sean Mcvay that has changed.

Especially with Todd Gurley getting hurt. Cam Akers is another example,but at his age & if The Rams could have added a player like AJ Dillion( M. Brown) type it could prolong his career.

HENDO & SONy are a perfect blend right now,with Cam Akers going to be put on that 21 day protocol once this Lossing dust has settled.