Bye Tavon ??? STAYS ON RESTRUCTURE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes sense. I hold no grudges. He simply didn't pan out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Makes sense. I hold no grudges. He simply didn't pan out.
I’m kinda shocked McVay couldn’t get anything out of him. But yeah, good way to put it. No grudges.
Dude put it out there when he played. Some of the most crushing blocks put on by a Ram came from #11

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hate to say it, because Tavon brings a lot more to the Team than his stats show! But it's time to let him go! JMHO

Last edited:

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
He'll end up with his hometown team -- the Baltimore Ravens.

Nostradumbass has spoken...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You don't ever....ever eva....draft 5'8, slot wrs....in the 1st round....neva eva eva....I don't care WHAT their 40 time is....and you know I love 40's....times, not the ounces in beer...LOL

In fact....I don't think you NEED to draft slot wrs.....but that's another topic....

dude could never catch....but he's a tough lil player....and damn fine RB......I said that once...and was jumped on....in here....by some names I still see bashing my every thought...LOL

bluecoconuts

Legend
I remember being excited about having a faster Amendola. Too bad, because we could use him.

Best of luck, I hope we can get a trade for him, even if it's something tiny like a 6th rounder.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Goddamn it. I'm going to miss seeing Tavon Austin in Horns. Electrifying, tough player. I wish he could have fielded punts clean and took off instantly, like Danny A did for us back in the day, instead of running sideways all the time.
On his rushes, seemed like he was always good for 8 yards. And as stated above, a hell of a blocker.
Shit. He's not gone yet. Can he take a pay cut?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Best of luck Tavon unless you end up on a division rival or in New England.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Dude worked hard under McVay, hope he got that Fisher stench out of him and will continue that work ethic.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
In 2016 4 total tds. Last year 1 td and 19 total yards per game. He lost more fumbles this past season than tds and first downs combined. Not even worth 3 million especially with cooper returning and the big 3 wideout package. There's just no place on this roster but I wish him success wherever he goes.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I remember being excited about having a faster Amendola. Too bad, because we could use him.

Best of luck, I hope we can get a trade for him, even if it's something tiny like a 6th rounder.
It will be interesting to see how many 6th round picks the Rams end-up going into the Draft with, 6 or 7!? Plus about 5 other picks!!?!:D Due to Pre-Draft Trades!!(y);)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Not surprised, but I take articles regarding the release of players or trades lightly this time of year. I guess what im saying is I put little faith in predictions by today's journalist

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JMO , but I think he would be a star with Tom Brady and the Pats system . I don't even like saying it and I hope I'm wrong , but I think he's going to take off with another team .

Psycho_X

Legend
I really don't think it was an issue of McVay not knowing how to use him and more of an issue with him adapting to the new "we not me" mantra. I think egos were bruised when Woods, Watkins, and Kupp were brought in and almost immediately replaced him. Injury kept him out of competing at first and when he finally got back in he had a fumbling problem returning punts which was the nail in the coffin. He will go some where who will give him another chance to return punts/kicks and be a utility player on offense and if he doesn't fumble he'll still be electric. Just not $48 million electric.