Building a team from the lines out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have been watching a story about the "Great Wall of Dallas" the Oline that was the base that paved the way for that great offensive team with Aikman and Emmitt.

I know it is tough to find all the right pieces but I just don't understand how there can be any doubt that a great line on both sides of the ball make the team.

Even GSOT would not have been as good without the big uglies in the trenches. Just look at the two guys from GSOT that are now in the HOF final 15. QB and LOT.

It is long passed time to build out this Oline. It ALL starts up front.

Last edited:

Cory

UDFA
I still believe you have to have the right qb. That is where I believe if we don't have that in Bradford it might be tough to get our guy unless we trade up in a draft. I do think great teams are built this way though.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I have been watching a story about the "Great Wall of Dallas" the Oline that was the base that paved the way for that great offensive team with Aikman and Emmitt.

I know it is tough to find all the right pieces but I just don't understand how there can be any doubt that a great line on both sides of the ball make the team.

Even GSOT would not have been as good without the big uglies in the trenches. Just look at the two guys from GSOT that are now in the final 15. QB and LOT.

It is long passed time to build out this Oline. It ALL starts up front.
Yup. It's all about owning the line of scrimmage and that precious 5 yards behind it. We've spent a lot of capital shoring up the defensive front. Now it's time to make our O-line spectacular.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still believe you have to have the right qb. That is where I believe if we don't have that in Bradford it might be tough to get our guy unless we trade up in a draft. I do think great teams are built this way though.
Even great QBs can't do it from their back. Sam is the best option is 2015, spending multiple first round picks for a reach at QB puts the team years behind. There isn't anyone in this draft that can take the Rams to the playoffs

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I say this Snead & Fisher have got it right on one side. Our defensive line is a young solid force. As good as the DL is the OL is the total opposite. Have to hand that to them.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I think its coming together special teams coming around defense filled with talent decent rb core WR core has talent oline needs focus now.

The problem I belive is there hasn't really been any seller oline coming out of the draft till last year