Browns Expected To Release Jason Campbell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...ampbell?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ESPN Cleveland fully expects the Browns to release Jason Campbell.
Campbell, 32, triggered an escalator in his contract because he played 45 percent of the snaps this past season and is now due $3.25 million in 2014. Beat writer Tony Grossi believes that's far too high a price to pay for a guy who was 1-7 as a starter and complained about the cold weather. Campbell and Brandon Weeden are expected to get pink slips this offseason, while Brian Hoyer (ACL surgery) should return to join an early-round draft pick at quarterback.
Source: ESPN Cleveland Jan 21 - 9:23 AM

PhxRam

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...ampbell?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ESPN Cleveland fully expects the Browns to release Jason Campbell.
Campbell, 32, triggered an escalator in his contract because he played 45 percent of the snaps this past season and is now due $3.25 million in 2014. Beat writer Tony Grossi believes that's far too high a price to pay for a guy who was 1-7 as a starter and complained about the cold weather. Campbell and Brandon Weeden are expected to get pink slips this offseason, while Brian Hoyer (ACL surgery) should return to join an early-round draft pick at quarterback.
Source: ESPN Cleveland Jan 21 - 9:23 AM

I cant believe that dude is only 32.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wish the Rams had someone like Grossi covering the team for the fans. He's excellent, nothing like the guys in STL at all. There is also another reporter that is excellent, Mary Kay Cabot, covering the Browns. It's just a different world there in CLE with the team than it is in STL with the Rams I guess.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And as soon as he gets released there will be posters clamoring for him because he's mobile and can run.

The fact that he isn't very good won't matter to them one bit either.

I wouldn't mind him being our back up. The fact is, he would be a huge upgrade over KC. I would just rather go to the draft to get the guy behind Sam.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not so sure of that 2, he's more athletic than Clemens but that's about it. I am happy without him since I don't think he adds anything that is important enough to give him any money at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn't mind him being our back up. The fact is, he would be a huge upgrade over KC. I would just rather go to the draft to get the guy behind Sam.

I agree with this. Campbell can throw a nice pass and put together nice games and has a ton of experience. All of that means he would demand more money than Clemons. Kellen earned the spot with his gutsy play this year. I still think we bring KC back and draft a guy to be the 2 in a year or two in the mid rounds.

A55VA6

Legend
Cambell is a great backup for a team to have imo. He holds his own and makes some plays. Hard to believe he's 32 already.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd be good with Brandon Weeden as our new back up. Then we wouldn't have to use a pick on one.