Broncos were too old and lackadaisical to win Super Bowl?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Mincey says Broncos were “lackadaisical” in Super Bowl XLVIII
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2014

mincey.jpg
AP

The Seahawks blew out the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII for a variety of reasons. Former Broncos defensive lineman Jeremy Minceyidentified one possibly reason during a Saturday appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Zig Fracassi.

“Sometimes the better team don’t always win,” Mincey said. “The Seattle Seahawks came out there fired up and they wanted it more than we did. I think we were a little bit lackadaisical in the locker room before the game. See, that’s the thing about having, like, older guys. And Denver was full of older guys. Older guys take stuff a little lighter than younger guys. . . . We were more laid back and lackadaisical and I think that kind of cost us in a sense.”

Asked whether he thinks the team’s attitude should have been a little more “rah-rah, fired up,” Mincey didn’t mince (yep, I went there) words.

“Yeah, it should have been,” Mincey said. “I really think it should have been. All of us could have played a lot better.”

Mincey has since signed with the Cowboys, which haven’t had the opportunity to be lackadaisical in many postseason games in recent years.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Mincey says Broncos were “lackadaisical” in Super Bowl XLVIII
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2014

mincey.jpg
AP

The Seahawks blew out the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII for a variety of reasons. Former Broncos defensive lineman Jeremy Minceyidentified one possibly reason during a Saturday appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Zig Fracassi.

“Sometimes the better team don’t always win,” Mincey said. “The Seattle Seahawks came out there fired up and they wanted it more than we did. I think we were a little bit lackadaisical in the locker room before the game. See, that’s the thing about having, like, older guys. And Denver was full of older guys. Older guys take stuff a little lighter than younger guys. . . . We were more laid back and lackadaisical and I think that kind of cost us in a sense.”

Asked whether he thinks the team’s attitude should have been a little more “rah-rah, fired up,” Mincey didn’t mince (yep, I went there) words.

“Yeah, it should have been,” Mincey said. “I really think it should have been. All of us could have played a lot better.”

Mincey has since signed with the Cowboys, which haven’t had the opportunity to be lackadaisical in many postseason games in recent years.

PhxRam

Kind of funny that Colin Cowherd predicted a SB blowout. He never picked a winner one way or another, but he did say it would be a blowout.

Love him or hate him, dude IS pretty accurate on his picks.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Kind of funny that Colin Cowherd predicted a SB blowout. He never picked a winner one way or another, but he did say it would be a blowout.

Love him or hate him, dude IS pretty accurate on his picks.

I like Cowherd. But you can't pick both ways.

To me the real Super Bowl was the NFC championship game. The Bronco's (or whomever) were an after thought.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If they would have been fired up then you would have seen Manning getting SMASHED all night. You see the Seahawks players getting to him and holding him up? It was classy in that regard. The only Denver TD was a gift, too.

No Mincey, Seahawks straight up just wooped DEN @ss because Denver doesnt play in many games where every other down is a scrum and yellow hankies resemble leaves in the fall. They pounded every WR to touch the ball to the point of that every Bronco just wanted to call it by the second half. Don't give me "we werent fired up enough." Whatever! You approached that game like every other game and so did the Seahawks. Frightening wasn't it? That's how CAR, ARZ, SEA, SF, and STL all play. The last AFC team to play that grudge style of football was the Ravens with Ray Lewis. Admit it, you guys didn't even know how to play SEA and you got embarrassed in front of the whole world trying to do so.

You suck, Mincy, and I hope you enjoy sucking failure as a Cowboy. You just opened a whole new can of worms down there. Unlike Dallas, Denver actually had some legit peices going for their team to go along with their lack of caring. Dallas has a modest number of talented players to go along with their "we're good" additude. Those guys didn't even earn it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about them jokers and their joker GM/Owner. The only thing he's done right is add a massive TV in the stadium and stripper poles for their hot as hell cheerleaders. That's the kinda crap I'm talking about...