Breer predicting Cutler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
On ESPN radio Albert Breer was one with Van Pelt and Rosillo.

He claimed that Fisher scouted Cutler when he was drafted and he liked him. And Fisher is friends with Shanahan who also scouted and liked Cutler, in fact he traded up to draft him.

Then he noted Fishers success with guys with questionable character like Jenkins and Ogletree and some in his Tennessee time. He said Cutlers past would not scare Fisher and that he thinks St. Louis is the most likely landing spot for Cutler.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Obvious rumor is obvious.

I could easily do the same for Arizona, Buffalo, Tampa, Houston, New York, etc.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

?How so?

I thought Cutler was a likely Rams target too. They need a QB in a hurry and if they can acquire Cutler on the cheap because Chicago wants to dump his contract or releases him then they can invest draft picks in the OLine. It could be the Rams best chance.

What is worse to bank on? Cutlers head or Bradfords knee? I would gamble on the head in this case. Cutler played well with a change of scenery and Fisher is a players coach that may make Culters troubles easier to handle.

Ramathon

On ESPN radio Albert Breer was one with Van Pelt and Rosillo.

He claimed that Fisher scouted Cutler when he was drafted and he liked him. And Fisher is friends with Shanahan who also scouted and liked Cutler, in fact he traded up to draft him.

Then he noted Fishers success with guys with questionable character like Jenkins and Ogletree and some in his Tennessee time. He said Cutlers past would not scare Fisher and that he thinks St. Louis is the most likely landing spot for Cutler.

Might have liked him when he was drafted, but that's a long time ago now. There's what....8-9 year of history available at the pro level to review. What Fisher thought at the time he was drafted should be totally irrelevant at this point.

I think there's less of a chance of the Rams pursuing Cutler (with his FAT contract) than there is of them taking a DL in the 1st round of next year's draft. FAR less, IMO. In fact, I'd venture to say the odds of the Rams pursuing Cutler are the proverbial 'slim & none'.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

I agree. Can't say I didn't think about it though when he got benched though. I think he will be too expensive honestly. Top FA on the market next year I think. He isn't perfect, but he can start, and he can play. I don't think he ends up here unless we release Bradford. I don't think we are going to release Bradford.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I could possibly see it if he was a free agent but his contract will make it really hard for Chicago to walk away. I think it's a reach at best.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Cutler would win us a few games with his gunslinging, but he would also lose us some games as well. Fisher is not a fan of QBs that turn the ball over alot, so I am not sure he would want Cutler.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
?How so?

I thought Cutler was a likely Rams target too. They need a QB in a hurry and if they can acquire Cutler on the cheap because Chicago wants to dump his contract or releases him then they can invest draft picks in the OLine. It could be the Rams best chance.

What is worse to bank on? Cutlers head or Bradfords knee? I would gamble on the head in this case. Cutler played well with a change of scenery and Fisher is a players coach that may make Culters troubles easier to handle.

My point wasn't whether I personally wnated him here or not. I'm indifferent and if it happened, so be it. I'm just saying it's way too easy to predict him going to a team like the Rams or the ones I mentioned. They all have good supporting casts and good defenses.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think we should all see how Clausen looks before we think Cutler is going anywhere. But where there's a will there's a way. I wouldn't be ruling Cutler out here and in fact, may fit well. He will have a top notch defense, a decent running game, a pass catching TE, two tall receivers (if Britt stays), and some speedsters to toss things up. Cutler would likely do well with all that and not having to throw 50 times a game.

ram007

Starter
There is no harbaugh or Arians on this coaching staff to fix broken QBs like cutler. This will be a disaster waiting to happen if Rams sign Cutler.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Are we gonna have no draft picks this year? Giving up picks for Barron really hamstrings us in any trade opportunities going forward.

Alan

Legend
I don't see Cutler wanting to sign with any team to be a backup QB. As Sam is still our no. 1 I don't see this happening. There are many other teams who need a starter.

FRO

Legend
If he can't get it done with Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte, and Bennett, then he can't get it done. Plus he is paid like an elite QB, which he isn't. I would rather take my chances on Bradford being healthy over Jeff George 2.0.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
?How so?

Fisher teams believe in taking care of the ball, running the ball and playing good defense. Cutler is a turnover machine so I don't see it being a good fit.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
... He will have a top notch defense, a decent running game, a pass catching TE, two tall receivers (if Britt stays), and some speedsters to toss things up...

Brandon Marshall has a way of showing up at the party about 5 minutes after him too.

I'm still trying to get my head around this idea. I suppose I could get on board (trade headcase risk verse bradford injury risk) but I just don't see it really happening. It's fun to banter about though. And, I wouldn't put the Rams at the top of his potential landing spots as Breer has.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams might decide to go get their version of Carson Palmer...and buy some time until they can go get a young QB they covet.
I could see this as a possibility. Cutler can play, but he's probably nobody's long term answer anymore.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Seems like any player with a problem is automatically linked to Jeff Fisher.

What's Cutler's problem? That he was on the sideline during the NFC CG when he was hurt or that he rightfully complained to get out of Denver due to McDaniels attempting to trade for Cassel?