The Aaron Rodgers Saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady.....has had far, far less EVERY YEAR to work with than ARod;
Say what? He's had Edelman, Gronk, Welker, Branch, Moss etc, they constantly went out and added guys like Cooks, Bennett, Amendola, Lafell, gave shots to Antonio Brown, Brandon Gibson, Josh Gordon etc, all the while with the best HC since Lombardi, and the best oline coach in Scarneccia. Rodgers has Devante Adams, but yeah they got Jared Cook for 1 year

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So is there a reason why he can't do the Jeopardy gig while playing? I honestly don't know what kind of time commitment that entails. I think they tape the shows.

Regardless, he's not going to the Whiners and if he goes to Denver or the Raiduhs, meh.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
So is there a reason why he can't do the Jeopardy gig while playing? I honestly don't know what kind of time commitment that entails. I think they tape the shows.

Regardless, he's not going to the Whiners and if he goes to Denver or the Raiduhs, meh.
Agreed about the Raiders but Denver has a very good roster.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed about the Raiders but Denver has a very good roster.
But not in our conference so.... Meh.

If he goes to the Raiduhs, he will be running for his life and Chuckie will probably be back to commentating in short order. Quite possibly the most overrated coach in football.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
-Green Bay has passed up WR for defensive players for the last 10 years
-They get rid of a coach who has a 1980 playbook and bring in a failed OC who sets the offense back
-They draft a QB of all things after trading up
-After he threatens to leave they open up the playbook and he has his best season in years and tell him he'll be involved
-They claim to put Love on trade market, but then dont pull trigger on trade
-They cut a WR who Rodgers wanted to stick around
-They draft DB in 1st round for the 5th time in 8 years
And somehow Rodgers is the bad guy for being pissed?
Brady dictated the moves in Tampa, Peyton dictated the moves in Denver, you build around your franchise.
Its a clown show in Green Bay, I cant wait to see that franchise fall apart

Well Done Reaction GIF by Practice English with yadada

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
-They get rid of a coach who has a 1980 playbook and bring in a failed OC who sets the offense back
-After he threatens to leave they open up the playbook and he has his best season in years and tell him he'll be involved
Brady dictated the moves in Tampa, Peyton dictated the moves in Denver, you build around your franchise.
excited hell yeah GIF

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This thread... I picked it up from page 6 tonight. Great read and interesting opinions in there. I found myself liking nearly every post. Good stuff. (y)

A few comments:

Because there is no football commodity as rare and difficult to find as a championship, HOF qb at the top of his game.

Man, exactly. Green Bay should have been going all in to win these last few years. All in.

Maybe when he found out the Rams inquired about him he got mad because the Packers gave a flat out no without consulting him?

I don’t know if I’ve heard this thought before. Interesting... and it makes some sense. Rodgers wanted to be a Ram. :biggrin:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Say what? He's had Edelman, Gronk, Welker, Branch, Moss etc, they constantly went out and added guys like Cooks, Bennett, Amendola, Lafell, gave shots to Antonio Brown, Brandon Gibson, Josh Gordon etc, all the while with the best HC since Lombardi, and the best oline coach in Scarneccia. Rodgers has Devante Adams, but yeah they got Jared Cook for 1 year
LOL DB!!! Like Tom Jackson used to say, "Come on Man!!!!"

From 2011 - 2019 Brady 5 Superbowls, 3 wins Rodgers 0

Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb (and he had Nelson, Jones and Cobb together for 4 straight years! Nelson and Cobb for 6 years), Davante Adams, Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook. Plus the last 4 years he's had Aaron Jones at RB.....2916 rushing yards the last 3 years.

Brady's group looks great on paper. FWIW, Branch and Moss were pre-2011. Cooks was for 1 year. Lafell? And you laugh at Tonyan? Gave shots to Brown (a failure), Brandon Gibson (see Lafell), Josh Gordon (give me a break!). He had Gronk and Edleman....Hernandez for 2011 & 2012. And when fans say, "Aaron Rodgers has Davante Adams" you say, "that's just 1 receiver". Look at the years he had with Nelson, Jones and Cobb together!!

I can post a list of the top 4 receivers for each, each year along with top RB. Brady had two 1,000 yard rushers from 2010-2019. Rodgers 4.

To say Aaron Rodgers has had no help is simply repeating Aaron Rodgers (and his fans in the media) BS.

Ellard80

Legend
LOL DB!!! Like Tom Jackson used to say, "Come on Man!!!!"

From 2011 - 2019 Brady 5 Superbowls, 3 wins Rodgers 0

Jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Randall Cobb (and he had Nelson, Jones and Cobb together for 4 straight years! Nelson and Cobb for 6 years), Davante Adams, Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook. Plus the last 4 years he's had Aaron Jones at RB.....2916 rushing yards the last 3 years.

Brady's group looks great on paper. FWIW, Branch and Moss were pre-2011. Cooks was for 1 year. Lafell? And you laugh at Tonyan? Gave shots to Brown (a failure), Brandon Gibson (see Lafell), Josh Gordon (give me a break!). He had Gronk and Edleman....Hernandez for 2011 & 2012. And when fans say, "Aaron Rodgers has Davante Adams" you say, "that's just 1 receiver". Look at the years he had with Nelson, Jones and Cobb together!!

I can post a list of the top 4 receivers for each, each year along with top RB. Brady had two 1,000 yard rushers from 2010-2019. Rodgers 4.

To say Aaron Rodgers has had no help is simply repeating Aaron Rodgers (and his fans in the media) BS.
its debatable though... and not a huge difference either way. Also need to take defense into consideration.

The first super bowl the pats won against the rams they certainly didn't have shit on offense

PARAM

Hall of Fame
its debatable though... and not a huge difference either way. Also need to take defense into consideration.

The first super bowl the pats won against the rams they certainly didn't have shit on offense
Brady 320 TDs from 2011-2020; Rodgers 325

Defense? Sure the Packers defense the last 10 years doesn't come close to matching up with the Patriots. Isn't that the complaint though? The Packers aren't giving Rodgers enough help because they're always drafting defense?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To say Aaron Rodgers has had help is simply BS.
Fixed
But thanks for making my point, and for those paying attention, the problem in Green Bay. Jordy Nelson hasnt been anything in 6 years, and they did nothing to replace him. Unlike the Patriots who had Edelman and Gronk. (Your paraphrasing skills are poor BTW)
But I get it, you dont like Rodgers so you'll just go with the narrative that he's a baby.
Here's the fact about Rodgers and his affect on the team, without him at QB from 2010-2018, the Pack was 6-11-1
Without Brady between 2008-2016, the Pats were 13-6

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Fixed
But thanks for making my point, and for those paying attention, the problem in Green Bay. Jordy Nelson hasnt been anything in 6 years, and they did nothing to replace him. Unlike the Patriots who had Edelman and Gronk. (Your paraphrasing skills are poor BTW)
But I get it, you dont like Rodgers so you'll just go with the narrative that he's a baby.
Here's the fact about Rodgers and his affect on the team, without him at QB from 2010-2018, the Pack was 6-11-1
Without Brady between 2008-2016, the Pats were 13-6
No, absolutely not. As a football player or more important a QB he's one of the best to ever play. I think that's pretty clear. But to make excuses like "my team isn't trying to help me, they always draft defensive players" is primadonna-ish. This talk of "not helping him" has surfaced over the last few years. What happened before like in 2014 when he had Nelson (98 rec) Cobb (91 rec) and a young Davante Adams (38 rec)? No Superbowl. Or 2016 (*5 seasons back*) with Nelson (97 rec), Adams (79) Cobb (60)? But Brady wins one in 2016 with Edleman (98 rec), White (60 rec), Bennett (55 rec) and Hogan (38)? Or in 2014 when Brady's leading rusher was Jonas Gray (412 yds). Right, the Pats had a great defense. And the Packers had a mediocre defense but they're idiots for drafting defensive players? You can't have it both ways.

Rodgers has had plenty of help. Adams had 18 TDs last year, Tonyan had 11 and Valdes-Scantling had 6. Help me out here.....when was the last time Brady had 2 guys with double digits TD receptions or his top 3 with 35? Last year Rodgers had Adams (115 rec), Tonyan (52), Aaron Jones (47), Scantling and Lazard (33 each) and Jamaal Williams (31). Plus Jones (1104) and Williams (505) had 1600+ yards rushing. Pahleese. This Rodgers isn't given any help is fantasy, perpetrated by him and his fans in the media. Isn't he one of those once in a generational guys who makes everything around him better? This BS is all about 1 thing.....drafting Jordan Love with the 26th pick in 2020 draft. Yeah, they didn't consult with him. They owe him that much. That's all I hear on these sports shows. IMHO, if I'm paying you 37 mil per year or guaranteeing you over 100 million for not making it to the Superbowl every year, I don't owe you shit.

EDIT: At some point doesn't he have to look in the mirror? Since winning the SB in 2010, the Packers have lost 4 Conference Championship Games. Their average score is 22.5 ppg with a high of 26 and a low of 21. Those were in years where they were #1 in the NFL in PPG (twice), #4 and #15. He's a great regular season QB...3 time league MVP. Since winning the SB in 2010, he's 7-8 in the postseason.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This thread... I picked it up from page 6 tonight. Great read and interesting opinions in there. I found myself liking nearly every post. Good stuff. (y)

A few comments:

Man, exactly. Green Bay should have been going all in to win these last few years. All in.

I don’t know if I’ve heard this thought before. Interesting... and it makes some sense. Rodgers wanted to be a Ram. :biggrin:
I meant if its true that he wanted to be near or in LA to film Jeopardy. Stafford requested a trade and got to go where he wanted. Brady picked his landing spot and assembled his team. The Rams call inquiring about Rodgers and the Packers don't ask his opinion on if he'd want to go there before saying no? From his standpoint they have Love, he doesn't think he's in the long term plan. Maybe he feels he should have been given the option to choose like Brady and Stafford.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I meant if its true that he wanted to be near or in LA to film Jeopardy.
Sure. But that ain't how it reads. He's chapped about communication not about being closer LA. He's chapped because the new GM didn't "ask his opinion" before drafting Love. But really, what he's chapped about is Love being drafted at all. It's a smack in the face GB wants to prepare for the future. He'd rather they die when he retires.

If he wanted a trade to be closer to LA, then he should have done what Stafford did. Stafford didn't cite some communication BS. He acted like a man, a franchise QB and approached management behind the scenes, not through the media. He didn't act like a primadonna.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rodgers has had plenty of help. Adams had 18 TDs last year, Tonyan had 11 and Valdes-Scantling had 6. Help me out here.
Your lack of logic is puzzling.
Jordy was the #1, blew out his knee and they havent made an attempt to land a WR since. Cobb sucked, and they didnt try to upgrade him either. For all the talk about Davante, look how long it took him to develop.
Its simple really, and as much as you feel like arguing for arguing sake, you choose to ignore the very point you are making. Rodgers wanted them to upgrade the WR/TE spot for years, and all they've done is draft defensive backs. Scantling and Tonyan? Good lord. The fact those 2 JAGS combined for 17 TD is a testament to Rodgers brilliance. They combined for 3 TD the previous 2 years. Rodgers is THAT good, he makes JAG look like good players. Imagine if he were surrounded with quality talent like Brady? Yeah, Rodgers too

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Your lack of logic is puzzling.
Jordy was the #1, blew out his knee and they havent made an attempt to land a WR since. Cobb sucked, and they didnt try to upgrade him either. For all the talk about Davante, look how long it took him to develop.
Its simple really, and as much as you feel like arguing for arguing sake, you choose to ignore the very point you are making. Rodgers wanted them to upgrade the WR/TE spot for years, and all they've done is draft defensive backs. Scantling and Tonyan? Good lord. The fact those 2 JAGS combined for 17 TD is a testament to Rodgers brilliance. They combined for 3 TD the previous 2 years. Rodgers is THAT good, he makes JAG look like good players. Imagine if he were surrounded with quality talent like Brady? Yeah, Rodgers too
Really DB? Of all people, you're accusing someone of arguing just to argue?

Yeah, he's had no help. He can make JAGS look good for 16 games and the first round of the postseason, then he has a brainfart.

Or is it they lose because of a bad defense? But he wants them to give him more weapons and ignore the defense? They don't bring in free agents because he takes up 20% of their cap.

It's a joke and all about "perceptions". If they draft a WR in the first round, they're helping Rodgers. If Rodgers can't get back to a Superbowl, it's about Green Bay not helping him.

#1 in scoring twice, #4 and #15. 4 CCG loses at 22 PPG a pop. You gotta figure with a great talent like Rodgers they'd have won one.of those by mistake.

Listening to the media today even some.of them are coming to their senses. It's all about the Love pick.

Never heard Brady complaining because New England didn't know how to draft receivers, so they had to sign AB (fail) and a pot head (fail). Never heard Drew Brees complain because all he's had the last few years at WR was 1 guy. They're pros and not concerned with "perceptions".

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Just hurry up and trade that whiney bitch to the Broncos.
He's been exposed. They drafted Love and it lit a fire under his ass. Now he wants out. Funny.

From 2010-2015 66.7% 278.5 ypg 167-36 TD-Int 110.3 rating 167 sacks (with Jags).
From 2016-2019 62.9% 258.7 ypg 138-27 TD-Int 97.5 rating 188 sacks (with more Jags and no help)
2020........................70.7 % 268.7 ypg 48-5 TD-Int 121.5 rating 20 sacks* ..... (with the same jags and "no help")
(*career low for 16 games)

That 2010-2015 was done with "jags" as some people call them. Jordy Nelson was "done" after injuring his knee (2015 preseason). In 2016 he had 97 receptions and 14 TDs. Probably all due to Rodgers, right? Davante Adams "took a long time to develop". He had 75 receptions in year 3 and 74 the next year when Rodgers missed almost all of 10 games (threw 4 passes when he broke his collarbone). What do they say about AR's receivers? He had to "earn Rodgers trust". Suddenly when Nelson went down, trust didn't matter too much and Adams caught 75 passes. So did he not "develop" fast enough or was that development hindered by something else? This is a joke. It's not about anything but butthurt....the drafting of Jordan Love in the first round when Rodgers was the same age as Favre when Rodgers was drafted. Some guys say, "okay kid, be prepared to ride the pine for a few years". Some guys say, "I wasn't consulted. I'm offended. I want out. It irreparable".

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Some good facts there but in all fairness:

- Devante Adams
- Some solid secondary WR’s that torched our top ranked defense last year
- A rising young TE that has several big games when healthy
- A 2021 Pro Bowl RB they just re-signed
- Maybe the best Oline in the NFL last year.
- A young offensive minded new head coach coming from the top offensive system.

That is more support than any team with the exception of maybe the Bucs.