Brandon Thorn's 2014 Top 5 at Every Position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BThorn86

UDFA
Quarterback

1a. Teddy Bridgewater/Junior/21-years old – 6-foot-3, 196 pounds, Louisville: Enough arm strength to make all the throws, needs to add at least 12-15 pounds, but has consistently shown the toughness necessary to play the position on the next level. Bridgewater has frequently played through injuries. Leading his team to a victory in the Sugar Bowl last season against a NFL-laden defense in the Florida Gators was extremely impressive. Bridgewater has improved his numbers in virtually every category in each season he has started: The 2011 season (64.5%, 14 TDs, 12 INTs), 2012 season (68.5%, 27 TDs, 8 INTs), and 2013 season (70.2%, 28 TDs, 4 INTs, with one more game to play).Bridgewater is a true pocket passer who can extend plays if he has to but by no means is it something he will do with regularity (only 204 rushing attempts in three years compared to 1,097 pass attempts). With Bridgewater’s underwhelming stature I don’t see him as being a lock for the No. 1 overall pick.
1b. Blake Bortles/RS Junior – 6-foot-4, 230 pounds, UCF: Every year there is a dark horse quarterback who seemingly shoots up the draft boards after being overlooked much of his career. This year it is Bortles. Blessed with ideal size for the position, Bortles uses it to his advantage, especially inside the pocket. There is no panic in Bortles. He uses his strong arm and impressive stature to keep calm and deliver consistent strikes down the field. Bortles stature is much more NFL-ready than any of the top quarterbacks in this class. The ability to extend plays with underrated athleticism gives Bortles another dimension to his game and a QB-guru in the NFL could develop him into a Ben Roethlisberger-esque type of player....http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/19/2014-nfl-draft-top-5-at-every-position/

BThorn86

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The same reason so many other scouts are being cautious with Andre..is he a one-year wonder? He rushed for less than 600 yards last year. Then, he is taken off the field when the team throws to the running back, why? If he is simply a power back in college with mediocre hands who dominated the ACC competition then does he have breakaway speed? I don't think so but we'll leave that one open for now. I think he's a poor man's Carlos Hyde..

Alan

Legend
I haven't begun to delve into the draft prospects yet but it appears that you've put in a lot of thought, research and work into this. Thanks for sharing with us. Lots of good stuff to look over.:D