Brady Quinn apologizes for comments about Tebow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... sports_pop

Quinn was interviewed by Michael Silver in a GQ article, and lets just say that his comments were interesting, and thats why he had to publicly apologize. I actually dont mind athletes coming out and speaking their mind every now and then. Quinn is a FA, this probably means he isnt going back to Denver, and I think you can understand him being a little frustrated with Tebowmania and how the public probably did have a say in Tebow getting a shot at starting games. Was Quinn being professional here? Maybe not.

This also made me realize that any FA QB that goes to Denver this season is pretty much screwed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Those comments didn't seem that bad. Nothing overtly derogatory anyway. Just seemed like he was a little jaded for not getting his shot as the #2 on that team. That's understandable. Like you said, I don't think any QB is going to get a fair shake - especially when the media continues to portray him as some sort of Archangel sent from football heaven to deliver the NFL from itself.

Case in point (from that article):

tim-tebow-628.jpg

[hil]Photo illustration created for editorial purposes.[/hil]

Here's a thought. Stop creating illustrations.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Those comments didn't seem that bad. Nothing overtly derogatory anyway. Just seemed like he was a little jaded for not getting his shot as the #2 on that team. That's understandable. Like you said, I don't think any QB is going to get a fair shake - especially when the media continues to portray him as some sort of Archangel sent from football heaven to deliver the NFL from itself.

Now that I have had time to reflect on that whole thing I can understand why people root for him so much. The religion is a big factor, his college success is a big factor, but I wonder how many people rooted for him around draft time when there were so many football analysts saying he cant be a good QB in the NFL. As a fan, when you see that playing out dont you wanna be one of the people saying "heywhy not, i'll root for him, maybe he will succeed." It makes the people that are already on board with him root for him even more because they can call out those analysts and make them eat crow.

For me, a lot of those Bronco games were so hard to watch for 3 and a half Qtrs. It was brutal. Why is it that no other QBs in the NFL have to be over-analyzed on a weekly basis? I never understood that. Oh and Ive been getting so sick of the "hes a winner" statements. John freaking Skelton won some games for the Cardinals, how many people were saying that about him? Its like that statement only applies to Tebow and Vince Young. We can only pick certain QBs, and for others we have to bring up the defense and other players around them on that TEAM (end rant). I dont know if it lasts. All I can assume so far is that Tebow can throw pretty good downfield throws, its the short and intermediate throws (fitting it into a tight window) that give him the most trouble right now. Theres no reason to think he cant improve on that.

The religion wouldnt be as big of a deal if fans/media didnt bring it up so much. We all remember Kurt Warner and how religious he was, but it was still private. I would see current Rams players like Mark Clayton and James Laurinaitis tweet bible verses a lot. When Quinn brought up the religion and how he would do it in private maybe it did rub him the wrong way to see Tebow kneel down and pray on the sidelines and the cameras caught that every game. How often do we see NFL players do that? Im pretty sure it isnt common. Eh, maybe its no big deal.