Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably gonna catch hell for this on the forum but, Sam Bradford hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can win a Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong he is by far the best we have but he's not much better than any other avg or below avg qb in the NFL. Sorry, let the arguments begin.....

fastcat

Pro Bowler
If Trent Dilfert can win a sB, why can't Sam? Lol, what hasn't he showed u that makes u believe that? He is acurate doesn't throw many pics, and has shown his pocket presence to be 100x better than years past...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
No QB can win a superbowl by themselves. Did you not see all those penalties out there today? Bradford made like one bad throw, and even that was a great play by the D-lineman to pick it and score.

Oh, and let's just get to the playoffs first, and then we can worry about how many superbowls he can or can't win.

had

Rookie
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Sam he's not much better than any other below avg qb in the NFL. Sorry, let the arguments begin.....

Bradford has elite skills, and has had to learn to more effectively manage the game. It's coming. The tools are elite, if you can't see that, or you disagree, fine.

You're trolling, brother.

And your diaper needs changing.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
I feel he should have done a little better considering how well the OLine did their jobs. He was far from bad, though. I think alot of it was the fact that Peterson was on Givens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
fastcat said:
If Trent Dilfert can win a sB, why can't Sam? Lol, what hasn't he showed u that makes u believe that? He is acurate doesn't throw many pics, and has shown his pocket presence to be 100x better than years past...

For one, we are inside the 5 yard line twice today and settle for field goals. Not blaming him completely, but I believe a top quarterback would find a way to get in the end zone. Second, you've apparently got all these new "toys", take a shot down the field a little bit. I understand that it is only one game and he did try with tavon once but if he was a great qb, he would be putting it in the air a little more. Play calling? Confidence in your qb? I don't know....

had said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Sam he's not much better than any other below avg qb in the NFL. Sorry, let the arguments begin.....

Bradford has elite skills, and has had to learn to more effectively manage the game. It's coming. The tools are elite, if you can't see that, or you disagree, fine.

This is what I don't get. What do you mean he has elite skills? Not trolling either bro.

Simba

Rookie
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Probably gonna catch hell for this on the forum but, Sam Bradford hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he can win a Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong he is by far the best we have but he's not much better than any other avg or below avg qb in the NFL. Sorry, let the arguments begin.....

First 2 quarters and half I agree, than when we was really close to the loss, he has changed something in his way to play as we didn't see before, improving step by step (all the team, especially the defense).This win is his win too.

Simba said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

First 2 quarters and half I agree, than when we was really close to the loss, he has changed something in his way to play as we didn't see before, improving step by step (all the team, especially the defense).This win is his win too.

I agree he put together a nice drive at the end of the game to get us in field goal range but before he can be called an elite qb, in my opinion he has to lead his team to a better than .500 season.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Did you see that beautiful pass he threw to Cook down the seam. Then a great play by #32 and Cook doesn't secure the ball.

Bradford makes great plays but sometimes he is overlooked because the rest of the team blunders!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Simba said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

That's also Schotty taking the handcuffs off too. His playcalling sucked half the game. This offense is built to stretch the field, not call a predictable power run and then a dink-dunk pass. That was sooo last season. I hope he learned his lesson..

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DegenR(g)ambler said:
fastcat said:

For one, we are inside the 5 yard line twice today and settle for field goals. Not blaming him completely, but I believe a top quarterback would find a way to get in the end zone. Second, you've apparently got all these new "toys", take a shot down the field a little bit. I understand that it is only one game and he did try with tavon once but if he was a great qb, he would be putting it in the air a little more. Play calling? Confidence in your qb? I don't know....

I thought Sam had a decent game, though it was an uneven game. He made plays when he needed to, but he made 2 mistakes that bothered me. He still gets balls batted too easily.

On the plus side they did score 27 points against a very good defense and it would have been 34 if Cook doesn't loose the ball.

It's only the first game in a new offense with a lot of new young players. I need to see a lot more games to get a better read on Sam, but he doesn't look like a very heady QB just yet, but I wonder how much of that is Shotty. The play calling was worse than Sam.

had

Rookie
DegenR(g)ambler said:
had said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

This is what I don't get. What do you mean he has elite skills? Not trolling either bro.

You don't think Bradford has an elite arm?

You don't think Bradford has an elite arm?

It's such an important question, I had to kous kous your as*.

RamsNation

Rookie
He showed great poise and command of the offense.He never once looked like he was out of it or the moment was to big.He looked like he had an answer for everything and made good decisions,he took what the defense gave him and lead us to multiple TD's and a couple FGs in the 5 that have rapidly been TD's.Yall need to chill out with the hate he is a good QB and if getting better every single game and its noticeable.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
DegenR(g)ambler said:
fastcat said:

Could be play calling, but if they didn't have confidence in Sam, they probably woulda drafted a qb. I'm not saying Sam is great or elite becuase frankly he isn't either one. But he is better than average, even better than above average. And he does have to get better in the redzone but I had concerns about him coming into last year and he has erased all my doubts. My big things with him were his pocket presence and connecting on the deep ball. And he does both now quite well.

A55VA6

Legend
And his performance today was good. I don't kno how you can hate on it. Basically had 3 TD's, only 2 because of the Cook fumble. Threw for 299 yards. And when we were down 11, he brought us down the field and put points on the board.

Bradford in the 4th quarter tonight: 8-of-10 for 76 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT. Rating of 131.7.

If our defense can be great, like they have the potential to be, Sam's numbers could win us a super bowl. And I only expect his numbers to increase. Cardinals have a good defense. That's why they started 4-0 last year.

I think Bradford had a good game.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bradford was good. People underestimate Arizona's defense but they are quite good. For a first game I thought he did well, especially given they were playing a strong D. Bradford doesn't lose us many games, and if we had lost this one in no way would it be on him. He drove us down the field quite a bit, he can't do it all though.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
In the fourth quarter Bradford completed 8 of 10 passes for 76 yards including a touchdown pass to Cook. Bradford's fourth-quarter passer rating was 131.7.

Bradford was better than Shotty that's for sure.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the other hand, Palmer looked like the moment of truth was too big for him. If he doesn't choke on passes thrown at the 5:25 mark in the 4th and 1:56 on third down in the 4th, who knows the outcome. Then reliable Sam calmly gets The Leg within range and we win.
I guess what I'm getting at, Sam was better in the clutch than Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.